• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chryssalid (XCOM) Vs Drone (Alien)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
The fight between two nightmarish creatures, who will win, the Chryssalid or the Xenomorph?

Win by death, KO or Incapacitatio

XCOM 2 Chryssalid:7

Xenomorph:0

Inconclusive:1

XCOM 2 Chryssalid
Drone

I'd say Drone since his acidic spit makes for a solid ranged attack and his poisonous and acidic blood means biting eill burn his mouth, and possibly more parts of him. So I'm going with Drone High diff because that and he just has a better set pf natural abilities to work with.

However, the chrysallid has poisonious claws, so should he get a good gash in the Drone might die from poisonong after, so if "afterlifes" count this might be inconclusive as the drone could potentislly die from poisonious causes.

BruceTheBatman said:
I'd say Drone since his acidic spit makes for a solid ranged attack and his poisonous and acidic blood means biting eill burn his mouth, and possibly more parts of him.
In game units can take acidic damage without completely losing limbs, melting etc. In game, various d.o.t effects (Burning, acid, poison etc.) do wear off of units. This could be game-mechanics though.

Bump the 3rd

Bump the 4th

Bump the 5th

The Alien seems faster for one thing, so it has this advantage. What physical feats do the Chryssalid's have?

FanofRPGs said:
The Alien seems faster for one thing, so it has this advantage. What physical feats do the Chryssalid's have?
  • They can tank blows from rockets that can bring down a UFO
  • They can leap up buildings that are several storeys high with ease
  • There armour is 4x stronger than Carbon Nanotubes
  • Can lift up soldiers who wear the strongest power armour and infect them with their bite

Colonel Krukov said:
FanofRPGs said:
  • They can tank blows from rockets that can bring down a UFO
  • They can leap up buildings that are several storeys high with ease
  • There armour is 4x stronger than Carbon Nanotubes
  • Can lift up soldiers who wear the strongest power armour and infect them with their bite
They should stomp then, Shotguns could keep the Xenomorphs at bay. Which is obviously weaker than rockets and nanotubes. I am placing my money on the Chryssalids, they are too strong for the Xenomorph to counter with its speed.

Chyrsalid should win with ease

Even more ease When i figure out how to calculate them dodging bullets

and find out what speed i should use for magnetic slugs

Colonel Krukov said:
Dbfan and critic said:
Chyrsalid should win with ease
How?
The Xenomorph should not be able to fight it, they were kept at bay by 9-B Assault Rifles and Shotguns, whilst by the sounds of it Chryssalids should be 9-A

FanofRPGs said:
The Xenomorph should not be able to fight it, they were kept at bay by 9-B Assault Rifles and Shotguns, whilst by the sounds of it Chryssalids should be 9-A
Your vote is counted, Dbfan needs to make a logical argument as to why they would win (You need an explanation). Or you can just put "same as above" if you agree with someone else.

OK The crysalids win Because even their more primitive forms (Xcom 1) can take small building level rocket launchers and at minimum wall level (more than likely higher based off feats) Gunfire with reletive ease (it can take up to 2 rockets Or 3 Barrage's of focused gunfire to kill one) and they only got tougher in Xcom 2

the xenomorphs acid as pointed out before wouldn't do Jack against a crysalid Who Can quite litterally have an acid grenade blow up in their face and still be more or less ok

the only debatable advantage is Speed And that's only again until i can calculate the crysalid dodging gunfire (well more than likely i'd be calculating the viper or the advent stun lancer BUT their speed should scale to EVERYONE)

Bump *sigh*

Chryssalid is smarter, more versatile and is quite a bit more durable. I say they would win, mid to high difficulty.

FanofRPGs said:
Chryssalids win, I think it should be added to its victories
I can't until one of the options gets 7 votes

After doing some research and see how this goes. I give my vote for the Chrysallids due to reasons stated above and the fact that the said Chryssalids are immune to stun methods that will normally work for other alien units in XCOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back