• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

If even Gun Devil KE wasn't accepted I doubt that this one is gonna pass. The dust don't cause any kind of damage in the environment close to tier 6
Dust doesn't need to cause damage its the act of launching that sheer amount of dust to begin with in a large cloud, its almost no different from a cloud calc

How is using explosions wrong?
Cause its not an explosions its tearing through the mountain and pulverized the metal doors and such, not via explosion manip

it's not even been calced lol, do we even know if it's gonna be tier 6?
What speed would you even use for that dust KE?
I'm guessing Tier 6 was gotten by-
  • Distance Dust traveled: At least 500 meters
  • Timeframe: Going by distance from Pochita to Yoru's face and Supersonic Speed from the calc, ~0.0004 seconds
  • Speed: 1.25 million m/s
At that speed, even only 1 ton of dust would result in Large Town level KE, and that's a lot more than 1 ton even if Cloud density was for the dust cone.

I'm guessing Tier 6 was gotten by-
  • Distance Dust traveled: At least 500 meters
  • Timeframe: Going by distance from Pochita to Yoru's face and Supersonic Speed from the calc, ~0.0004 seconds
  • Speed: 1.25 million m/s
At that speed, even only 1 ton of dust would result in Large Town level KE, and that's a lot more than 1 ton even if Cloud density was for the dust cone.
but apparently the speed got to ftl, which I don't need to explain why KE can't work in this case

Dust doesn't need to cause damage its the act of launching that sheer amount of dust to begin with in a large cloud, its almost no different from a cloud calc
How dust, which is way more dense than clouds, next to a mountain, probabily moving at relativistic speed, with enough energy to reach tier 6, wouldn't affect the mountain when something like sandstorms can cause the destruction of structures?

So it’s not an explosion even though it has a boom onomatopoeia? (Not to say it looks like one)

Cause its not an explosions its tearing through the mountain and pulverized the metal doors and such, not via explosion manip

but apparently the speed got to ftl, which I don't need to explain why KE can't work in this case
The summoning speed is FTL, because the gauntlets traveled over 1,000x the distance the dust did in the timeframe. The dust is not FTL, hence is still calcable, although it's way higher than the actual destruction demonstrates, so it's not good anyway.

I'm assuming that its at least close to the 6
Just eyeballing it (cone with a radius of 500 meters, height of 1 kilometer, plus density of clouds and speed mentioned earlier), comes out to ~100 Gigatons, which is BS might I add.

It's a big-ish explosion erupting from a mountain, Town level made sense, Large Island level is nonsense.

Wouldn't finding the volume and violent fragmentation be used then?
If we had a way to we would but rn using 99% hollowness for the majority air content for the KE is best here since we have no real way of depth measurment for how much mountain it actually went through

Besides this kinda calc typically uses only 1% of the total volume for KE since its majority air so it ain't like its gonna be uber wanked

Ya also aren't using the full height of it anyways for KE since the center of Gravity of that shape would be be only about 1/3 to 2/3 of its height so you don't even use all of its height for KE as well

Just eyeballing it (cone with a radius of 500 meters, height of 1 kilometer, plus density of clouds and speed mentioned earlier), comes out to ~100 Gigatons, which is BS might I add.

It's a big-ish explosion erupting from a mountain, Town level made sense, Large Island level is nonsense.
Ya just did the math completely wrong but sure

If we had a way to we would but rn using 99% hollowness for the majority air content for the KE is best here since we have no real way of depth measurment for how much mountain it actually went through

Besides this kinda calc typically used only 1% of the total volume for KE since its majority air so it ain't like its gonna be uber wanked
1% of air is solid for dust isn't wank my ass- dust storms obscure visibility in the hundreds of parts per million, get outta here with that.

1% of air is solid for dust isn't wank my ass- dust storms obscure visibility in the hundreds of parts per million, get outta here with that.
I'm aware its less but the same thing still applies ya can still account for that rather than doing an explosion that isn't actually a explosion. I'm at work so I can't word everything the best here atm but you clearly know what I meant anyways
Couldn't you just find the volume of the cone to find out how much was displaced?
We don't know how far down it came from or the diameter of the actual exit hole

Ya just did the math completely wrong but sure
I sure ******* didn't.
  • Cloud density is roughly 1 kg/m
  • (500m * 500m * Pi * 1,000m)/3 * 1 kg/m3 = 261,799,387.79915 kg of dust
  • Speed: 500m / 0.0004 seconds (from Chainsaw to Face timeframe) = 1.25 million m/s
  • 261,799,387.79915 / 2 * 1250000^2 = 2.045 * 10^20 joules = 48,919,103,563.741 tons, 48.9 Gigatons.
Tier 6, solid Island level. AKA Bullshit.
(Okay so I forgot to divide by two, but you get the idea!)

Speed: 500m
center of grav for a half sphere would be (3r/8) so this would be what you're using for distance which would make this even less distance and still yes like yabsaid halving as well

Also ya used a much faster timeframe than I was going to use bit Ig I get why since CSM was slashing

I personally woulda defaulted to a one second timeframe maybe standard reaction timeframe at most so me and you had lastly different results in mind

Wait, I mean, 6-C for causing some dust in a mountain sounds a bit... weird, doesn't it? I mean, sure, that math part works, but I don't think the feat itself support the math...
Exactly. Calcing the explosion-looking-thing as what it looks like, an explosion, results in numbers that actually make sense.

It wouldn't. Using 1 second instead results in 7,827 tons using the same mass which... actually makes sense.

But 1 million m/s is from the Yoru's summong speed calc.
And that's without the other corrections I said... Like I said its more accurate than just an explosion but if ya use a insane speed ofc its gonna inflate results😭😭

The speed I would had would've been like 200~300n/s^2 or sum if ya used the correct center of gravity and like 1 second timeframe with like 99% ~ 99.99% total volume being solid which should be a solidly tier 7

how'd the 0.0004 timeframe even be considered btw? I'm not saying it's wrong I'm just curious on the method
Yoru summoned the gauntlets before Pochita's attack reached her face, Pochita is faster than Quanxi who canonically is faster than sound, bing-bang-boom.

With that said, the gauntlets would be too small at the panel's scale to actually see, meaning they could've (probably did) overtake the dust itself, so that timeframe for the dust's speed is finicky.

I do not think that timeframe should be used, but someone asked how "The experts" got Tier 6, so I gave my best guess.

I just wanna say I got hoed here😭😭

Getting cooked when my method woulda been much different and accurate not gigaton range.. if I wasn't at work I woulda just done the full calc and shown it
...Ah, shit.

Sorry about the aggression. You saying not to use explosion since it isn't an explosion made me think you were in favor of Inflated KE which is a sore spot for me and I kinda overreacted.

...Ah, shit.

Sorry about the aggression. You saying not to use explosion since it isn't an explosion made me think you were in favor of Inflated KE which is a sore spot for me and I kinda overreacted.
Its all good, I have no interest in wanking shit let alone CSM 😭😭 (Need to maintain my goats clearing the verse anyways) but its partly my fault since I gassed it up to Zab at first glance of it knowing damn well I was at work and couldn't fully math it myself to see

Back