• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are 8-A thanks to Killua's Kanmaru. Killua starts with Speed of Lightning, speed equalized. Stat Amps that can be stacked on that are valid, but also equalized on multiplier or whatever when it comes to speed. Killua has stealth mastery and thus attacks first.

Sonic the Hedgehog — 6 (Paladinporter, CaptainFinniga, Maverick Zero X, Wokista, ShakeResounding and Blueblur24)

Killua Zoldyck — 0

Their range seems to be balanced, but who is more versatile? Killua can use his claws to surpass a potential AP or Durability disadvantage, how does Sonic deal with his IR? Who is smarter?

But more importantly...

...who wins?

Ff8c19ce637de55bb77c81180434427f877efeea s2 n2
Ultimate showdown of Ultimate destiny... but unhappily I don't have a Classic Sonic version.

He scales from Bonolenov, whose feat calced here is anywhere from 109 tons to 218.1 tons of TNT. He also has his claws to cause piercing and cutting damage in order to compete with stronger opponents.

Attack Potency:

• Sonic takes this his 224 ton feat. This advantage is significant as Killua only scales to Bonolenov's 145 ton feat, meaning Sonic wil ultimately have an advantage when it comes to trading blows.
Durability:

• Sonic takes this via being overall more durable and his forcefields.
Speed:

• Speed is Equal, but Killua will start off with an advantage due to OP intentionally making it so Killua starts off with an advantage.
That aside, Sonic can also amp his speed and thus can rival or match Killua's speed amps. He can supplement that with his Spin Dash maneuvers which increase his mobility.

Abilities:

• Killua can briefly throw Sonic off with his Afterimage technique, dodge some of Sonic's offensive maneuvers via his Instinctive Reactions, and deal piercing damage via his claws (debatably won't be very effective due to Sonic's far superior durability and forcefields).
Sonic can render himself immune to Killua's electricity-based attacks via his Thunder Shield, transmute him in a pile of Rings via Ring Time , and give himself a better chance at dodging Killua's attacks having access to a few Color Powers.

Overall, I'll go with Sonic (high diff) via AP and Dura advantage, Speed Shoes, Forcefields, and Ring Time.

Actually, because Killua starts with Denkou Sekka, both are equalized but when both stat amp again (Spin Dash vs Whirlwind, perhaps,), they'll be equal again. That's basically it. XD Adding your vote for Sonic.

Also, why would claws be so ineffective? In this wiki, piercing and cutting weapons are often mentioned to counter AP-Durab differences up to a several times ratio. The fact they're in the hands of a genius of assassination makes them even more effective, potentially to the level of serious damage or kill with every blow. The tricks Killua can perform with his heavy yo-yos are another point: he's once used them to two-shot an enemy he couldn't damage at all with normal attacks.

I also think you forgot to take into account Killua's stealth mastery: if Sonic fails to avoid a stealthy blow, he'll likely die immediately.

All of this might turn this Sonic's high-diff victory into a Killua's high-diff or even mid-diff victory.

Sonic's fought invisible enemies before for stealth, but why exactly does he 1 shot with a stealthy blow? A Sword still wouldn't work so well against a forcefield, claws are in the same boat.

Okay.

Where has it been mentioned that piercing damage bypasses durability differences up to a several times ratio? For your second point, I'm pretty sure Killua's yo-yos can be countered with well-timed Insta-Shields which are capable of rendering Sonic invincible to attacks that would otherwise damage him.

A stealth attack can be rendered null by Sonic's superior durability and forcefields. A stealthy blow wouldn't bypass that.

Even then, does Killua have a defense against Ring Time ?

Tbh I don't even know if Durability is of any use against Ring Time, although its range is small (twelve meters at best? The monsters had a chance of entering the screen) so I'm certain that should Killua have the chance to notice he's using it, he'd stick to ranged attacks.

Onto where it has been mentioned, it's used in several fights, although I don't know if there's something more official: Izuku lost his fight against a ninja who had like half or less AP than his Durability because she could spam shurikens that would cause him serious damage regardless. Another point is how heavy and cutting weapons (check the pages for Sledgehammer and Katana ) are tiered a fixed 9-C (potentially 9-B for sledgehammers) even though, given they are melee weapons, a blade's energy output is exactly the output of its wielder. But I do indeed not have some solid evidence, even if it's understandable: greater strength focused on a much smaller point and a larger mass with the same velocity both severely amplify the resulting damage.

Aren't the shields either "invincible, but timed" or "longlasting, but break in one strong blow"? Pretty sure Killua can wait for the first type to vanish and make a combined attack with his two yo-yos in order for the first break the shield and the other one hit him right behind before reaction time.

"Wokistan wrote:"

Can't quote you properly on cellphone, but Killua can one-shoot with a stealthy blow by going for a vital point, which is something in-character for him (he's highly pragmatic and cunning during fights). Also, did any of those try to silently hitkill him when his guard is low? What are his actual methods to deal with stealth?

They enter the screen mainly because the game doesn't consider them to even exist before then. At that point they're an animation. ALso, isn't Killua a melee fighter? Not sure how he'd have the chance to notice before being ring timed if there's no civs and stuff in the arena and it doesn't transmute objects like trees. The blades output is already a bit higher due to how physics work, and cuts into 9C due to the force being delivered over a small area. This is how the minor dura neg works, like on AP bullets, because its proportionally a far greater amount of force. Sledgehammers are that high due to it being a greater mass than a fist being swung, and the fact that due to the head being on the outside of the arc it travels the farthest and picks up the most KE. IRL people are 9C, a few were even 9B before the border was moved, its really not that big a gap. The soldiers and fighters who used swords and stuff were likely in the 10A to 9C range to begin with. 10B to 9C is less of a gap, energy wise, then sonic and Killua here.

Shields are timed, but he can spam them. It also covers his whole body and is just a flash. Nothing for him to wait for. Think of it like an omnidirectional invincible parry.

They have equal speed and since all Sonic has to do is get in close he'll easily transmute Killua by Spin Dashing into him. A Homing Attack would do a good job of that. Killua wouldn't have any way of knowing of what the energy field around Sonic actually does so he most likely condemn himself via haphazardly getting in close (his profile seems to portray him as one who typically gets in close to dismember opponents and you've said that Killua to prone to attempting stealth attacks).

Onto your point about piercing damage, I'll just take your word for it and say that Sonic counters with elemental shields or Ring Time, disabling his ability to get in close and rendering his claws a non-factor.

Sonic's Insta-Shields can be spammed in rapid succession. Thing is, would Killua's attacks be considered "strong" enough to break Sonic's shields?

Also, their speed and mobility are on par with each other's so Sonic won't just stand there and let Killua strike him with a long winded combat attack. Nor would Killua be capable of keeping his distance from Sonic.

Mand21 said:
Can't quote you properly on cellphone, but Killua can one-shoot with a stealthy blow by going for a vital point
He wouldn't be able to do this if Sonic's entire body is surrounded by a forcefield. @Wokistan, Are you voting for Sonic?

Shields do cause visual distortions, though. Killua has been shown to be extremely cautious against stronger opponents and unforeseen situations. Although he would immediately go for the kill against an opponent he's read through, he was extremely careful against that rabbit chimera ant and it seems rationalized and blended into his personality rather than just an effect of Illumi's mind control needles. In other words, upon seeing that visual distortion your video shows around Ring Time Sonic, he'd know to keep distance.

Insta-shields can be spammed, but would they be around an off-guard Sonic? For what reason would he keep these protections around when an opponent's presence is unbeknownst to him? And I'd actually bet a yo-yo attack would be strong enough, given the two-shot-against-invulnerable situation.

But indeed, should a straight-forward battle commence between them, Killua would be put in serious disadvantage.

He does it on a reaction, not sure why you're assuming he's off guard. His AP is still lower, and he doesn't get his AP doubled just for swinging two yoyos at once. Both of them have a low enough range to be able to see each other clearly off the bat.

Yeah, I'm going to give this to Sonic FRA, as lazy as it sounds. There's not really anything else I can bring to the table that Maverick hasn't already said.

So Killua will try to keep his distance, that's all find and dandy. But that won't stop Sonic from getting in close. Sonic's signature moveset (Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Drop Dash, ect) are all designed around increasing mobility and propelling himself forward. And with speed equalized, I don't how Killua will be able to effectively keep his distance to avoid getting transmutated.

Why exactly are you assuming that Sonic would be off guard? Regardless, a sneak attack wouldn't instantly kill Sonic (considering his durability advantage).

Okay, so the current tally is:

Sonic: 3 (Me, Wokistan, and ShakeResounding)

Killua: 1 (Mand21)

Wokistan said:
He does it on a reaction, not sure why you're assuming he's off guard. His AP is still lower, and he doesn't get his AP doubled just for swinging two yoyos at once. Both of them have a low enough range to be able to see each other clearly off the bat.
Because it's a stealth attack, of course. The battle beginning within range doesn't mean Sonic already knows what to do or that Killua can't hide and wait for him to lower his guard (or even just not be detected from the beginning).

And a sneak attack might already cause serious damage or, if aimed for a vital spot, do kill.

He can't really hide all that well if Sonic can start with him clearly in view and just needs to walk near him for him to die. If ring time works the way it appears, then Killua absolutely needs to use ranged attacks, meaning Sonic can actually Dodge and just track where the attack came from. It's weird that Sonic of all people has this instant death radius, but it is what it is. He doesn't start invisible or get prep, and they aren't far from one another, so idk why you don't think Sonic knows where he is.

True enough. As the OP, I think I cannot vote, but let's see what other people have to say.

Edit: Votes added to the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back