• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I think there're a lot of things to consider about whether this speed feat is valid and what the calculations will show. The distance from Mount Elbrus to Tokyo is 4,907 miles in a straight direction. Gulf of Mexico distance is a bit trickier since it doesn't specify where along the Gulf of Mexico or what direction the Tank Devil traveled. We don't know how long it took to travel, but it probably wasn't more than a few seconds. But more importantly, do the characters scale to this? We don't know if Yoru specifically reacted to the Tank and Gun Devil traveling to her; the most you could argue is that this is her attack/summoning speed. This seems really messy. I just hope this doesn't end up with CSM top tiers becoming FTL.

I think there're a lot of things to consider about whether this speed feat is valid and what the calculations will show. The distance from Mount Elbrus to Tokyo is 4,907 miles in a straight direction. Gulf of Mexico distance is a bit trickier since it doesn't specify where along the Gulf of Mexico or what direction the Tank Devil traveled. We don't know how long it took to travel, but it probably wasn't more than a few seconds. But more importantly, do the characters scale to this? We don't know if Yoru specifically reacted to the Tank and Gun Devil traveling to her; the most you could argue is that this is her attack/summoning speed. This seems really messy. I just hope this doesn't end up with CSM top tiers becoming FTL.
Yeah I don’t think many would allow it nor would we knowing the context. At most its summoning speed I’d say.

Would Gauntlet Yoru have her own key?

(Also, a friend calced the explosion thingy) it's like 22 Kilotons which is consistency again.
Nah, it's more like equipment since she can probably only summon them after her amp. If she couldn't make stuff weapons from a distance like at the start, then I doubt she could do what she just did.

If 22.5918 kilotons was from the USSR's 28% of the Gun Devil, then would 100% scale to 80.685 kilotons? (Specifically 100% Gun, after everyone's fear of the Gun Devil tanked after Denji "beat" it in Part 1)

If so, then Pre-Weakening Gun being 7-B isn't that far fetched...

Last edited:
We have that accepted as Bio manip. But the centipede one is acceptable because they are gross insects that everyone hates.
Then Cockroach should've been 7-C too, and while Cockroach was tough, he wasn't Gun-Devil level. Also, how was that Bio Manip?

Chainsaw Man's regenerators are just spongey from the looks of it.

Then Cockroach should've been 7-C too, and while Cockroach was tough, he wasn't Gun-Devil level. Also, how was that Bio Manip?

Chainsaw Man's regenerators are just spongey from the looks of it.
You can argue they only got to draw blood because they attacked his intestine appendage. Also, for the bio manip
Biological Manipulation (With a simple stare, Makima has shown to be able to cause massive amounts of bleeding from a person's eyes, nose, and mouth. While the exact method used by her isn't explicit, it's likely that she used some sort of biological attack to cause internal hemorrhaging within that man's brain with her stare.[34] Uses a similar attack against the Darkness Devil later on.[17])
I don't necessarily think Pochita himself is spongey in durability, but piercing attacks probably are more effective against him.

The fall did nothing, Quanxi just broke her legs on purpose because she needed an excuse to bite Fumiko's midriff
You can argue they only got to draw blood because they attacked his intestine appendage. Also, for the bio manip
Makima's point looks more like the [Bang] attack to me, but fair enough. Shame a sudden explanation on Devil's abilities would've ruined the tone of the scene.

Friend also calced Yoru's summoning speed, should scale to a completely new key though since current Yoru is way stronger
Mmm, I disagree with a new key right now. As he wails on Pochita she'll probably free her comrades and get strong enough for a new key, but currently I'd just say:

9-A, Varies with weapons | 8-B, Varies with weapons, up to [Primal level] with Gauntlets

Back