• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charizard Durability Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
A- This should be in content revision

B- Be civil

C- We have rules for power scaling in Pokemon

I don't have a issue with the first point you have for base charizards Dura, but for Charizard "surviving" Mega Rayquaza, that's not a feat. it was defeated, the show never kills any pokemon, it's sort of like PIS.

Hence why Charizard isn't Planet Level due to the Mewtwo fight in Origins. Articuno is scaled off or Moltres, who he fought in the Anime, Charizard fought Articuno in the Anime. I'm sure I'm obeying the rules and that this Durability Buff is accurate.

Mewtwo is small island. Articuno is of the same trio and a legendary to boot, making the scaling more than reasonable. Charizard is neither, I would like proof that the depiction Charizard faced is at this level of power before agreeing with this upgrade.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Mewtwo is small island. Articuno is of the same trio and a legendary to boot, making the scaling more than reasonable. Charizard is neither, I would like proof that the depiction Charizard faced is at this level of power before agreeing with this upgrade.
I'd be thinking Charizard tanking all those hits would be more than enough proof but fine, allow me to go do some more research on Charizard fights and see if I can gather up more evidence that Charizard's durability his higher than Town Level.

Well if I'm not wrong, isn't the Pokedex entries assumed to apply on all the Pokémon media? (Anime, game etc.)

Well I'd weager that this is Pokémon Origin, which is pretty much Pokémon Red: The Game, so I think it would be safe to take the Pokémon's game stats from the game, wouldn't it? Beside that I don't see any way we could prove the birds being at their pokédex level (Since fictional characters rarely shows feats on their AP level anyway)

We are not powerscaling from gamestats no matter what. you would have a immeasurable Ninjask via powerscaling.

That's not what I meant.

The Pokémon Game have the feats (The pokédex entry) that makes Articuno High 7-A. Since there is like One Moltres in the game, seems like the Pokédex Entry applies to the Wild one in Kanto. Articuno scales to him via being part of the Trio.

Since Origin is based on the Game, seems likely that the Articuno in it IS the High 7-A Articuno.

"Based". I'd say it's very loosely related, while Origin follows much closely.

As I said, there isn't anyway to prove the power of the Birds like that, since they probably won't ever show such feats again.

The anime does not follow the games, which the charizard vs articuno came from, so that can't be used either.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
"Based". I'd say it's very loosely related, while Origin follows much closely.
Right, that was my mistake but why do you insist they will never show such feats again? It was the anime that established Arceus as Multi-Universal. It was the anime that confirmed Palkia and Dialga Universe Creation. It was the anime that established Hoopa at Multi-Continental (though I find this debatable).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well I think this thread refered to Charizard vs Mewtwo didn't it?
The scaling was there once but it was removed once the rules were implemented for the reasons that we have already covered in this thread. Edit: For his Mega Evolutions. As Aizen said, Base Charizard obviously cannot scale.

So Origins won't be used. But we can't say Charizard didn't perform that Large Mountain Level (Durability) feat in the Anime. I think that should be all the proof we need to buff his Durability.

We seem to have accepted it as well, which I find interesting as it clearly involves calc stacking which exacerbates values. Further, was this in the same story arc as when the feat occurs?

Honestly I think the biggest problem with scaling non-legendary pokemon is that they are an entire species and the power of individuals within a species can vary greatly. Not to say there aren't individuals who are complicated like Ash's Pikachu which can somehow draw against a Latios and then in the next season lose against a Snivy that was literally just given away a starter the very same day if not hour.

TheMightyRegulator said:
We seem to have accepted it as well, which I find interesting as it clearly involves calc stacking which exacerbates values. Further, was this in the same story arc as when the feat occurs?
Yep, The Charizard that fought Blaziken and Blastoise is the same one that fought Articuno.

Hold on here, since when did Blue's (Or Green's depending on whatever you wanna call him) in Pokemon Adventures fight Articuno? Theres also the fact that the blast itself didn't cause the explosion, Kyroge exploding on the other hand did.

Additionally, this does require calc stacking, which invalidates a calc if I remember correctly, espically considering none of the buildings were actually destroyed by the sheer impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back