• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I think it's implied that Pochita was the one to originally take down the 100% gun devil, since it's said the nations found it's corpse and cut it up into the percents we see
...No it's not implied.
The Gun Devil appeared 13 years ago (In Part 1), while Denji was roughly 16 (in Part 1). If the Gun Devil was beaten around the same time the fight with the Four Horsemen happened, Pochita would've appeared to Denji wounded when he was 3 or 4, and he was definitely older than that when they first met.

Darkness Devil trying to understand what the heck Sukuna is doing (he can't see CT)
0119-007.png
He saw the Stone Devil which was invisible, won't be able to see Cleave & Dismantle since they're layered but still

I do wonder how this myth spread so widely.

Unrelated, but I think that even though it differ's from the official & more popular translations, we should index Makima as the "Conquest Devil" and the Aging Devil as "Old Age Devil". I don't think my opinion is that popular but I do feel it's more accurate.
Because they don't go into much detail what happened in the past. We know the Gun Devil got taken down years ago and Pochita was said to have fought the Horsemen and the weapon devils so people assumed it was the same fight plus Pochita had holes in him when he was found by Denji which people thought were bullet holes

So how come Awakened Pochita upscales above the 100% Gun Devil? Is it just assumed he's as strong as he was when he fought the Horsemen before he got turned into a marketable plushy for most of a decade?

How come Awakened Pochita upscales from the 100% Gun Devil Calc rather than just the 20% Gun Devil Calc? Is it from him having previously fought Death?
Awakened Pochita is the devil that all devils fear the most, placing him on a level just below Primordial Devils. Which easily places him above 100% of the Gun Devil. Current Pochita is leagues stronger than his Awakened counterpart though.

So how come Awakened Pochita upscales above the 100% Gun Devil? Is it just assumed he's as strong as he was when he fought the Horsemen before he got turned into a marketable plushy for most of a decade?
Idk :3 Maybe something to do with Prime War Devil or feeling like he's scarier than the Gun.

I'd be fine with 7-C | 8-B+ | 7-C+/H7-C (Part 1| Weakened | Part 2) personally, but I'm no expert on Pochita's scaling specifically.

Idk :3 Maybe something to do with Prime War Devil or feeling like he's scarier than the Gun.

I'd be fine with 7-C | 8-B+ | 7-C+/H7-C (Part 1| Weakened | Part 2) personally, but I'm no expert on Pochita's scaling specifically.
8-B+ makes Pochita weaker than the 20% Gun Devil, who is 8-A+. This includes the fact that Makima claimed a fight against Pochita to be unwinnable, despite her previous victory against the 20% Gun Devil. That's only the AP floor for his scaling, but as the devil feared most by all other devils, his fear scaling boosts his statistics. The Horsemen scaling and his ability to harm Yoru further allow him to upscale from the Gun Devil feat, but the upscale is not as great as the Primordial Upscale.

Edit: Nvm the first half of the arg, I read the key you wrote wrong

Back