• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cleaning Up the RWBY Page and Character Profiles

So, this post is regarding the condition of the RWBY Verse homepage. As well as the Character Profiles. Homepage: The character section grossly outdated. Specifically, the Character section needs future proof sections. Instead of "Huntsmen In-Training" and "Professional Huntsmen" it should just be "Huntsmen/Huntress". This is because characters that were in "Huntsmen In-Training" will be moved to "Professional Huntsmen" just like Team RWBY and JNR. Within that category, t can be broken down into "Beacon Huntsmen", "Haven Huntsmen", "Atlas Huntsmen", "Shade Huntsmen", and "Other" for characters like Maria, Amber, and Oscar. Salem's Faction should be renamed to "Salem's Inner Circle" to match the Companion Guide."Gods" should be its own category instead of being in other. Jinn and the Relics should be included in this as well. Adam was working for Salem indirectly through Hazel so he can be in Salem's Inner Circle. If not, then just make a White Fang section. More obviously though, the images for everyone are outdated. They should all be the most recent screenshots from the show.

Character Profiles: This one is rather simple but possibly the most tedious. Typically the profiles use the Amity Arena art, but I propose a better solution. Instead, we should use the official concept art in PNG forms. And screenshots for characters that don't have any concept art for that particular Volume. The reason for these changes that it allows for more prompt creation of new profiles. We wouldn't have to wait for Amity Arena to create that particular character. Especially since AA has a new unit (sometimes two) every month. Which aren't guaranteed to be "new" characters. The concept art and screenshots are also directly associated with RT, unlike AA. As well as are more in line with the official designs for the characters. NOTE: This would mean changing the current profiles as well.

This should be a Content Revision thread, not a Wiki Management thread, fixing that, but please do note that next time? You're essentially are never supposed to use this board for making threads.

Zark2099 said:
This should be a Content Revision thread, not a Wiki Management thread, fixing that, but please do note that next time? You're essentially are never supposed to use this board for making threads.
Alright thank you

The Aminty Arena art is fine, no reason to change them. If it's not fan art then it's fine to use. Especially since lots characters don't even have concept art, or it's unfinished concept art. We also don't wait for characters to have Amity Art to make profiles.

The updated verse page is... I have any strong opinions on this.

TheRustyOne said:
The Aminty Arena art is fine, no reason to change them. If it's not fan art then it's fine to use. Especially since lots characters don't even have concept art, or it's unfinished concept art. We also don't wait for characters to have Amity Art to make profiles.
The updated verse page is... I have any strong opinions on this.
I said concept art or screenshots and explained why i'd use those over AA. As for charcaters that HAVE profiles but no accesible concept art: Team CFVY (Minus Velvet), Team CRDL, Raven (which has literal fan art on her page), Peter Port, Bartholomew Oobleck, Neptune Vasilias, and The Malachite Twins. Which I also addressed with using screenshots from the actual show. And if you don't wait then where are the ACEOPS and Happy Huntresses profiles? Like I know you don't make them, but I haven't seen anyone talk about making them. But I have seen people say they should wait until there is AA art available for different characters before.

I agree with usint Amity Arena art, 90% of the characters dont even have art and Amity Arena is canon art for almost every character in the series

That isn't true, anyone can make their profiles as long as their stats are correct. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not very motivated to make any.

TheRustyOne said:
That isn't true, anyone can make their profiles as long as their stats are correct. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not very motivated to make any.
What are you saying isn't true exactly? It wasn't very clear.

WeeklyBattles said:
I agree with usint Amity Arena art, 90% of the characters dont even have art and Amity Arena is canon art for almost every character in the series
I already addressed that.

it's an expression, not a good one I know, but I'm saying us waiting for Amity Art isn't true, we use Amity Art since it's far higher quality in many areas. But you can make a profile without it, the reason those people don't have profiles is because no one has bother to make them. Maybe some people don't want to make any without Amity Art, but that's not a rule.

If you feel like those characters need profiles then read this page and try it yourself. No reason to axe Amity Art just because some of the characters don't have any.

I don't have any problem with keeping the Amity Arena Art. If you want to change images on a specific profile then post the images here and let them be judged.

Damage3245 said:
I don't have any problem with keeping the Amity Arena Art. If you want to change images on a specific profile then post the images here and let them be judged.
Is that only part of the post that you are going to comment on? Also that would a **** ton of pictures because it be like everyone.

TheRustyOne said:
it's an expression, not a good one I know, but I'm saying us waiting for Amity Art isn't true, we use Amity Art since it's far higher quality in many areas. But you can make a profile without it, the reason those people don't have profiles is because no one has bother to make them. Maybe some people don't want to make any without Amity Art, but that's not a rule. That wasn't even the main crux of my original argument but alright. I guess I could make profiles for the entire verse. If you feel like those characters need profiles then read this page and try it yourself. No reason to axe Amity Art just because some of the characters don't have any.

> Also that would a **** ton of pictures because it be like everyone.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you are referring to.

Damage3245 said:
> Also that would a **** ton of pictures because it be like everyone.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you are referring to.
The amount of pictures I would be posting in reference to replace the current ones.

I am more concerned with addressing the idea anyway rather then any one specific picture(s). So, it doesn't not have to be brought up again. Besides I don't expect everyone to agree with my choices. So I opted for a set system instead in order to circumvent that.

I don't mind if you improve the organisation in the RWBY verse page, but you should ask the staff members listed there to comment here. I am the wrong person to ask.

Antvasima said:
I don't mind if you improve the organisation in the RWBY verse page, but you should ask the staff members listed there to comment here. I am the wrong person to ask.
The supporters list seemed out of date

Well, you can ask the members who do not have an "Inactive" tag on their profile pages and have a reasonable amount of edits.

Here are some staff members that you can ask:

WeeklyBattles

SomebodyData

Ryukama

DarkDragonMedeus

Dargoo Faust

Sir Ovens

Thanks. Please go to their message walls and politely ask them to comment here by linking to this thread.

Back