• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since Castlevania Season 3 drops in about an hour, I figured why not make a discussion thread for Castlevania? We got plenty to discuss about this verse of Tier 2 bullwhips, after all. Potential topics of discussion include:

• Lords of Shadow profiles
  • Castlevania Season 3 feats, once the season is available for viewing
  • Netflix Dracula seemingly causing a lunar eclipse
  • Guesstimates/calcs for Sypha melting the gears of the castle engine
  • Hector x Lenore lol

Well, I'm not quite caught up on everything Castlevania, but this looks fun.

Hector x Issac will always be the one true ship

Honesty surprised we didn't already have LoS profiles, they got pretty decent stats, Multi-Continent level and Massively Hypersonic+ at the bare minimum from what I recall. Also I'm calling it now that Issac will become the Netflix series version of Death (And when I start watching season 3 later today I'll probably be proven wrong).

Also, it would be nice to set up a good scaling chain that includes the vampire generals from season 2, hopefully they'll retain their status as 9-A. Cho vs Sekiro is a VS thread I'd like to see.

No 9-A feats for them in this 2nd season, unfortunately

I never played Lords of Shadow so I can't help with that

For the 3rd Season feats, I made a separate thread with all of them

Also, the engine on Dracula's castle was melted by a fire that started because the castle engine was being forced and started to collapse, causing the fire to start and spread, it doesn't scale to Sypha whatever are the results

Hi Matt

The Netflix Dracula seemingly causing a lunar eclipse feat is more of a hax since even normal humans could harm him.

Well, I can talk on most subjects barring the Lord of Shadow since I never played it and Season 3 likely tomorrow since I've just seen episode 1.

Zaratthustra said:
The Netflix Dracula seemingly causing a lunar eclipse feat is more of a hax since even normal humans could harm him.
Environmental Destruction, not hax. Also no normal humans have harmed him in the series. Hell, not even Trevor, who's pretty clearly superhuman (at least when sober) could even faze him with full-force punches to the face

Wait, I think I may have missunderstund a bit. Yeah, more likely. When I posted the message it was just after waking up. Anyway, I was confused as I seen just Netflix Dracula, I assume it was of the three movie original Netflix Dracula (the tv-show).

Dante Demon Killah said:
Also, the engine on Dracula's castle was melted by a fire that started because the castle engine was being forced and started to collapse, causing the fire to start and spread, it doesn't scale to Sypha whatever are the results
The engine melted itself from strain while fighting against Sypha's control. Trevor states that she melted it, and Alucard, who is knowledgeable on the castle, agrees with him.

Dante Demon Killah said:
No, they said Sypha BROKE IT
Potato potato, Trevor refers to it as both breaking and melting. Besides, it likely isn't too far of an outlier for Sypha if it was her who directly caused the melting from straining the engine, if it's even an outlier at all.

Plus, even if she didn't cause the melting herself, the fire was likely caused by the engine outputting too much power for it to handle or something to that effect, and Sypha managed to outwrestle the engine struggling against her at this level of power. It's similar in concept to outmatching someone in a contest of physical strength when they're falling back on hysterical strength. Yeah, maybe YOU'RE not doing them harm, but they're harming themselves trying to overpower you, and you're still matching and surpassing that, thus you scale and should be able to do similar harm to them directly.

You say that Trevor is talking about both things but with what proof ? Just "lolno" doesn't work, we see them agreeing that Sypha broke it only, anything beyond that is assumption

The engine harmed itself yes, that's why it broke it, how a fire caused by that can scale ? It's just a separated event that start with Sypha overpowering the engine and then it spreads to the whole room. Your argument only covers why Sypha's Magic can scale in Strength to the engine, which is itself a good feat, but not to the fire that started with their struggle, that's a separated event

Dante Demon Killah said:
You say that Trevor is talking about both things but with what proof ? Just "lolno" doesn't work, we see them agreeing that Sypha broke it only, anything beyond that is assumptio
There's a scene just prior to Trevor and Alucard agreeing that she broke it in which Trevor and Sypha are looking at the engine and he tells her she melted it, which she denies. Can't find a clip to link to it cuz no one gives a shit about a minor quip, aside from us for this brief conversation, after which we probably won't, either. It's in S2 E8, a couple minutes before Trevor gives Alucard the Belmont Hold iirc

OkDante Demon Killah said:
The engine harmed itself yes, that's why it broke it, how a fire caused by that can scale ? It's just a separated event that start with Sypha overpowering the engine and then it spreads to the whole room. Your argument only covers why Sypha's Magic can scale in Strength to the engine, which is itself a good feat, but not to the fire that started with their struggle, that's a separated event
I'd say safest bet is that the engine melted itself, as far as I recall there wasn't very much flammable material that could fuel a fire hot enough to melt steel, and isolated wiring fires and stuff to that effect don't cause such destruction, at least not without an assload of fuel, which probably shouldn't and wouldn't be stored basically right next to the essential moving parts of the engine. That's part of why gas tanks in cars are usually on pretty much the opposite end of the car from the engine block.

Knowing my luck, another discussion thread was probably be made and I'm necroing the everloving **** outta this, but whatever.

Just rewatched the Netflix series, the Castle causes an impressive amount of destruction when it moves, killing animals seemingly a long ways away. Sypha's magic being capable of moving the castle is incredibly impressive and would probably get above Small Building level.

Binged it in a single night, quite a solid show 👌 very gorgeous from a visual standpoint, some very good directing. Kinda tilted they didn't bother making an actual intro, but then again the previous series didn't use its intro very much. Loved the characters, not as much as the previous series but that's hard to top, especially in terms of antagonists because Dracula, Carmilla, and Isaac were all stellar, some of the villains in Nocturne hold their own very well though
Divine Judgement moment went hard
Alucard my beloved

Watched everything'i'd say is better than S3 of the OG series and on par with S4

Inferior to S1 and S2 of the OG series due to pacing,dialogue and lack of direction/worldbuilding.

So around 6.5-7/10

Watched everything'i'd say is better than S3 of the OG series and on par with S4

Inferior to S1 and S2 of the OG series due to pacing,dialogue and lack of direction/worldbuilding.

So around 6.5-7/10
Honestly it was pretty much doomed to be inferior to S2 lol, it set the bar for the series going forward

Also wym by lack of direction and worldbuilding?

The story was kinda mid yeah, but it was never intented to close everything in only one season, the next one might close this arc and then we can have our final opinion on the matter. I also cringed every single time with that opera singer lol

Overall I also give a 7, better than OG's Season 3, but inferior to all the other ones

The story was kinda mid yeah, but it was never intented to close everything in only one season, the next one might close this arc and then we can have our final opinion on the matter.
Tbh I quite liked the story. Solid start with a cold open of Julia dying, ans the writers steered clear of fridging her, instead made it an incredible fight that had consequences that echoed through the whole season and laid solid groundwork for both Olrox and Richter's foundational character traits. Erszebet (props to the writers for using her native Hungarian version of the name Elizabeth) Bathory was rather shallow as a character, but still commanded some measure of respect, and I'm heavily invested in seeing her downfall. Though that's mostly cuz I'm utterly tilted over her claiming the title of vampiric Messiah and thusly trying to steal Dracula's thunder lol
The pacing of the story was solid to my surprise, cuz I thought the pacing was kinda shit in the first couple episodes. The plot beats all hit at good times, as well.

Tbh I quite liked the story. Solid start with a cold open of Julia dying, ans the writers steered clear of fridging her, instead made it an incredible fight that had consequences that echoed through the whole season and laid solid groundwork for both Olrox and Richter's foundational character traits. Erszebet (props to the writers for using her native Hungarian version of the name Elizabeth) Bathory was rather shallow as a character, but still commanded some measure of respect, and I'm heavily invested in seeing her downfall. Though that's mostly cuz I'm utterly tilted over her claiming the title of vampiric Messiah and thusly trying to steal Dracula's thunder lol
The pacing of the story was solid to my surprise, cuz I thought the pacing was kinda shit in the first couple episodes. The plot beats all hit at good times, as well.
The pacing wasn't bad, just irregular in my opinion

It started really well, the first episode is amazing, went downhill until episode 5 and then Episodes 6-8 it got better and closes with an awesome finale, the story goes sloooowly and it feels like two episodes less would be better cuz we have many episodes and plot devices that take more time than they needed

Also, if Bathory could cover then sun like that, why didn't she used it before ? Why wait until that moment ?

The pacing wasn't bad, just irregular in my opinion

It started really well, the first episode is amazing, went downhill until episode 5 and then Episodes 6-8 it got better and closes with an awesome finale, the story goes sloooowly and it feels like two episodes less would be better cuz we have many episodes and plot devices that take more time than they needed

Also, if Bathory could cover then sun like that, why didn't she used it before ? Why wait until that moment ?
Irregular pacing works fine imo, gives the characters more breathing room so they can develop on their own time. The flashback scenes were a bit too saturated tho, went on so long that I almost lost the plot.

I must be fully honest, that finale went pretty bonkers. Total rollercoaster in terms of action and drama.

Tbh runtime was kinda missing from previous seasons in the Deats Castlevania series I feel, so letting the story pump the brakes a bit was a welcome change.

As for Bathory's eclipse, that didn't really bother me too much. Chosen Ones of all stripes tend to have prophecies attached that bring about drastic changes at certain junctions. I felt that the eclipse was just one of of those junctions, and probably is a natural phenomenon that she can supernaturally prolong ad infinitum as she rises to the occasion. Albeit, that interpretation banks a wee bit on my headcanon that she's a total wimp compared to Dracula, who could induce a lunar eclipse just by getting a bit upset

Back