• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters that are available & can be used for VS Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it pointless to use a Tier 1 of any caliber in a Vs. Battle? And given the abundence of badly-made Tier 1's on this Wikia, it'd be difficult to find a goo opponent for him anyway.

ExoSaiyan9000 said:
Isn't it pointless to use a Tier 1 of any caliber in a Vs. Battle? And given the abundence of badly-made Tier 1's on this Wikia, it'd be difficult to find a goo opponent for him anyway.
With the little amount of Tier 1 characters, yes. Some people just rush to Tier 1 and 0 to make their character as OP as possible, although the tiers are unstable.

And also, there is no point in creating a Tier 0 character, unless you have a purpose for them. E.g. your little series you're making.

I think you have a good point on that, Swaggy. Especially since from what i've been told by one of my admins here, most if not possibly ALL of the Tier 1's here are more or less in bad quality (in the sense that, for instance, some don't have "proper justifications" for their Tier 1 stats). But that's something we'll be covereing on another day later on.....

To be fair, the overall quality of Tier 1 characters on the site has been improving slightly. And there are at least a few good examples of Tier 1 characters.

Well that is the thing to note, Exo. It's true that not all of them are bad and are of actual quality (in terms of say, reasonings and justifications having been put on the page and all).

However, i believe that my admin here (who is Promestei, btw) noted to me that the tier 1's (at least most of them) are still pretty bad. I mean if you want confirmation on that, you can go ask her. She knows the tiering system pretty well that she can tell you if something is bad or not (such as with the case of Tier 1's and 0's, especially).

Although I won't pretend to know the tiering system as well as her or yourself, I do think that I know it well enough to more-or-less do the same.

I'll agree that a great deal of the Tier 1's on this site are of bad (sometimes terrible) quality, but you can't deny the effort that goes into A FEW of these pages.

I can count the number of good Tier 1's on this site across two hands, but I think that soon they'll be more Tier 1's of decent quality . I hope that there will be. As of recent, I've been adding a lot more detail into my Tier 1 pages and I hope that others will do the same.

Mmm, fair enough.

Well that is tru as well. But it's just that we both (Prom and me) know that some of the pages are just really, really bad in quality.

Same, Exo.

This went a bit of topic...

If you want to continue this Tier 1 discussion we should probably make another thread. I would like to help in fixing the Tier 1 pages on the site if you don't mind.

I was just about to say the same thing, yes.

Promestein and me are planning on making a thread to address that at some point tho. This being the last thing i'll say on this matter, yes. *Nods*

Exo (Concept) has to be of good quality, because I put a lot of effort into him, and I don't see how I need any more justification on his part. I put in explanations and everything on his profile. I mean, Prom is naturally talented and puts in a huge amount of detail, but I just don't see why every other Tier 1 page has to be that good. With the limited amount of sleep I've been getting, and the other things I've been working on, I might take up to 5 months of straight work to completely finish my profiles. I'm just hoping you guys understand my position, that's all.

~ExerciseDancefloors~

Exercise, it doesn't have to be AS GOOD as those like Promestein's. It's just that everyone needs to say why they are Tier 1 and everything. That's it.

Plus, saying that your character is good just because you put in a lot of effort can be wrong. You could pour your heart and soul into a page and it could still turn out bad because you don't know what your doing or what your talking about. I'm not trying to be offensive, but it's point that has to be made.

Also Exercise, and not to sound offensive or anything, but your seriously starting to act as if YOUR the only victim here in the matter of Tier 1's when clearly, Promestein has pointed out that MOST of them are bad. Meaning she meant that not just you but some others hav also made some pages taht aren't up there in terms of good quality.

Like....your not the only one here. There's several other people in this community that have this potential problem as well. That and your way of thinking is starting to look too negative for me to have on this site so i appreciate if you can rethink the matter here, please...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Also Exercise, and not to sound offensive or anything, but your seriously starting to act as if YOUR the only victim here in the matter of Tier 1's when clearly, Promestein has pointed out that MOST of them are bad. Meaning she meant that not just you but some others hav also made some pages taht aren't up there in terms of good quality.
Like....your not the only one here. There's several other people in this community that have this potential problem as well. That and your way of thinking is starting to look too negative for me to have on this site so i appreciate if you can rethink the matter here, please...
I apologize, I'll explain myself in a message.

The only one usable from me as of right now is Xanix Hikari. Although I'm thinking about creating one for Xylia.

SwaggyMgee said:
Do I need to post permission to use my pages every time I make another one?
No? That would be kind of annoying for anyone to keep doing that. The best way for this is if you made a bunch of characters (or like a certain amount that are more or less completed) and then just say if they are complete or not.

My 2 pages I've made are complete. However it's not letting me post anything because I'm on mobile because the editor apparently 'doesn't support my device'. So ExoSaiyan has uploaded all my pages by logging into my account (we know each other in real life) so it's really awkward to post and create pages.

SwaggyMgee said:
My 2 pages I've made are complete. However it's not letting me post anything because I'm on mobile because the editor apparently 'doesn't support my device'. So ExoSaiyan has uploaded all my pages by logging into my account (we know each other in real life) so it's really awkward to post and create pages.
Yeah, i've seen them. Oh sorry to hear that happen. Really now? Oooooo. Well wikia has deemed that act as being a bad thing (on the "letting people use your account" thing) due to potential problems they could cause to one's account. But you seem pretty cool and if you and Exo know each other and trust each other well enough to use the other's account only to mainly do this, i have no objections on that part.

SwaggyMgee said:
Can't you just use the classic editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back