• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This was an error on my part, as I hadn't been aware of this thread's existence (and it wasn't linked to for the edits themselves). In a vacuum of context, they appeared baseless.

Still, I want to speak on something in this thread.

Secondly, the last thread failed to account for the fact that apparently a kilogram in Pacific Rim is defined as the mass of 1 litre of osmium (or 22.5kg in our world). This is backed up by a statement from Guillermo Del Toro that 1 ton in Pacific Rim is equal to 30 tons (translation) in our world (thanks to @Neutralino for finding that). This would make the yield of the bomb 27-36 Megatons of TNT (City Level) and that’s without even accounting for the Breach’s radioactivity.
This seems extremely strange to claim, and is made further obfuscated by the weakness of the sources provided (an unlinked but rather screenshot of a Tweet, and a machine-translated quote allegedly attributed to Guillermo del Toro- the purpose of taking the quote from a Japanese or Chinese source is not obvious).

As such, if at all possible, I'd like more concrete sources for this if it is to go onto the page.

This was an error on my part, as I hadn't been aware of this thread's existence (and it wasn't linked to for the edits themselves). In a vacuum of context, they appeared baseless.

Still, I want to speak on something in this thread.

This seems extremely strange to claim, and is made further obfuscated by the weakness of the sources provided (an unlinked but rather screenshot of a Tweet, and a machine-translated quote allegedly attributed to Guillermo del Toro- the purpose of taking the quote from a Japanese or Chinese source is not obvious).

As such, if at all possible, I'd like more concrete sources for this if it is to go onto the page.
Yeah, I found out the tweet was fake (edited the OP to say not to use it) so i don’t think we should use that. The Guillermo thing is from this source apparently but I don’t own it and can’t speak Japanese so I can’t necessarily verify. I can say though that I had heard that argument before and I’m pretty sure that I saw an image of it in a Pacific rim Fandom post. Trying to find that now. The weight thing was always more to support the idea that the nuke is bigger than 1.2 megatons but the linked Calc shows that the damage the bimb did is well above even a 36 megaton bomb. What do you think of the rest of the proposals?

Last edited:
Broadly speaking I don't hold an issue with most of this (although I will admit I didn't look over the calcs myself, I will trust the CGMs who accepted it to be critical in their pursuit of accuracy). Just this specific claim seems very strange and I'd like it to be more concrete before being accepted in the profiles.

While I'm uncertain of the source material, too, I've sent that specific scan to Agnaa, one of our translation helpers, in the hope of verifying whether it does or doesn't say that.

Broadly speaking I don't hold an issue with most of this (although I will admit I didn't look over the calcs myself, I will trust the CGMs who accepted it to be critical in their pursuit of accuracy). Just this specific claim seems very strange and I'd like it to be more concrete before being accepted in the profiles.

While I'm uncertain of the source material, too, I've sent that specific scan to Agnaa, one of our translation helpers, in the hope of verifying whether it does or doesn't say that.
Maybe the edits could be “Low 7-B, possibly High 7-A” or just full on “High 7-A” for Slattern, Striker Eureka and Gipsy danger (swords, nuclear vortex and self destruction). At least for now? And the post-Uprising Kaiju and Jaegers get upgrade to 6-C?

Last edited:
Your calcs are by all means valid and this thread was accepted for them: I don't need to accept them for you to use them, I'm just arguing against using the weird machine translation until it's something more proven-in-fact, especially since there was a tweet apparently manipulated to push this idea.

Your calcs are by all means valid and this thread was accepted for them: I don't need to accept them for you to use them, I'm just arguing against using the weird machine translation until it's something more proven-in-fact, especially since there was a tweet apparently manipulated to push this idea.
Ok, I’ll make the edits properly this time then. Thank you for the help

Leaving this thread open for now as I wait for the translation for the Guillermo del Toro thing.

Back