• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I think it's implied that Pochita was the one to originally take down the 100% gun devil, since it's said the nations found it's corpse and cut it up into the percents we see
...No it's not implied.
The Gun Devil appeared 13 years ago (In Part 1), while Denji was roughly 16 (in Part 1). If the Gun Devil was beaten around the same time the fight with the Four Horsemen happened, Pochita would've appeared to Denji wounded when he was 3 or 4, and he was definitely older than that when they first met.

Darkness Devil trying to understand what the heck Sukuna is doing (he can't see CT)
0119-007.png
He saw the Stone Devil which was invisible, won't be able to see Cleave & Dismantle since they're layered but still

I do wonder how this myth spread so widely.

Unrelated, but I think that even though it differ's from the official & more popular translations, we should index Makima as the "Conquest Devil" and the Aging Devil as "Old Age Devil". I don't think my opinion is that popular but I do feel it's more accurate.
Because they don't go into much detail what happened in the past. We know the Gun Devil got taken down years ago and Pochita was said to have fought the Horsemen and the weapon devils so people assumed it was the same fight plus Pochita had holes in him when he was found by Denji which people thought were bullet holes

So how come Awakened Pochita upscales above the 100% Gun Devil? Is it just assumed he's as strong as he was when he fought the Horsemen before he got turned into a marketable plushy for most of a decade?

How come Awakened Pochita upscales from the 100% Gun Devil Calc rather than just the 20% Gun Devil Calc? Is it from him having previously fought Death?
Awakened Pochita is the devil that all devils fear the most, placing him on a level just below Primordial Devils. Which easily places him above 100% of the Gun Devil. Current Pochita is leagues stronger than his Awakened counterpart though.

So how come Awakened Pochita upscales above the 100% Gun Devil? Is it just assumed he's as strong as he was when he fought the Horsemen before he got turned into a marketable plushy for most of a decade?
Idk :3 Maybe something to do with Prime War Devil or feeling like he's scarier than the Gun.

I'd be fine with 7-C | 8-B+ | 7-C+/H7-C (Part 1| Weakened | Part 2) personally, but I'm no expert on Pochita's scaling specifically.

Idk :3 Maybe something to do with Prime War Devil or feeling like he's scarier than the Gun.

I'd be fine with 7-C | 8-B+ | 7-C+/H7-C (Part 1| Weakened | Part 2) personally, but I'm no expert on Pochita's scaling specifically.
8-B+ makes Pochita weaker than the 20% Gun Devil, who is 8-A+. This includes the fact that Makima claimed a fight against Pochita to be unwinnable, despite her previous victory against the 20% Gun Devil. That's only the AP floor for his scaling, but as the devil feared most by all other devils, his fear scaling boosts his statistics. The Horsemen scaling and his ability to harm Yoru further allow him to upscale from the Gun Devil feat, but the upscale is not as great as the Primordial Upscale.

Edit: Nvm the first half of the arg, I read the key you wrote wrong

Disclaimer: like all forms of media analysis, whether it be theorizing, shipping, or pretentious two hour long video essays, this is subjective, but with that said:
Awakened Pochita is the devil that all devils fear the most, placing him on a level just below Primordial Devils. Which easily places him above 100% of the Gun Devil. Current Pochita is leagues stronger than his Awakened counterpart though.
The Gun Devil was the devil every devil hunter wanted to kill, and prompted worldwide crack-downs on gun control even in The United Goddamn States. Which is completely unrealistic might I add. Obviously we can't get out a fear-o-meter and place the Devil Population on one end and Human Population on the other, but considering how much of a boogie-man the Gun Devil was made out to be for the general public in part one, Pochita's title isn't by itself a strong enough argument for him to upscale from 100% Gun.

On top of that, I don't like how it says Makima beat the 20% Gun Devil with "minimal preparation," when there was a whole preamble about how Public Safety going to war with the Gun Devil, and then her summoning a multi-contract amalgamation teleported on top of Gun w/ Spider's ability, pre-cog timed w/ Future, stored inside of Snake and spat out via Sawatari's contract, armed with a buttload of weapons from Angel, and spearheaded by whatever the heck the Punishment Devil is via Kurose & Tendo's contract. "Minimal preparation" my left foot.

By contrast, when she fights Pochita, she just jumps him with the Seven Deadly Simps. He loses blood to her Fingergun move and gets impaled by freaking Spear somehow, and if that can draw blood from someone who is way stronger than the complete Gun Devil, then why didn't she just Fingergun the 20% Gun Devil instead of bothering with the mega-contract set up? Obviously Aki still needed to be there so that he became the Gun Fiend so she could break Denji, but none of the others needed to be there. Makima also chooses to physically brawl him again near the end, although that can be explained as her being really ticked off that she's fighting "Denji" instead of Pochita.

Obviously Pochita is stronger than the 20% Gun Devil considering Makima opts to depower him instead of using another multi-contract amalgamation, but I don't like the "minimal preparation" argument. Also I just don't like how Awakened Pochita and Current Pochita are in the same tier, with current Pochita just having a lot of <<< attached. And I really really don't like how Spear's spears upscale above 100% Gun.

The Gun Devil was the devil every devil hunter wanted to kill, and prompted worldwide crack-downs on gun control even in The United Goddamn States. Which is completely unrealistic might I add. Obviously we can't get out a fear-o-meter and place the Devil Population on one end and Human Population on the other, but considering how much of a boogie-man the Gun Devil was made out to be for the general public in part one, Pochita's title isn't by itself a strong enough argument for him to upscale from 100% Gun.
The Gun Devil was only ever feared at this level because other horrors, which Pochita had erased, such as nuclear weapons, an in-universe volcanic eruption, and a starlight that would break children's minds, along with pieces of the War Devil, were gone. This was so extreme that there hasn't been a single war since World War II, and war became a concept limited to movies and video games. The fact that the Nuclear Weapons Devil, along with a devil representing volcanic eruptions and even a certain starlight, had been erased, and people no longer feared different conclusions other than death, played a huge role in this shift.

In reality, with most of these terrible concepts gone, including WWII and Nazis, the world was already at a state of relative peace, with fewer things left to fear compared to what was once feared in the real world. Guns remained unaffected by this, so when something catastrophic like the Gun Devil's appearance occurred, it triggered a massive response. Had the devils Pochita erased still existed, the repercussions of the Gun Devil's appearance wouldn't have been as grand. This means that the argument of Pochita being the devil all devils fear the most is valid enough to hold a higher place than even the 100% Gun Devil.
On top of that, I don't like how it says Makima beat the 20% Gun Devil with "minimal preparation," when there was a whole preamble about how Public Safety going to war with the Gun Devil, and then her summoning a multi-contract amalgamation teleported on top of Gun w/ Spider's ability, pre-cog timed w/ Future, stored inside of Snake and spat out via Sawatari's contract, armed with a buttload of weapons from Angel, and spearheaded by whatever the heck the Punishment Devil is via Kurose & Tendo's contract. "Minimal preparation" my left foot.
All of the battles Makima fought were ones she carefully prepared for, which is why the gradual weakening of Pochita over time was successful. With an extended amount of preparation, she even rendered Pochita unbeatable and had to resort to completely stripping his power away to even stand a chance. You could even argue that Makima's timing and preparation to weaken Pochita was more meticulous than in her fight with the Gun Devil. In fact, this was something the Future Devil had foreseen. Every action, apart from her eventual defeat, was orchestrated by her. Pochita's summoning, his depowering, and his eventual downfall. Need I say more?
By contrast, when she fights Pochita, she just jumps him with the Seven Deadly Simps. He loses blood to her Fingergun move and gets impaled by freaking Spear somehow, and if that can draw blood from someone who is way stronger than the complete Gun Devil, then why didn't she just Fingergun the 20% Gun Devil instead of bothering with the mega-contract set up? Obviously Aki still needed to be there so that he became the Gun Fiend so she could break Denji, but none of the others needed to be there. Makima also chooses to physically brawl him again near the end, although that can be explained as her being really ticked off that she's fighting "Denji" instead of Pochita.
The spear impaling Pochita isn't as much of an anti-feat as you make it seem, considering he's the only hybrid who can even harm Pochita, which means the weapons scale higher than his physical stats. Using the finger gun against the 20% Gun Devil is also a poor comparison, given the circumstances of the fight. It took place at a great distance, and we know the Gun Devil can regenerate over time. Plus, her goal wasn’t to kill him, but to get him as close to death as possible and force him into Aki’s body if he wanted to survive, so she could continue with her plan.

As for why she chose the Weapon Devils to fight instead of using her overpowered devil kit, it’s because of the elaborate depowerment plan she had in place for that specific moment. Notice how she even holds Pochita in higher regard than the Gun Devil?
Obviously Pochita is stronger than the 20% Gun Devil considering Makima opts to depower him instead of using another multi-contract amalgamation, but I don't like the "minimal preparation" argument. Also I just don't like how Awakened Pochita and Current Pochita are in the same tier, with current Pochita just having a lot of <<< attached. And I really really don't like how Spear's spears upscale above 100% Gun.
Current Pochita will get his own key at the end of Part 2. And Spear scaling above the gun doesn't necessarily have any qualms in my eyes.

The Gun Devil was only ever feared at this level because other horrors, which Pochita had erased, such as nuclear weapons, an in-universe volcanic eruption, and a starlight that would break children's minds, along with pieces of the War Devil, were gone. This was so extreme that there hasn't been a single war since World War II, and war became a concept limited to movies and video games. The fact that the Nuclear Weapons Devil, along with a devil representing volcanic eruptions and even a certain starlight, had been erased, and people no longer feared different conclusions other than death, played a huge role in this shift.

In reality, with most of these terrible concepts gone, including WWII and Nazis, the world was already at a state of relative peace, with fewer things left to fear compared to what was once feared in the real world. Guns remained unaffected by this, so when something catastrophic like the Gun Devil's appearance occurred, it triggered a massive response. Had the devils Pochita erased still existed, the repercussions of the Gun Devil's appearance wouldn't have been as grand. This means that the argument of Pochita being the devil all devils fear the most is valid enough to hold a higher place than even the 100% Gun Devil.

All of the battles Makima fought were ones she carefully prepared for, which is why the gradual weakening of Pochita over time was successful. With an extended amount of preparation, she even rendered Pochita unbeatable and had to resort to completely stripping his power away to even stand a chance. You could even argue that Makima's timing and preparation to weaken Pochita was more meticulous than in her fight with the Gun Devil. In fact, this was something the Future Devil had foreseen. Every action, apart from her eventual defeat, was orchestrated by her. Pochita's summoning, his depowering, and his eventual downfall. Need I say more?

The spear impaling Pochita isn't as much of an anti-feat as you make it seem, considering he's the only hybrid who can even harm Pochita, which means the weapons scale higher than his physical stats. Using the finger gun against the 20% Gun Devil is also a poor comparison, given the circumstances of the fight. It took place at a great distance, and we know the Gun Devil can regenerate over time. Plus, her goal wasn’t to kill him, but to get him as close to death as possible and force him into Aki’s body if he wanted to survive, so she could continue with her plan.

As for why she chose the Weapon Devils to fight instead of using her overpowered devil kit, it’s because of the elaborate depowerment plan she had in place for that specific moment. Notice how she even holds Pochita in higher regard than the Gun Devil?

Current Pochita will get his own key at the end of Part 2. And Spear scaling above the gun doesn't necessarily have any qualms in my eyes.
Um ackchually Makima specifies that the World War II Devil was erased too so Yoru's referring to World War 1 🤓

Anybody else think the 20% Gun Devil should have High Hypersonic+ travel speed like the rest of the high tier due to how feared he is ? Not saying to use that value in any KE calc, just for scaling sake

Anybody else think the 20% Gun Devil should have High Hypersonic+ travel speed like the rest of the high tier due to how feared he is ? Not saying to use that value in any KE calc, just for scaling sake
Makes sense enough. And if it's not being used for KE calcs (the bane of the verse) then it shouldn't be so bad to implement

used to 290kg/m3 sandstone/granite dust mix now we're ofc looking at more tame results than before although the previous stuff wasn't bad either
If the method with the better results weren't bad either, you should probably leave both methods on the calc, since there's a chance that the higher result could be more accurate.

I mean, considering how it's over 1000x heavier than the high tiers, not really.
What about this feat?
That's the 100% Gun Devil
I thought the dawg was living in Denji
Quanxi's also got that dawg in her called "Bowchita," obviously.

Last edited:
I hope the first thing that happens next chapter is 1 page of Yoru beating Pochita as he vomits up devils, then Kiga shows up turns Pochita into a pawn. Then Yoru (mad) says she wants to keep fighting but Kiga just ignores her and warps away. Yoru and Asa then argue. Chapter ends with Yoshida's corpse being identified by Fumiko.

I hope the first thing that happens next chapter is 1 page of Yoru beating Pochita as he vomits up devils, then Kiga shows up turns Pochita into a pawn. Then Yoru (mad) says she wants to keep fighting but Kiga just ignores her and warps away. Yoru and Asa then argue. Chapter ends with Yoshida's corpse being identified by Fumiko.
Since everyone has mouths again, why would Fumiko bother with that when she's all the way over yonder with the rest of the Japanese Government, who now don't have anything stopping them from executing Order [Kill 10,000 Orphans]?

Since everyone has mouths again, why would Fumiko bother with that when she's all the way over yonder with the rest of the Japanese Government, who now don't have anything stopping them from executing Order [Kill 10,000 Orphans]?
I see you are not familiar with Fumiklone Theory....

Back