• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changing the name of our wiki's Weapons category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I already voiced that there are indeed a lot of things that qualify as both, but I think they should be two separate categories, since some things are equipment and not really weapons such as armor and shields. Where as again, a remote controlled/summoned nuclear missile summoned from a nuke silo is a weapon and not equipment.

I don't really like the term equipment, I'd rather use Items, as it covers a more general idea of an object without calling with a word that designates something that stands in possession of someone, as we can have pages for items that are neither proper weapons nor equipment, just "things" with special properties.

I don't really like the term equipment, I'd rather use Items, as it covers a more general idea of an object without calling with a word that designates something that stands in possession of someone, as we can have pages for items that are neither proper weapons nor equipment, just "things" with special properties.
I personally don't mind if we rename our "Weapons" category to "Items" instead.

@DontTalkDT @AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @KLOL506 @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @GyroNutz

What do you think?

Thank you for the evaluations. 🙏🙂

It seems best to wait for further input before we apply this change though.

I agree with SamanPatou's point.

I'm personally fine with any change as long as it's more inclusive, similar to the Characters category.

I absolutely support changing the category from Weapons to Items, I’ve wanted something like that for a while.

I mean I can create one staff thread for this matter but is it really worth for one category addition/removal? Ambivalent.
Considering the fact that it still seems to be contested, it is absolutely necessary to settle this in a proper thread. Staff threads get made on a need-basis, there's no general ones. They all deal with specific issues.
Your input would also be appreciated here.
I'm personally neutral on the matter.

Considering the fact that it still seems to be contested, it is absolutely necessary to settle this in a proper thread. Staff threads get made on a need-basis, there's no general ones. They all deal with specific issues.
Alright, I will create one then

Thank you for the input everybody. However, I will need to handle this change with my Bot account, and I am visiting my family, so I do not have my password available at the moment.

Neutral on Items, leaning towards Agree.

I dunno, seems to not have the same punch as Weapons or Equipment, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with it either and this is just my personal feelings on the matter.

Well, the problem is that I am not logged in to my Bot account for mass-editing right now, and if I handle it with my regular account, it will spam our recent changes page with 2,000+ edits, so this task unfortunately has to wait for a while.

I don't have a very strong opinion on this topic, but there's nothing wrong with improving clarity. Given that "Items" seemingly better encapsulates what people would find in that category than "Weapons", I'd say this is a good change.

Thank you for the input everybody. 🙏🙂

I will apply the change with my Bot account now.

I have now changed our Weapons category to Items instead:

However, right afterwards I discovered the following over-category called Inanimate Objects:

Should I merge/replace our Items category with Inanimate Objects instead? Because currently their functions overlap.

@DarkGrath @Crabwhale @Starter_Pack @LordGriffin1000 @Elizhaa @Dereck03 @Psychomaster35 @LordTracer @FinePoint @DontTalkDT @Jasonsith @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkDragonMedeus @Sir_Ovens @Celestial_Pegasus @KLOL506 @SamanPatou @AKM sama @Mr._Bambu

Inanimate refers to possessing life. A robot, by default, is not alive. Nor is a vehicle.

Inanimate refers to possessing life. A robot, by default, is not alive. Nor is a vehicle.
I thInk that you meant "not possessing life".

I'm indifferent to it.
Well the two categories currently overlap, so I think that we need to merge one of them into the other.

So which of the two categories should we keep and which one should we merge into the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back