• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Marco (One Piece fight)

I'm going to go with Katakuri.

He has better Regen, Observation Haki, and better Range with his ability to turn the environment into his weapon. Though Marco can last while in his Bird state, I think that's all he can really do before he loses.

We do not know enough about Marco, I think. Thought I do not know if you can even harm Marco without Kaeroseki, tbh.

Marco vs Kizaru
White Bread gets popcor

Kizaru could NOT even get past Marco to harm White Bread. I get that Katakuri is hype right now, but he's probably not quite at the level of a true admiral just yet like I believe Marco is. Victory goes to Marco Polo.
Edit: In fact, Marco should probably not be a low 6-B. He should be At least low 6-B likely higher based on this fight scene alone >>>

All Yonkou's commanders should be comparable or atleast strong enough to tag an Admiral.

In Katakuri's case, he overpowered Gear 3rd Luffy while not taking the fight seriously. The same Luffy that knocked back Fujitora (i'm 100% sure lifting dressrosa ruins wasnt a big deal since you know this ************ casually brought down meteorites from outer space)

Both are pretty much equal but i'll give it to Katakuri. If Marco has regen, Katakuri has future-sight. Marco's regend has limit while Katakuri's future sight is unlimited as long as he dont lose focus. I'm sure Marco would have a very hard time since he cannot dodge Katakuri's muso donuts which can be used from all directions and strong enough to injure Boundman Luffy

Luffy vs Fujitora was more of a sparing match than a real all out battle. As both sides were holding back and all. Fujitora could have ended it if he wanted to and Luffys crew knew it. Thats why they were saying hes not at the level yet. I see White Breads commander as above Big Moms sweet commanders mostly. Katakuri can beat all the White Bread commanders up to Marco (who is 2nd only to White Bread). Saying that Katakuri beats Marco is saying that Katakuri is just a league or two under White Bread, and I don't feel that is the case.

All we've seen from the Admirals so far, aside from Akainu vs White Bread, are casual fights. Aokiji, an ex-admiral, is so powerful not even Doffy would tango with him, but Doffy was surely confident enough to take several blows from Gear 4th Luffy before going down only with Luffy's King Kong Gun super move.

I believe G4 Snake Man and Katakuri are low admiral level while Marco, Kizaru, Aokiji, Fujitora, and Akainu are high admiral. Above that is Yonko, then way above that is Pirate King.

Saying that Katakuri can beat Marco (new leader of White Bread Pirates) is practically the same thing as saying Luffy can take Marco. Sure Luffy and Katakuri have separate abilities and fighting styles, but are they really at the level of an Admiral? I personally don't think so. Their Hakki needs more polish and Luffy needs to be awakened.

Pretty sure the level of Admiral often gets underestimated. Admirals have been casual for the most part of the series.

Aresduelist said:
All Yonkou's commanders should be comparable or atleast strong enough to tag an Admiral.
In Katakuri's case, he overpowered Gear 3rd Luffy while not taking the fight seriously. The same Luffy that knocked back Fujitora (i'm 100% sure lifting dressrosa ruins wasnt a big deal since you know this ************ casually brought down meteorites from outer space)

Both are pretty much equal but i'll give it to Katakuri. If Marco has regen, Katakuri has future-sight. Marco's regend has limit while Katakuri's future sight is unlimited as long as he dont lose focus. I'm sure Marco would have a very hard time since he cannot dodge Katakuri's muso donuts which can be used from all directions and strong enough to injure Boundman Luffy
Is this a vote for Katakuri

My vote goes to Katakuri. His future sight isn't something that Marco can get past with what we have seen. I don't see Marco being able to get an advantage on him.

Marco. Katakuri is the weakest FM going by pure Shonen logic as the first FM to be defeated. Marco is mentioned in the same breath such as Yonkous and fought Admirals.

Fighting Admirals > Losing to Luffy.

Marco.

Well, according to sources, BB and the rest of the WB pirates did have a fight that resulted in "a humiliating/crushing defeat".

And Marco fighting off-panel with Kizaru and knocking him and Aokiji back shouldn't come off as him being Admiral level considering neither opponent was scratched by him, and he relied heavily on his regenerative powers against Akainu and Kizaru, yet was still overwhelmed by them.

Haki will "work" against Marco, but he can activate the regenerative ability anyways. Only way for Katakuri to win this is if he lands a killing blow, or instantly KO's Marco with an attack.

I'm going with Inconclusive simply because Marco is basically featless and his only notable advantages are flight and Regenerationn. Katakuri has future-sight, body control, and his awakening would allow him to utilize the environment in many ways to his benefit.

I like how people voting Katakuri inmediatly imply that Luffy would beat Marco

"Marco. Katakuri is the weakest FM going by pure Shonen logic as the first FM to be defeated. Marco is mentioned in the same breath such as Yonkous and fought Admirals.

Fighting Admirals > Losing to Luffy."

Being able to barely hold off a serious Akainu =/= Fighting Akainu

And Akainu is barely > Aokiji

So yeah, I dont see Marco being admiral level.

Im going with inconclusive for Cin's reasons.

PaChi2 said:
"Marco. Katakuri is the weakest FM going by pure Shonen logic as the first FM to be defeated. Marco is mentioned in the same breath such as Yonkous and fought Admirals.

Fighting Admirals > Losing to Luffy."
Not to mention his only fight with a Yonko resulted in his humiliating defeat.

To be fair, post Gura BB is featless too and has commander level stuff under his ranks (not counting the original trio).

And the WB pirates lost their captain, 1 commander, and had a severely crippled Jozu.

They were very underpowered.

Marco has better feats in fighting the admirals....He fought akainu (who could go head to head with whitebeard,the world's strongest man.) He intercepted a light speed attack from Kizaru as well. Katakuri is practically the same level as Luffy. And while luffy has fought an admiral before......fujitora was clearly holding back and everyone knew it.

Doughnut dude wins by virtue of being more thoroughly written. Bird boy is somewhat limited in what he can bring to the table simply trying to regen from attacks till he's exhausted.

Back