• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cirno and Sanae vs Papyrus and Sans

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
That's right. Everyone's favorite fairy and the geeky part-goddess shrine maiden team up to take on the bone brothers. This match exists for several reasons.

a. I'm a crazy person.

b. I'm been seeing a looooot of Sans threads, but no love for Papyrus.

c. I really like all the characters involved.

Anyway, this is a random encounter split into three rounds with a few important rules.

Round 1: Everyone is in character, but willing to fight. Takes place in Snowdin.

Round 2: Everyone is willing to kill if need be, but still have most of their morals. Takes place at Mos Eisley spaceport. Because why not?

Round 3: No morals and all-out combat. Takes place in the hallway before Asgore's throne room.

The winner of each round is decided when the other side is no longer able to fight back.

No BFR.

Reasons for votes would be appreciated.

Sanae
Cirno

1444920000 sans and papyrus
As for battle music...how about.......
Undertale Remix SharaX - Megalotrousle
Undertale Remix SharaX - Megalotrousle

I got lazy when trying to assess their powers and abilities, hang on~

Nvrmind, i just got into San's mode again. Will have to wait, dude.

Hmmm. Well according to their profiles, it would seem that Papyrus is roughly on par with Cirno and Sanae. The winning factor would depend on how powerful Sans is. More specifically, how much damage his KR and Blue Mode can do. He WAS able to use it effectively against Frisk/Chara, whom are both multiversal beings, so I would assume that it would be effective here, as well.

Sans is so hackish that Cirno and Sanae would need... a miracle... to win...

Jokes aside, Sans when not seriously trying probably isn't that big of a threat for the casual matches.

Well, do frogs count? I don't know if Cirno or Sanae has ever actually killed a sentient being before. Sanae exterminates youkai, but that's not the same thing as they are still around after the fact.

Actually, they both have killed many fairies, but they are immortal... so does that count?

Drac32Drac said:
Well, do frogs count? I don't know if Cirno or Sanae has ever actually killed a sentient being before. Sanae exterminates youkai, but that's not the same thing as they are still around after the fact.
Actually, they both have killed many fairies, but they are immortal... so does that count?
if they directly preform an action that causes an entity to be dead, stuff like knocking out or anything that maims but not kills is fine

Cirno doesn't get killed, given that she is reborn as long as cold exists (at which point I may remind you that the average temperature of the universe is 2.7 Kelvin, so quite cold).

The fact that once again no winning conditions are defined (we really should write a standard assumptions page some time) makes it hard to determine the winner based on that.

For Round 3 I would assume that basically no one is assumed to give up, so there cirno wins eventually... just a matter of time.

For the other both rounds: Same thing, if giving up isn't a possibility of losing. Else cirno could be made to give up after some time. I don't know if it accounts to much, but Perfect freeze will be capable of stopping the projectiles, I would believe. So that may help?

About Karmic Retribution: Given that Touhous kill count is 0 for the most part and that all characters involved are quite innocent in nature, it likely will not have much of an effect.

Touhou people can also fly, which gives them mobility and range advantage.

Undertale characters have speed advantage though I guess.

Probably a stalemate between Cirno and Sans, due to Cirno being immortal and Sans being too fast. Sana could take care of Papyrus without Cirno in Scenario 1 and 2, but 3 would probably be too much for her.

Don't be so quick to assume that Cirno specificallly is immortal. The dialogue at the end of PoFV between Cirno and Eiki makes that unclear at best.

edit... Also, many youkai do kill(offscreen of course) for food. But the characters involved don't.

Yeah but that's what it is, unclear. We can't say that she loses because she can die in unknown cirumstances.

True, but you also can't say she wins either. Eiki makes it sound like she 'may' already be mortal, or may become mortal later. She doesn't clarify it beyond that.

I doubt that said moment would pop up in THIS battle tho, and I'm not saying that she wins, as I don't think she would be able to hit him.

Actuallly, at the end of PoFV, Cirno spent a good deal comtemplating the implications of her being able to die. So, there's that too.

Well I'd weager that she spend the whole game of Fairy Wars dying and coming back so again, her dying forever in this battle seems a bit of a stretch.

And yet, Marisa seriously lowballed her abilities instead of using her impossibly lethal lasers that would have undoubtedly killed her. Spellcard rules don't have to protect fairies afterall.

Yeah but she did fight seriously with the girls, and it doesn't matter HOW she died, she still did died.

It's plausible that after the revalation, that the duelists became aware of that fact and begun making it safe for her. Aya was with Cirno at the end of PoFV, and she loves to spread gossip.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that she IS mortal without a shadow of a doubt. I'm merely saying that it's uncertain enough that she could be mortal.

...Again, she did died, there's no denying it, it happened, yet she came back. I really don't think it matters how she died.

In Fairy Wars? It's literally a game mechanics that she dies and come back every time you "die" in game.

I don't see any mention or indication of anything resembling 'death' in the game mechanics. Motivation is just that, the drive to keep fighting.

Also, using that as an indicator is absurd. We might as well say Marisa is immortal then, too.

Yeah but Motivation is a real reasons why Cirno has many lives unlike Marisa, who is just plain game mechanics.

Back