• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Nocturne Revision (Massive Spoilers!)

Finally, the new series is out aaaaand it was a bit mid ngl, at least in terms of story

Heads up: This CRT has massive spoilers for the seaon and, most importantly, I need you, viewer, to watch the show first then see this

First and for most, remember, the Netflix series doesn't have any connection scaling-wise to the games timeline, so forget to scale Trevor to Richter based on the games premise of a Belmont always surpassing their family because such statement wasn't made in the series yet, let's keep this in our mind.

As the series shares the same canon universe to the other show, some feats and scaling are carried over: Vampires are ageless, have Regeneration, FTE movement speed with Relativistic+ reactions and are capable of using magic. Creatures of the night retain their power to break through walls, pillars, and humans and the new cast can fight them quite casually, so they all start at At least Wall level.

Now, as far as I saw and remember from the season, there is only one statement about a Belmont surpassing the old generation, which is Juste stating to be the strongest magic user of his bloodline (and his bloodline includes Sypha), being a direct High 8-C scaling considering her Season 4 level. Unfortunately, this doesn't scale to physicals (As Belnades magic didn't powered her up physically), and since Juste can't use it anymore, we didn't get a statement or even a training section between his old self and Richter, or some type of connection that could serve for scaling. For absolute sure that will change in the next season since Alucard shows up and we will get something to base on. Another important thing to note is that Richter (and his mother Julia) lack the Morning Star whip (A High 8-C weapon) and thus they don't nuke the monsters like Trevor used to, their whip barely burn the vampires actually, while even the Leather Whip in Season 1 from OG had that ability

Now, without statements about new Belmonts surpassing Trevor, we gotta starts at 9-B (Since the creatures of the night are at this level) and build up their powerlevel from this

Richter Belmont: He has all the skill, acrobatics, and physicals that you wold expect from a Netflix-Belmont (However, the series is very clear in stating that he is a novice and still has much to learn), and has Magic similar to Sypha in terms of its use, plus, he can enhance both his physicals and his whip with said magic, adding Fire (That adds AP), Ice (That adds Durability) and Lightning to them. His Fire is shown to be Blue, while Sypha's fire has a regular color, and I believe Blue fire is hotter which could be a hint about his Fire Magic being stronger than hers, but no such statement was made, and it was shown before (When the Bishop made that river into Holy Water in Season 2) that Holy Fire burns blue in this series, so I'm unsure in scaling him above Sypha just based on this, it could be just aesthetic, it could be hotter or it could be Holy. Richter also said that before his Magic Awakening, he wasn't ready for Olrox, but it was after his power up, meaning he already have two keys for Richter here, the last one having Magic and scaling to his mother's feat, as he saw Olrox killing her with his very eyes but had no problem in fighting him after his upgrade

Annette: She gains Magnetism and Earth Manipulation based on magic from her Land, outside of that, she is an expert stealth user who can sneak on Vampires without being noticed. She scales to Night Creatures

Maria: She gets summoning and assisted flight, and her summons are showcased to he able to harm Night Creatures aswell, and some of them have elemental powers like the Lion, as it can apperently increase its speed with Lightning Magic. Her physicals should scale aswell, although I'm not sure

Julia Belmont: Richter's mom has standard Post-Belnades arsenal with Whip, sub weapons, Fire and Ice Manipulation, her best feat, however, is actually holding Dragon Olrox's weight for some time with only one hand, which should he around Class K to Class M based on his size. She also very clearly scales to Olrox in speed and AP

Olrox: For now seems to have ratings similar to most Vampires in the series but has a lot of interesting abilities. He can turn into mist and his real form (I guess) is a Dragon that should be vastly more powerful than his regular physicals

Juste Belmont: This guy actually has a very clear scaling to Sypha and he himself stated to be the strongest magician of his bloodline, putting his Magic at High 8-C directly. That, however, is for his prime, his current old self can't use magic anymore, and his physicals should also scale to Vampires as he was able to defeat one easily

Now, onto the big villain of this arc:

Bathory has one massive feat of literally moving the moon to create an Eclipse, unfortunately we didn't saw much of her power wise besides this and it's unclear if her magic scales to her physicals yet, bit considering my experience with Eclipse feats, this one is easily Tier 5, considering it was done fast enough to get everyone by surprise. The reason why Bathory is this powerful is because of the blood of an ancient God.

When she faces Richter and the others, her presence is almost a passive Fear Hax, and absolutely nothing works on her, despite Richter's best efforts. She seems so absurdly above the others that I believe an Unknown physical rating with a Tier 5 rating with Magic seems the best way to describe her for now. We will need a calc to confirm such rating.

As for Drolda, her 2nd in charge, she clearly scales to Post-Awakening Richter and fought him at almost equal level although the Belmont does seem slightly superior.

And the very ending, we have Alucard one shoting her and...that's it. It was a sneak attack and directly at her heart, but aside from this, he literally does nothing else, but claims to have killed "thousands" of other vampires before which implies he wasn't sleeping like in the original timeline and thus has a massive 300 years upgrade of experience and strength, as stated by him in Episode 8 of the 3rd season, with experience and age, Dracula grew strong enough to discard magical weapons, and the one who can scale to this slowly but surely power growth is Alucard who has his powers (As stated by Godbrand in Season 2), with this, unless Nocturne Season 2 says otherwise, we can conclude Alucard should be stronger than before

He is also faster since, despite Drolda being unable to see him, all others, including the heroes in front of her and the vampires behind her, nobody was able to see Alucard coming in to attack her

So finally, the stats (without any new calc):

Richter Belmont: Pre-Awakening | Post-Awakening

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Capable of fighting multiple Night Creatures) | At least Wall level, likely higher (Far more powerful after awakening his inner magical powers and confident enough to take on Olrox, easily defeated a group of Vampires that were giving him a hard time before, matched and overpowered Drolda), higher with Magic (Capable of easily killing enemies comparable to his physical strength, can enhance his physicals with Fire Magic)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions (Capable of keeping up with Vampires and other Night Creatures)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Stronger than the average human, but wasn't capable of recovering his Whip from a Vampire's grip) | Class K (Stated to be ready to fight Olrox, a powerful vampire that can match Julia Belmont's physical strength)

Maria:

Attack Potency: Unknown physically, at least Wall level with summons (Her bird summons can kill Night Creatures, her Lion summon could send Drolda flything through multiple wooden banks)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions (Capable of keeping up with Vampires and other Night Creatures)

Lifting Strength: Class K for her Lion Familiar (It can match and push Drolda away)

Annette:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Capable of fighting multiple Night Creatures and against Vampires like Base Drolda), higher with Weapons and Magic (Her magic made weapons are able to easily tears to night creatures that are comparable to her physically, can break walls and pillars)

Lifting Strength: Unknown or Superhuman, far higher with Magnetism (It needs calcs, but she can move multiple constructs with this)

Julia Belmont:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Capable of fighting and overpowering Olrox, her Fire Magic forced him to use his Dragon Form)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions (Comparable to Olrox)

Lifting Strength: Class K (Blocked and dealt with Dragon Olrox's weight with a single arm)

Olrox:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Should be comparable to other powerful Vampires that are superior to Night Creatures), higher in Dragon Form (Strong enough to withstand attacks from Julia Belmont with ease)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions (Comparable to other powerful vampires)

Lifting Strength: Class K (Strong vampires are capable of reaching these levels of strength, his Dragon Form should be far stronger due to sheer size)

Juste Belmont: French Revolution | Prime

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Casually fought and defeated a Vampire despite old and out of practice) | At least Wall level, likely higher (Should be far stronger than his older self), at least Large Building level with Magic (Stated to be strongest magician of his bloodline, surpassing the likes of Sypha Belnades, and was capable of killing a whole nest of vampires with a single attack)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions (Can react to a vampire running from Richter fast enough to catch him with the whip)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman

Drolda:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Stated to be a particularly powerful vampire), higher in her winged form (Matched post awakening Richter to an extent)

Speed: Subsonic with Relativistic+ reactions

Lifting Strength: Class K (Strong vampires are capable of reaching these levels of strength)

Alucard: Original Series | Nocturne

• His Immortality doesn't need the "likely" anymore as he didn't aged a day since 1475, and is currently 300 years old
  • He should have a Enhanced Stealth Mastery for being able to sneak attack a vampire

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level+ (Stronger and more experienced than before, stating to have killed thousands of vampires. Capable of casually dismissing Drolda in her Winged Form)

Speed: At least Relativistic+ (Should be faster than before, capable of slicing Drolda while being completely undetected by everyone sorrounding her at the moment, including vampires and a post awakening Richter Belmont), likely FTL with high speed technique

Erzebet Bathory:

Attack Potency: Unknown (Far, far more powerful than Drolda, Olrox and other Vampires, with her presence striking despair on everyone, including Post Awakening Richter), Moon level with Magic (Used by her to cover the Sun with the moon quick enough to catch everyone by surprise), higher in her Sekhmet Form

Speed: At least Relativistic+ (Should be massively faster than every other vampire on her command, casually reacted to Richter and Maria)

Lifting Strength: At least Class K (Should be massively stronger than every other vampire on her command), Class Z with Magic (Capable of quickly moving the moon)

Last things to consider:

- As I said, this CRT uses whatever we already have to rate the characters and not seek new calcs yet (That's for the discussion below), although honestly, aside from Bathory's Eclipse and Maria's Lion punching Drolda through wooden banks, I haven't noticed any other feat worthy of something beyond 9-B, Julia sent Olrox flying through concrete aswell. But I could be wrong obviously, so the ratings above are placeholders that will only be applied if we don't find anything new

- I'm aware that Season 1 Trevor is technically less trained than future Belmonts who had their family back, but that alone does not make them scale to his Season 1 self. Trevor stated to not have training in magic, not in physicals, and showcased far more skill with the whip than the Belmonts on this season, very likely because he had to defend himself alone for years, so his physicality isn't the baseline for every Belmont. Also, keep in mind that Richter also lost his family at 10 (Even younger than Trevor, who lost at 12-14). Last, but not least, the games are the only source where Belmonts surpass themselves and that's thanks to fighting stronger versions of Dracula and scaling to them, not because of some hidden power on their lineage, search the Belmont Bloodline profile and you'll fail to find an ability that grants them accelerated development or something, search Juste Belmont's profile and you won't find him being stated to be superior to Simon just for being before his time, and even if it had, that's for the games

Last edited:
You put this in content revision and why are we switiching to a new thread?

I don't see why Bathory's speed at Unknown. Other characters could see what she was doing, actual problem was that nothing they did fazed her. Other than that I agree with everything so far.
Richter superior to Drolda is a yes. The show implies that he was about to seal the deal and at that point Maria had retreated from combat for a breather. It's Bathory's entrance that ruins everything. In the pursuit scene after, he was weakened from how badly she got him beat.

Anyways Erzsebet definitely shouldn't be unknown in speed. She was casually batting away Maria's bird familiars like they were nothing, and snatched Richter's whip mid flight. Just scale her above everyone else.

Anyways Erzsebet definitely shouldn't be unknown in speed. She was casually batting away Maria's bird familiars like they were nothing, and snatched Richter's whip mid flight. Just scale her above everyone else.
I agree with that yeah, going to edit the OP

I don't agree with all vampires being Relativistic+, anyone that was remotely comparable to trevor is able to scale to that level of speed since he did the feats and all normal vampire are jobbers in comparison to him. The only reason why Carmilla's side managed to scale to the speed is thanks to Isaac reacting to Alucard and being able to trade blows with the vampire ladies.

In regards to Alucard's nocturne key I'd rather we wait until the next season gives us some more with him since all we've seen him do is just speedblitz and oneshot Drolta, which isn't really saying much on him being stronger than before, as for the stealth mastery part, I honestly see that as just him speedblitzing the vampires and drolta before they could even react to it.

In terms of the Nocturne cast I'd rather have them scale to Supersonic for the time being since we do have Richter react to and block bullets easily, something other vampires seem to do naturally given we have normal Drolta blitz some french soldiers and killed them before their blood started to rain.

Juste should have Class K LS with his magic too if we're going to upscale him from Sypha's magic with that statement. As for the 5-C moon level feat, we're better off getting a calc from that, especially from holding the moon in place since that should yield a much higher result than 5-C. You also better watch out Dante since that UES you promised won't go unnoticed. 🗿

Other than those gripes everything else looks fine.

I don't agree with all vampires being Relativistic+, anyone that was remotely comparable to trevor is able to scale to that level of speed since he did the feats and all normal vampire are jobbers in comparison to him. The only reason why Carmilla's side managed to scale to the speed is thanks to Isaac reacting to Alucard and being able to trade blows with the vampire ladies.
Oh damn, forgot how the Relativistic+ scaling was hard to get, well, Subsonic is a given however Supersonic may need some calcs

Juste should have Class K LS with his magic too if we're going to upscale him from Sypha's magic with that statement. As for the 5-C moon level feat, we're better off getting a calc from that, especially from holding the moon in place since that should yield a much higher result than 5-C
True, Class K for the best Belmont 🗿

This series was absolutely successful in making me want a Juste series with him at his prime

Bullet stuff would need calculations because it could easily yield higher or lower tbh.

Bruh I wanted to make a profile for Annette and maybe Richter and Bathory but everything is almost done lol

Alucard one shoting her and...that's it. It was a sneak attack and directly at her heart
It wasn't in the heart.

It was closer to the neck.

I think it's a little too loud to be the heart.

Captura-de-tela-2023-10-17-013920.png

Apologies for not making the profiles guys, I was a bit flooded with stuff to do so I left it to when I take a wider break
My Annette blog

It looks great, I think she is in her Early 20s, and her Intelligence should be Above Average considering what it takes to be Gifted

Also, she is a bit short tempered, you guys think it could be added as a weakness ? She did caused Edouard's death indirectly because of this

Not sure it would be a combat applicable weakness since the vampire she killed in episode 5 was trying to provoke her and she didn’t budge. Maybe for her early season version we’d include it

Apologies for not making the profiles guys, I was a bit flooded with stuff to do so I left it to when I take a wider break

It looks great, I think she is in her Early 20s, and her Intelligence should be Above Average considering what it takes to be Gifted
Thx, edited it with what you said

Shame there's no good render of her for now though
Also, she is a bit short tempered, you guys think it could be added as a weakness ? She did caused Edouard's death indirectly because of this
I'm a bit split on this one, I've thought about adding it but then you have the Vaublanc death scene where he tries to anger her and it doesn't do anything except her mocking him for it

Not sure it would be a combat applicable weakness since the vampire she killed in episode 5 was trying to provoke her and she didn’t budge. Maybe for her early season version we’d include it
I'd phrase it like "initially rather hot-headed, which caused her to act irrationally, but has since rectified her temper issues, now being able to restore goodwill with her comrades and not be provoked by her nemesis' taunting."

I'm a bit split on this one, I've thought about adding it but then you have the Vaublanc death scene where he tries to anger her and it doesn't do anything except her mocking him for it
Character development can be accounted for when listing weaknesses and such. The only hiccup here is that when making matches you gotta specify her frame of mind.

As far as I'm aware she's the same age as Richter, that is 19. I also agree with her being Above Average for now, though I could see her being Gifted, given how knowledgeable she is despite being denied a formal education in her childhood and adolescence, and basically getting only a crash course in magic, warfare, and vampire and demon hunting.

As far as I'm aware she's the same age as Richter, that is 19. I also agree with her being Above Average for now, though I could see her being Gifted, given how knowledgeable she is despite being denied a formal education in her childhood and adolescence, and basically getting only a crash course in magic, warfare, and vampire and demon hunting.
Maybe "At least Above Average" then

Character development can be accounted for when listing weaknesses and such. The only hiccup here is that when making matches you gotta specify her frame of mind.
Still a bit unsure cause it happened only once (granted that one instance was pretty significant) and the rest of the time, her character development focuses on her accepting Richter's own problems and her idea of cowardice, the rest of the time she's almost perfectly controlled and focused, heck that one case was because the man who enslaved her mother and killed her and tormented her was there, it's a very specific situation to say the leasy

Back