• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania big Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death

So to start Death should be a type 2 abstract as Death could embody Death itself and is implied several times to be literally Death, which means he should likely get Death Manipulation too. Death never really ""Dies"" in the games, he gets always sucked in a portal upon his defeat, though Portrait of Ruin is that exception. In that game Dracula specifically uses Soul Steal to absorb Death's power, now obviously Death comes back later on in Aria and Dawn of sorrow which implies that Death does not need a Soul or is just some sort of Chaotic energy, this would mean that Death can exist without a Soul since Soma can theoretically absorb his Soul too and Dracula already did. So like any other boss enemy, Death should get Type 8 though while the bosses are reliant on the Dark Lord or Chaos, Death can exist perfectly fine and comeback without either as evidenced by the "Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku" Novel, so that's why i think its likely that he is reliant on the concept of Death or him possibly literally being the embodiement of it, possibly type 5 immortality due to his nature, Non-Corporeal (His forms and looks are never consistent) and Mid-Godly regen scaling from other Bosses. He should also have Danmaku since he spams his scythe in large barrages in some of the more recent fights like PoR. Also possible Intelligence upgrade: "Dracula's confidant. Knows dark secrets hidden from all others."

Death should also likely be given Mind manipulation as he commands his own demons and should likely resist some Demons abilities and the Castle's power which has passive abilities to warp and control beings inside of it

Also these statements from Castlevania Arcade support him being literally Death "His very appearance strikes terror in the heart of people as a symbol of death. All the living creatures forfeit their lives when he brings his blade down on their bodies." and "He is Death. Death portrays fear. That is to say, he is the absolute presence, the awe, the religion and the dark god. Of course, those who oppose a god never survive."

Soma/Dark Lord Soma/Dracula
Soma should have resistances against some of Chaos's abilities as he resists his hold on him and exists outside his power and connection to the Castle from Dracula's soul

Dark Lord Soma could probably be a new seperate key for him or a tab on the Dracula profile since its been stated that Soma would be the next true Dark Lord if he embraced its hold on him and he is Dracula's reincarnation, thus he should logically also have all of his powers in his Dark Lord Soma form..Also this may or may not support this but when Soma turns evil he will be the lord of the Castle and be the final Boss in the Abyss in Julius mode, which implies he has control over it.

Dracula in general should resist his own demons abilities and his own Castle's influence as he is able to manipulate them and is vastly superior to them and ofcourse resist Soul Manipulation since he doesn't need his Soul to live and the Belmonts attacks can harm Souls

Other things
>Like Alucard, Trevor and Sypha, all other Belmonts/Heroes who fought Dracula should have resistances against some of his hax and other demons hax(Which you can see below), as they can fight against them perfectly fine without trouble.

>Alucard should have low mid regen at bare minimum and possibly Mid.Godly scaling from demons and Dracula being his father and all

>Also they can kill Demons and monsters with Mid-Godly regen, so they should probably have Regenerationn Negation

>Belmonts and Heroes should have Non-Physical interaction and Soul manipulation since they can hit and kill Ghost and Spirit enemies like the Quija table, Ghost Dancers, Ectoplasms (Who are literally made out of Souls) and literally any possesed enemy like the intangible water Procel for example.

>Belmonts and Heroes should have resistances to Madness, Sound and Death manipulation scaling from Mandragora who was stated to do this "Those who hear its scream know madness.", "A mythical plant that is said to inflict death to those that uproot it.", "Insanity overcomes all who hear his cry." Oh yeah and Soma should get these abilities due to being able to manipulate their Soul and having to use it to kill the flying humanoid who hides far in the background

>Resistance to fear manipulation scaling from Malachi who has been stated several times to cause this effect: "A pagan being from ancient times that strikes fear into all in its presence", "A pagan being from ancient times who strikes fear in anyone near him"

>Resistance to Magic and Elemental attacks i.e Ice, Fire, Wind etc. due to several monsters using it against them and being magical in nature

>Resistance to Emphatic Manipulation scaling from Lillith who is stated to be able to do this "Tempts her victims by exploiting their most secret fantasies.", "An enchanting demon who deludes her victims with mystifying beauty."

>Resistance to Darkness Manipulation since many demons have dark and evil powers and are made of them like the Arc Demon and Holy Manipulation since Holy weapons against Belmonts are always weak

>Hell Fire manipulation for Soma since its an obvious nod to the ability Dracula uses and the demon who you get this ability from has these statements "A demon that wields the fires of Hell.", "A fiend born from the hell fires".

>Resistance to Hell Fire manipulation for obvious reasons

>Darkness Manipulation for Soma, its the nature of his powers and the demon souls he can use like Malachi, Arc Demon, Demon Lord etc.

>Holy Manipulation for Soma through Valkyrie Soul, Amalaric Sniper and Holy Weapons

>Possibly Conceptual Manipulation for Soma for destroying the concept of Chaos (Though i myself am not sure about it)

>Resistance to Mind, Soul Manipulation, Corruption, Transmutation and Posession: The Castle itself warps and corrupts the people's or animals minds and souls inside of it and its influence is the reason some enemies exist and fight against you: "transformed into a giant insect by exposure to castle's magic", "Transformed into a giant ghost by exposure to the castle's magic.", "A monstrous mollusk imbued with the castle's dark power.", "Local barnyard owl. Mutated by castle's influence."

>Chaos should be a type 2 abstract

EDIT:
>Curse Manipulation for Soma, through Siren's Soul and Murasama

>Resistance to Curse Manipulation for all heroes since they often fight enemies who put curses on them, Dracula does himself but here is an enemy example: the Ectoplasm, a being made out of Souls, which is able to curse the Heroes by its touch "An assembly of tortured souls that curses all it touches.", "The manifestation of tormented souls seeking vengeance. Moves slowly and curses all who touch it."

>
Probability Manipulation/Supernatural luck for the Heroes through High Luck stats, Ring's which increase drop rate, Charlotte's luck boost, Luck boosting gear in general, Soma's Souls which increase luck etc.

>Reactive Powerlevel for Soma through Headhunter, the more Souls he gets the more powerful he becomes and Lubicant which increases his power when his health goes down

>Energy Manipulation for Soma through Gergoth's and Legion's Soul, which are an energy beam from his palm and tentacles which shoot out lasers from his back respectively. Also Man eater which summons energy projectiles

>Soma should have Magic since some of his Souls are magical in nature, also he has the Witches Soul which fires magic orbs

>Beast mastery for Soma, pretty self explanatory since he can summon locusts, zombie dogs etc.

>Limited Anti Matter manipulation for Soma through the Positron Rifle and resistance to Anti Matter Manipulation and Radiation Manipulation through carrying it around him. "Fires positive electrons" So basically a positron is the anti matter equivalent of an electron, it would create immense amounts of gamma radiation from the size of the beam he would be firing

>Alucard should get Raditaion Manipulation and resistance to it through being able to throw out a Neutron bomb in close vicinity, which is a type of thermo nuclear explosive specialized in creating as much lethal radiation as possible

>Water, Fire, Wind, Electric, Ice etc. Manip for Soma through various elemental souls

>Resistance Physical attacks via Tanjelly´s soul for Soma

>Duarability Negatation and One Hit Kill via Killer Mantle and Imp soul for Soma (Swaps the victims lifeforce with his magic, characters who have no magic instantly die)

>Explosion Manipulation for Soma through Bomber armor, Zombie Soldier

>Creation for Soma via Summoning Curry and various other inanimate objects out of nowhere

>Bone Manipulation for Soma via Skeletal type Souls

>Plant Manipulation via Une and Corpseweed Soul for Soma

>Emphatic Manipulation via Mini Devil Soul for Soma

>Danmaku via Death's Soul for Soma

>Martial arts expert via Werejaguar, Weretiger, Slaughterer and Hell Boars Soul for Soma

>Weapon mastery for using various weapons with ease for Soma

>Attack Reflection from the Dead Warrior Soul for Soma

>Vibration Manipulation via Black Panther Soul for Soma

>Nigh infinite Stamina via Chaos Ring, allows him to use any ability wihout any magic drawbacks for Soma

Death is most likely just contractually obliged to serve Dracula because of Chaos. Judgement outright poses this question, and laters evidences that there is a larger force (than Dracula) at play behind Death serving him.

Death was also fully aware that the "age was coming to an end" before Aeon told him a word.

While on topic, I'm not entirely sure on Death's weakness of being weak to Holy powers out there either. It's just that the Vampire Killer and its wielder are extra-effective against anything that relates to the vampires: Leon himself states that "I have the power to destroy all related to Vampires. Though you have divine powers, you are no exception."

Hence, Death itself wields powers of divine nature.

Death is likely an avatar of his true self since his forms and appearences never look consistent and he isn't bound by Chaos or Dracula, just like Chaos (the one you fought in AoS) is probably just an avatar of the real being. Though that's the only evidence i have and it likely will never get elaborated on

DeathCas1
DeathCas2
DeathCas3
DeathCas4
DeathCas5
DeathCas6
DeathCas7
DeathCas8
DeathCas9
DeathCas10
DeathCas11
DeathCas12
DeathCas13
DeathCas14
These are the scans for the things I mentioned above.
Well, Chaos is the source of al things Chaotic, so if Dracula/The Dark Lord is the one chosen to wield the power of Chaos it makes sense for Death to serve him.

The scans make sense i agree. Though Death seems to have ulterior motives and is mysterious for a reason, as hinted in the Novel

Soma is literally Dracula's reincarnation it has been stated multiple times that he is Dracula and that he is destined to become the Dark Lord i.e the guy who controls all demons. Also evidence for already having Dracula's powers is there, he literally transforms into Dracula's second form the Dragon and controls the Abyss and demons in Dawn of Sorrow

Oh Soma should be similar to Chaos (Castlevania):

Theoretically has all the powers of Lord Dracula and every existing demon, as they are all facets of its being--From Chaos (Castlevania)

Dark Lord Soma is the most powerful Dracula, so that's why i think he should be a key for Dracula or Soma on one or the other's profile

Dawn of Sorrow since he defeated Chaos in Aria of Sorrow who is more powerful than Dracula, so logically Soma at that point is the strongest Dracula ever

Also btw Matt, Soma doesn't go to Dracula's castle in Dawn, its just a copy made by Celia. That line should be changed on Soma's profile

LightinAnt said:
Other things
1: I can agree with the Regenerationn part for Alucard, but only Low-Mid for now, as if he dies, he doesn´t come back.

2: Regenerationn negation? That´s questionable, as the fodder still respawns after you kill them, but that may be just game mechanics, after all, the bosses don´t come back.

3: I thought that part has clear enought, yes, it´s really acceptable to include Non-Physical Interaction for them.

4: I accept the Resistance to Death and Madness manip

5: Resistance to fear manipulation from something like this is questionable? I mean, look at it, it´s natural to be scared by it, I´m not going to get resistance to fear manipulation if I see a dinosaur and don´t get scared.

But if it works like that, however, then I guess it can go onto them.

6: Resistance to Magic and elemental attacks is pretty much a no, as most of those come from fodder, and they don´t ignore durability to my knowledge, and when they do come from a comparable character, they do quite a lot of damage.

7: I agree with the empathic manip resistance

8: I can agree with the darkness and holy resistance as they are reasonable enought.

9: I´m glad that wasn´t added already, I totally agree with the hell fire manip, not to the resistance however, for the same reasons I disagree with point 6 (Read a bit above here)

10: Yes to darkness and holy manip for Soma.

11: Wait, he destroyed Chaos on a conceptual level? If so, yeah, Soma can have it.

12: Resistance to mind, soul, etc: Yes, really TBH, it´s very consistent.

13: Per definition, yeah, Chaos should have abstract existance.

Well Malachi is based off of Cthulu who also had that thing about people trying to look at him and going insane, it also has another quote in HoD that says the same thing that with fear, its pretty consistent

Yes they should resist magic since they fight magical enemies and enemies who use magic frequently that's their job them being fodder has nothing to do with it, Arc demons and Elemental Arc demons are powerful demons in the verse and they fight them regularly, also they fight elemental bosses.. Dracula himself uses magic on the belmonts and elemental attacks like when he summoned fire pillars in CV 3, Soma and the Belmonts should resist Hellfire since Dracula literally uses it in his fights and the Flame demon was stated to have hell fires (His soul is literally hellfire too)

Regenerationn Negation, they likely should have it since Demons can just come back due to Dracula and Chaos, but they manage to kill them

Also something i forgot to add was that they should be resistant to possesion likely, seeing as the Castle is also responsible for Quija tables, armor enemies, Poltergeist swords etc.

1: It should just get a "Likely" rating to be safe about the fear resistance then.

2: That´s not how it works, we don´t give Mario resistance to fire from tanking being burned by Bowser, for example.

At best it would just be a minor resistance.

3: I can agree with the Regenerationn negation, just put something like "(Up to Mid-Godly)" onto it.

4: That´s likely consistent, but are there any stuff about them possesing people to begin with?

"Possessed Ouija table." "This blade is as sharp and deadly as the spirit that possesses it."Armor given a mind of its own through evil magic, yet completely empty inside. Slow but extremely powerful." Couldn't find more

Well they should still be resistant to Magic since they fight Dracula who uses Magic and can fight against characters with Magical weapons and Magic for example Julius against Soma, Alucard against Trevor, Juste against Maxim etc.

1: I think the justification is good enought to be added.

2: Again, if it worked like that, Yoshi would get a resistance to magic via tanking Kamek´s attacks, which he doesn´t-

LightinAnt said:
I agree with the immortalities and the abstract stuff, but unless there´s an actual statement of it, the powers related to it should get a "Possibly" rating.

Mid-Godly seems fine, but likely not combat applicable, as it appears that the time he takes to come back is beyond a week.

Definitely agree with the Danmaku

Up to what exactly the intelligence upgrade would go?

I´m fine with mind manip for now, the resistances he should have for now added should just be Mind and Soul manip, unless there are more you want to mention that are still valid (as tanking elemental attacks or magic don´t make you resistant to it).

Just adding a "possibly higher" since he knows stuff that probably even Dracula doesn't or what ever "all others" is meant by

LightinAnt said:
Soma/Dark Lord Soma/Dracula
I´m fine with Soma getting the resistances as those sort of abilities would normally ignore durability otherwise.

He should likely be in a separate profile for simplicity purposes, likely reffered to in a note at the end of Soma and Dracula´s profiles.

Also agree with Dark Lord Soma having powers from Dracula as he is literally Dracula himself, and is even better than ever before. A note saying that this version is not canon should be mentioned to prevent Alucard and those to scale to directly get a Low 2-C rating by scaling for being able to defeat him.

Lastly, for the resistance to demons abilities, unless it´s an actual resistance and not just tanking it, it can´t be applied, he can have resistance to mind and soul manip however, as otherwise he would be defeate die in a few hits, which isn´t the case.

Note castle's influence, Dracula isn't affected by it and i proved it warps, corrupts and controls people inside or near it, him being resistant to Lillith's emphatic manipulation for example should be a logical conclusion

Soma's profile in general is heavily outdated like most CV profiles are, it states there that he went to Dracula's castle in Dawn even though its just a copy made by Celia.

I also would like to say that those at the current "Low 2-C rating should also have an "At least" on it, as it´s possible that they are 2-B via the stuff I pointed out in the previous CRT of the series, but it lacks enought stuff to just make it 2-C anyways, so it would be fitting to just add "At least" onto it.

I mean there are multiple timelines and God should have created the entire verse seeing as the Bible exists and seems to be true, though outside of that we don't have much proof.

Also Matt told me that he agrees with the resistances for all the heroes etc, though he didn't comment after that, so i'm not sure, we need his input badly on some of this stuff

We need an admin to unlock the profiles to update them anyways, and knowning how Matt can be... yeah, it´s going to take a while.

He is the only admin that is knowledgable on Castlevania afaik, so that was a given. And the interest in the verse just isn't there, if this was Dragon ball this would have been a 500 reply long debated topic or with 20 different users giving their thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back