• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Causality manip Giorno work on Yhwach?

RTZ covers that. GER's movement speed is MFTL but RTZ that reverts ill effects on Giorno is indeed Infinity Speed, it's written in the profile.
But it isn't passive, GER itself still has to actually use RTZ and GER is only MFTL.

And as others said, immeasurable speed counters passives, not infinite.

Also why are we arguing this, it has nothing to do with the OP's question, Giorno's causality manipulation would work on Yhwach if it's actually 4-D.

But it isn't passive, GER itself still has to actually use RTZ and GER is only MFTL.
That's the thing, GER has "Infinite for its Return to Zero".
Return to Zero: GER can take the entirety of something and revert it to a previous state. This includes any action the target takes and leaves GER unaffected by it (i.e., Giorno would be affected by time stop, but GER would not).
From my understanding, this looks like a passive infinity speed skill.
Giorno's causality manipulation would work on Yhwach if it's actually 4-D.
By VSB standards affecting time is 4-D, Giorno affected time with RTZ so it's indeed 4-D.

Actually, it is, it's semi-automatic, it can be used manually, but can activate automatically if GER or Gio themselves aren't able to.

Well my other points stand

Infinite speed doesn't really counter passives, immeasurable speed does.

And in an actual battle here, speed would obviously be equalized making this argument sort of irrelevant.

But again, the OP's question has already been answered.

Still not passive from itself, it's not activated from GER merely existing
No, but it's passive in the sense if he gets effected by something or something is about to bring harm to him, it'll take action to revert it even if he can't. Semi-automatic, exactly what I said, it may as well be passive for all intents and purposes, it's an ability that doesn't require any conscious thought even if it can be used willingly.

And in an actual battle here, speed would obviously be equalized making this argument sort of irrelevant.
Speed equalization doesn't effect certain abilities acquired or performed through speed. RTZ's speed will still be infinite

No, but it's passive in the sense if he gets effected by something or something is about to bring harm to him, it'll take action to revert it even if he can't. Semi-automatic, exactly what I said, it may as well be passive for all intents and purposes, it's an ability that doesn't require any conscious thought even if it can be used willingly.
Cant exactly do anything if as soon as the fight start he does and then revives and dies again, it would still be a loss for him

Cant exactly do anything if as soon as the fight start he does and then revives and dies again, it would still be a loss for him
Doesn't change the fact rtz is pretty much passive and chariot wasn't arguing for Giorno vs yhawach anyway

Not really, passive means that is active since the start, rtz needs activation even if automatic activation. It ain't really passive
It's technically active from the start just the effects only happen when Giorno is either attacked or harmed and passive doesn't mean it needs to be active from the start it just means it's an automatic ability that doesn't require to be actively used

Not really how RTZ works, nor would it happen again after the first time due to the mechanics of the ability unless the character in question has a way to circumvent that. But I'm not about to ******* argue Gio vs Ywach nor do I care, more concerned with the spread of misinformation on how it works then anything.

It ain't really passive
It doesn't. The ability is technically always up, it just takes effect when Gio or GER would be harmed in order to prevent said harm. It's by literal definition passive and acts to prevent any hinderance to them.

Orhimes causality manipulation rejects events in space-time which is 4D hax

So no i don't see it working

Back