• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chronicles of Large Building level Resident Evil

It mentioned that this could scale to a decnt number of characters. But to who is the question...

CrossverseCrisis said:
It mentioned that this could scale to a decnt number of characters. But to who is the question...

The first candidate is Leon who was kicked and punched by El Gigante.

EDIT: If you're bad at dodging. =)

The Everlasting said:
How?
According to the original calc'er, they do look like granite rocks.
They do look like ones but some of them do not perform like ones. Especialy the first one in the game.

The Everlasting said:
Also, El Gigante is a fodder, so this would scale to basically everyone, probably.
It's mini-boss like creature (you fight 4 at best).

And one more thing about El Gigante vs Rocks. Those rocks should be dropped from 15-20 meters height on solid rock. Usualy such action should weaken internal structure of the said rock. In some cases the rock just cracks.

The Everlasting said:
That does not make a difference at all.
It actualy make difference. If internal structure is compromised you need less force to fragment the object. In some cases the difference is extreme.

The Everlasting said:
Does it even look like it's cracked?
Do I have scanner to scan for internal damage and microdamage? If it was metal ball I wouldn't complain. But it is granite rock.

But if it's granite - the calculation is wrong and unmeasurable. Because granite is very suspectable to blunt damage unlike metal (which bend but do not really compomised). Of course, if the ground was soft enough... But we do not see the boulder to sink in it...

It actualy does. But we should look what kind of granite is common in that area to get some more solid info. Granites from different regions are different.

Putting calculation aside. El Gigante never hit anybody (aside several Ganados) out of game mechanics as far as I remember. So calc is useless for powerscaling.

The Everlasting said:
It's not granite and the calc'er didn't use granite values.
So what it was? Rocks are usualy granite rocks. At least for me.

How is hitting somebody gameplay mechanics?

Rock? It can just be an indeterminable type of stone.

The Everlasting said:
How is hitting somebody gameplay mechanics?
It never hit my Leon during games. So it's useless for Leon power-scaling => Useless to power-scaling in general for RE.

You can still get hit by it and survive.

Just because you can avoid getting hit doesn't disprove that.

The Everlasting said:
Becuase it is unsured hit outside of cinematics - it's vague. And... Large Building level Leon durability-wise (because you can survive 2-3 hits)... I prefer him Wall level. More realistic.

It's not vague. If the creators wanted to portray you as not being able to survive El Gigante's hits, it would have killed you in one hit. Everything happening in-game =/= gameplay mechanics. Gameplay mechanics are HP, levels, inventory space, etc. Not something like surviving hit from monsters.

Something being "more realistic" does not make it more accurate. I could say Building level Sora is "more realistic", but that doesn't disprove him being Large Planet level.

Yamatohime said:
The Everlasting said:
Becuase it is unsured hit outside of cinematics - it's vague. And... Large Building level Leon durability-wise (because you can survive 2-3 hits)... I prefer him Wall level. More realistic.
Ok so

Peak human and sub human Undertale

Superhuman Dragon ball z

Bearly Superhuman Disgaea

Peak Human Xenoblade

peak Human Saint Seiya

All these are more realistic

yet just because that there more realistic Doesn't make them accurate like everlasting said

H*** if we wanted realism NO Character could be faster than light unless they could break physic's

Yamatohime said:
By realistic - I meant his movie feats. He sure doesn't show large building level durability vs Tyrant Unknown.
So wait You want to use Movie feat's

when the MAIN CANNON IS HIS GAME FEAT'S

• insert stream of cursewords here*

Movies are the main canon too. So please...

And games has the... Game mechanics. I can run RE4 without getting hit by EG.

Again, it being more realistic means jack sh*t.

And I can run it while getting hit. Leon can evidently still take hits from El Gigante. What makes you think he can't aside from you being able to not get hit?

Because he was hit once by Tyrant in the second movie (between RE4 and RE6) and couldn't retaliate to grab. Movies are more easy to calculate since they DON'T HAVE game mechanics.

Getting hit by the enemies are not gameplay mechanics.

Even if you can avoid getting hit, you can still survive their hits.

And besides, that Tyrant could have just been Large Building level. You never know. Scaling is a thing after all.

Yamatohime said:
Movies are the main canon too. So please...
And games has the... Game mechanics. I can run RE4 without getting hit by EG.
Bull crap Show me proof Also Yes But you can also get hit by it and survive

Yamatohime said:
Because he was hit once by Tyrant in the second movie (between RE4 and RE6) and couldn't retaliate to grab. Movies are more easy to calculate since they DON'T HAVE game mechanics.
Just mean's tyrant scale's

The Everlasting said:
And besides, that Tyrant could have just been Large Building level. You never know. Scaling is a thing after all.
Large Building level attack can't level marble column 5 meters in diameter and smash BMP-2? Nice consistency.

Leon was punched. Marble column was punched. Concrete column (1-1,5 meter diameter) was kicked. BMP-2 could be punched. Where is AOE?

Back