• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Vein ability CRT and age clarifications.

• Immortality Type 1 & 7: Revenants do not age, they remain the same physically as of their time of death, Nicola is a perfect example of this. Moreover, revenants are created whenever the engineered BOR parasite attaches to the heart of a human corpse, taking control of all vital organs, including the brain; meaning they are technically reanimated corpses with the capacity to maintain their sense of self, this also ties in to never aging as their biological growth has ceased due to already being dead.
  • Self-Sustenance Type 2: Yakumo literally states that as revenants are already dead, they do not need food for nourishment, but can still choose to eat if desired. Only that revenants need to drink blood to sate the bloodthirst of the BOR parasite in their heart so it doesn't burrow deeper and turn them into the Lost.
  • Possible regeneration downgrade from High to High-Mid or Low-High: Although dispersal is stated to deconstruct the cells of revenants and restore their body, it is more of a defense mechanism to prevent any further injury that may be fatal. Taking lethal damage is also stated to be one way revenants develop memory loss as well. However, revenants can revive indefinitely as long as their heart remains intact, but are truly killed when it is destroyed and are turned to ash, with Cruz Silva being the only exception as she is the Queen.
The Lost can also survive having their heart destroyed, as quote from the tips section on the loading screen: "The fate of revenants who frenzy due to bloodthirst. The BOR Parasite's invasion of the body accelerates, fusing it to the host at a cellular level. This means the BOR Parasite cannot be separately destroyed, and the host is immune to being turned to ash.", so the Lost may have Low-High regen in this case

The official artbook of Code Vein lists the official ages of characters (as of time of death):
Queenslayer: Unknown
Louis: 20 (Page 37)
Yakumo: 22 (Page 45)
Mia: 18 (Page 55)
Io: Unknown (Likely due to her nature as an Attendant)
Jack: 22 (Page 71)
Eva: 18 (Page79)
Nicola: 7 (Page 89)
Karen: 24 (Page 91)
Emily: 21 (Page 93)
Murasame: 16 (Page 95)
Coco: 21 (Page 99)
Davis: 40 (Page 101)
Gregorio: 50 (Page 101)
Cruz: 18 (Page 103)
Aurora: 24 (Page 105)
Mido: Unknown

Last edited:
A bit of a note on Dispersal, cited straight from the tips section on the loading screen:

Dispersal
"A BOR Parasite self-defense mechanism."
"When a fatal injury is detected in the host, the cells of the body split up into a cloud that reforms later, granting almost limitless regenerative capability."

It explicitly states that their body splits at a cellular level, so I see it as no higher than Low-High regeneration, as even Mid-High requires all biology to be destroyed, which would include the cells of revenants.

Last edited:
For the regen downgrade, i'm not entirely sure? Sounds iffy.

Don't forget that the carriers or whatever the vessels of the Relics are called can also regenerate from heart destruction. Remember when Jack shoots you in the heart after you finish off the queen? Additionally, Jack specifically mentions that he destroyed you and is shocked to see you alive. Cruz's regen should apply to the vessels of her body parts as well.

Ah yes. The Successors would also have this feature, including the Player as they are the Successor of the Blood.
The only reason the Player survived being shot through the heart is that when the Player finished off Cruz, they absorbed her blood through their Blood Veil and gained access to her degree of regeneration. Blood Veils are stated to be used to absorb the blood of the Lost and purify it so revenants can use it for their attacks.

Blood Veils
"Equipment developed to provide protection and efficiently drain the blood of opponents in battle."
"Incorporating the user's blood improves its defensive qualities, and blood absorbed from foes is purified and delivered internally."

In this case, all Revenants should also have Absorption, as they absorb ichor using their Blood Veil.

I still believe that regeneration is Low-High at most though. The pages have it as High since "Through dispersal, revenants can split their body into imperceptibly small particles and reform themselves at a mistle", but the page never specifically says what these particles are. However, the loading screen tips explicitly state that their bodies disperse at a cellular level, which sounds like Low-High at the most.

Yet, this is dispersal, not actual regeneration. Dispersal is a defense mechanism that activates whenever a revenant receives a fatal wound. At most, I believe it is just Self-BFR and limited teleportation via mistles. Revenants only truly die if their heart is destroyed, which means they can revive solely off of their heart alone, or High-Mid. However, Successors can revive even if their heart is destroyed, which is at least High-Mid, likely even Low-High. Even Mid-High is pushing their limits, as even Successors cannot regenerate from becoming ash once their relic is restored.

Last edited:
I'm just happy to see actual Code Vein revisions! though I don't like being reminded of the fact that I never got around to finishing all the profiles, even some important ones ;-;

But yes, this all sounds reasonable. The regeneration justification was, if I recall from when I was first making the profiles, rather limited; since there was absolutely nothing perceptible left when a revenant disperses, I believe I took that to mean there was likely only very, very limited physical matter left, hence the rating. However, this lore description stating it splits them on a cellular level and reforms them is a much cleaner and more detailed justification, and also fits well into a specifically Low-High justification.

The reason the page specifies the difference between ordinary regeneration and their regeneration with dispersal is specifically because dispersal seems to work by a different process, and isn't combat applicable. Low-High regeneration with dispersal should be perfectly acceptable. And everything else is pretty straightforward.

Yeah, I'm playing on my third playthrough of Code Vein currently and seen some things that could be used in a revision after seeing there were Code Vein pages. Perhaps we should have a few more people agree on this before there are changes, but I'm glad to help on this pages.

Anyways, I have a few rough examples for the abilities to be added:
Immortality Type 1: Revenants no longer age as all biological growth is halted due to already being dead.
Self-Sustenance Type 2: As stated by Yakumo, revenants do not have the need to consume food, but can choose to if desired.
Immortality Type 7: Revenants are created whenever a BOR Parasite is placed in the heart of a human corpse, taking control over all vital organs, including the brain.
Regeneration: From High to Low-High with dispersal. "Through dispersal, revenants can split their body at a cellular level and reform themselves at a mistle."
Absorption & Purification Type 1: Blood Veils allows revenants to absorb and purify the blood of their foes, this blood is then delivered internally into the revenant's body.

All characters who have a confirmed age should have the ages mentioned above from the official artbook.
Example: Louis; 20 years old (As of time of death)

Skull King should have a note that the destruction of his heart will not permanently kill him, as Lost can still revive if their heart is destroyed according to the lore. This applies for Skull King only, not Gregorio Silva.

Last edited:
Mid should be fine for their normal regeneration. After all, they can get pummeled into the ground with massive hammers (which pretty sure would completely shatter bone and cause extreme brain damage), but they can just shake it off with a bit of regeneration.

But yeah. It sounds like Low-High is the best option for their regeneration via dispersal.

Back