• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanae Kochiya vs. Hecatoncheires (DND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quibster

She/Her
227px-Th18Sanae.png
839aeba6fb05e3f1d5b949b9b8f6473c.jpg

Sanae Kochiya vs. Hecatoncheires (DND)
  • Both start 20 meters from one another
  • Speed is equalized
  • Battle starts within the Moriya Shrine's Inner Sanctum (Touhou Project)

Last edited:
Can Sanae even harm the Hecatoncheires? Since they have abstract existence type 1.
Yeah, she’s fought foes of similar existence.

Her attacks are able to harm and eventually defeat Junko in a duel— who is a self-embodied divine spirit with Type 1 Abstract Existence.

Last edited:
Yeah, she’s fought foes of similar existence.

Her attacks are able to harm and eventually defeat Junko in a duel— who is a self-embodied divine spirit with Type 1 Abstract Existence.
I see, well in that case I think Sanae should win since she has nearly undodgeable ranged attacks that can cover the whole screen. She outranges the Hecatoncheires since danmaku can travel as far as fireworks.

I see, well in that case I think Sanae should win since she has nearly undodgeable ranged attacks that can cover the whole screen. She outranges the Hecatoncheires since danmaku can travel as far as fireworks.
Hecatonchieres has defeated 2-C to 2-A pantheon gods before. I’m not entirely certain.

It’s more nebulous that the two can summon allies— with Hecatonchieres being able to summon another of itself.

AP is also up in the air which poses another problem. Sanae won’t be able to get off with AP one-shotting unless there’s a DND verse supporter who can give insight/ source material.

Last edited:
Hecatonchieres has defeated 2-C to 2-A pantheons before. I’m not entirely certain.

It’s more nebulous that the two can summon allies— with Hecatonchieres being able to summon another of itself.

AP is also up in the air which poses another problem. Sanae won’t be able to get off with AP one-shotting unless there’s a DND verse supporter who can give insight/ source material.
I am not sure where the Hecantonchieres scales but if I remember well, Sanae scales to hundreds of spacetimes or something like that.

If we allow Sanae to summon Suwako and Kanako then she should win since the primordial forms of Suwako and Kanako can warp reality. (Though I wonder if Suwako and Kanako can normally fight using those forms)

If we allow Sanae to summon Suwako and Kanako then she should win since the primordial forms of Suwako and Kanako can warp reality. (Though I wonder if Suwako and Kanako can normally fight using those forms)
Nah, it’s standard. Sanae draws her powers from both Suwako and Kanako— of which have only shown to be summoned in their non-primordial forms. If Sanae can’t down Hecatonchieres and is in eminent danger, Summoning is what she’ll resort to.

The forms you mentioned on their profiles are only ever shown to participate in the creation of Gensokyo— and are not be applicable in this instance. Kanako and Suwako— should they be summoned— would be their usual selves.

Last edited:
How many universes does he Hecatoncheires scale to? If it's any less than Sanae, then this is a pretty clear cut win for her since the Hecatoncheires just doesn't have any notable hax that can bypass vastly higher durability. She's a lot more willing to use her summoning, too, so it'll probably end up being a 3v1 with a massive AP gap, which I don't think even mid-low regen can handle.

How many universes does he Hecatoncheires scale to? If it's any less than Sanae, then this is a pretty clear cut win for her since the Hecatoncheires just doesn't have any notable hax that can bypass vastly higher durability. She's a lot more willing to use her summoning, too, so it'll probably end up being a 3v1 with a massive AP gap, which I don't think even mid-low regen can handle.
The most recent Handbook describes them as one of the strongest Abominations in the verse, in which they have existed long before it was formed. They are implied to scale above 2-A greater gods like Zeus, Hera, and even Titans like Cronos: "Each time they were released, an old pantheon fell. Few creatures can stand up to a Hecatoncheires in combat, not even the gods." [1]

For the Hecatonchieres' Range:
A noteable feat is that their boulder-hurling attacks "act as a Meteor Swarm." [2][3] It would effectively give them a range of 400 ft (3rd Edition) to 1 mile (5th Edition) with Boulder Hurling, something they did very often in the Titanomachy. I wanted to note this to get the range argument out of the way, should it be even slightly helpful for this fight.

As for Hecatonchieres' AP:
As far as canon goes, these things are able to take on Pantheons and Titans alone. They played a decisive role in the Titanomachy, a war in which pitted Olympian against Titan. The gist of it is, without the help of these Abominations, the Gods wouldn't have been able to win the war for the entire Cosmos. Olympian Gods themselves are already embodied concepts of the multiverse, of which is Infinite in amount and planes. Hecatonchieres are also heavily implied to scale above Olympian Gods in numerous iterations of their stat blocs across DND supplements, and were even confined to Tartarus because the Gods feared them so much. Since the profile of Hecatonchieres is derivative of 3rd Edition DND, this would effectively give them at least a 2-A (Who should be stronger than both Zeus and Cronos) Ballpark, based on the Cosmology for 3e, and derivative lore of Greek Mythology for DND. This would be, at a generous estimate, No higher than 1k Spacetimes at most.

Important Side Note:

As for Summoning, Hecatonchieres are implied to only summon another of itself, should it have no other option, yet is still loathed to do so anyways.

Last edited:
tfw a 3e book is "the most recent handbook"

I'm well aware of the 2-A scaling, but shouldn't they both be at 2-C for this?
Ehhh. Y'know I thought that too, but then Sanae is able to summon two stronger allies of which can do very funny things. Her wincon would have to include Suwako and Kanako unless Hax can turn the tide.

Edit: I'm now debating if I should include the Ultramarine Elixir Orb as an optional equipment for Sanae, given that Hecatonchieres is able to down Type 5 Immortals.

Last edited:
Ehhh. Y'know I thought that too, but then Sanae can just summon two allies of which can do very funny things.

Is there an absolute ballpark for Sanae's AP in particular?
D&D characters resist everything under the sun, so AP is the only determining factor here.

Sanae should upscale from a casual 50+ universes from Doremy.

I have not understand that if have won Hechantochires or the other character?
Hecaton's 2-C is only a handful of universes (three), so because OP was using the 2-C versions, Hecaton loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back