• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically this is going to play out just like Yang vs Neo but with slightly more difficulty due to her opponent being very slightly stronger

Okay so speed equal, Chad has the AP advantage of x1.5 (negligible), has his 6th sense to help with the illusions, range advantage and some small AOE with his proto El Directo, and is used to fighting a horde of people who are trained swordsman and a bit slower than him.

Neo has teleporting, more agile, illusions can still mess with him and gives her a few free shots before he wises up.

They are in Central Park so after of Neo playing keep away, Chad rips up a tree and proceeds to swing it a lot. Not really sure who will win though.

Neo actually specializes in fighting brawler as her fighting style revolved around dodging and redirecting punches and kicks, its how she humiliated Yang in a 1v1

@Apple Her illusions allowed her and Roman to escape into an airship unnoticed despite four people looking right at them

So, no? In a nutshell she will toy with Chad until she gets tire, but I doubt Chad would attack her in character.

Chad doesn't have problems fighting people unless it is for his own gain. So long as it is for someone else (even in a roundabout way) like Ichigo or Yuichi, he will go to town on whoever.

That's more of a detriment to him rather than something that will help him, Pre-timeskip yang was the same way and it nearly got her killed

I think Neo's type of fighting style works really well against a brawler like Chad. While her illusions won't be as helpful as normal, they're still a great distraction for split second decisions.

Also Chad's sense aren't the best, they aren't bad, but I don't think he's good enough to make her illusions pointless, he'll definitely be taken back by seeing her shatter like glass.

I think Neo might have skill advantage here too, not trying to downplay Chad, but I never got the impression he was a incredibly skilled fighter early on.

He'll have trouble hitting her and when he does land a blow, the AP difference isn't enough to do massive damage. I feel like she'll continue evading and countering until he goes down.

I think Neo wins via better skill/experience, illusions, and her evading fighting style. Sorry if this seems lazy or anything, I can't think of anything else.

She's getting two keys. Her first key should be somewhat above baseline High 8-C since she's stated by WoG to be capable of defeating Mercury.

Schnee One said:
Neo is going to 8B
Her Volume 6 self is going to be 8-B. Cinder had stated she had gotten stronger so obviously we're going to be giving her a volume 6 key.

Peter1129 said:
She's getting two keys. Her first key should be somewhat above baseline High 8-C since she's stated by WoG to be capable of defeating Mercury.
Have a break!

Have a Kit Kat

Have a vote!

So speed is equal and their AP's pretty similar with Chad's potentially being a bit higher. So it all comes down to skill and abilities. Neo probably has the advantage since her fighting style technically hard counters Chad's plus her illusions would help as well. So I'll vote for Neo via better fighting style and illusions.

Neo's fighting style kind of hard countering Chad really hurts here. Though, I wouldn't say she's more skilled. I'm fairly certain that Chad has been involved in street/school fights/battles for a good while judging from certain flashbacks, and might even be able to more easily recognize what Neo is doing because of his informal "training."

That being said, I'm not really sure. Like, Neo has to engage in CQC to do good damage to Chad. Does Chad have projectiles in this key? If so, that'll make it hard for Neo to damage him, as it'll be a bit harder to get close. Not to mention that one of his arms naturally acts as a shield for him anyway.

Not going to vote yet. Just giving some input and will watch where things go.

Yang has been training since childhood and neo treated her like a joke

And no, chad doesnt have ranged attacks, though her illusions will make it easy to mess with him

After (not that) much thought, Neo FRA. Her fighting style counters Chad too much and short of constant range spam in her direction, he can't deal with it. Problem is that his stamina fails before he can put her down/do enough damage with that.

@Weekly

He kinda does have range though.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yang has been training since childhood and neo treated her like a joke
That was pre Time Skip Yang

Post timeskip Yang is the skilled one

We also can't treat formal training as something that is far superior to informal training.

That's right, Chad does have ranged attacks here. And he can also sense reiatsu. Is there some reason why he wouldn't be able to sense Neo while she's doing her illusion stuff? Unless her illusions are going to put out some kind of false reiatsu trail. Sure, he might be thrown off visually, but if he can sense reiatsu, it still may not be as large a deal.

Largest issue with Neo is that for her to do damage, she much be up close, and she has to land a hit. Whereas Chad has a giant shield on his arm that can enhance his physical abilities that he can use to casually defend against energy attacks, let alone punches and kicks.

I'm also fairly certain that Neo hasn't fought someone who uses an informal brawler fighting style with a big arm that functions as a shield, plus energy attacks and a sixth sense. Teleportation helps close the distance, but doesn't get her past Chad's shield arm, something Yang doesn't have.

Like, I honestly find it a bit difficult for Neo to get past that in it of itself. As what does a shield have to do with specializing against brawlers? She still has to get in close, and Chad can bat her away with shield and ranged attacks that have decent AoE. Getting fooled by an illusion or two isn't going to provide Neo enough damage to really get to Chad, especially given that she is weaker, even if only by 50%.

Right now, though I'm leaning towards Chad, I'll go more with inconclusive. Illusions aren't going to work more than once or twice due to Chad's reiatsu sensing, and just his general intelligence, and his shield of an arm gives him an easy way to defend all of Neo's offensive options. On the other hand, it'll be difficult to hit Neo due to her teleportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back