• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Matthew Schroeder said:
They started to push Carol in 2013 when she went from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel... And her first two volumes of comics were actually good. It only started to get really bad when they shaved her hair and gave her a muscled, flat-chested, butch body and started making her lead the Avengers and then Civil War 2 happened.
2013 could've been after the annoucment. Look at N52 Green Arrow which copied a ton of elements from the TV show. Although in case it was like, a preemptive push I guess.

As for her redesign I don't mind it. Not everyone has to have a busty hourglass shape, but I don't read enough Marvel to have an informed opinion on how well written she is. But I have heard a lot of issues with CW2 and similar events.

I wonder if this means her planetary statements are just hype or in Endgame.

There's time travel talk, so maybe she moves the moon on Titan or something. Could also be a binary feat.

She is Binary in the movie. The scenes in the trailer of her with the flaming hair in space flying and shooting beams are her after reaching her true power as Binary.

No like, she moves the moon in Binary form. Not that she unlocks it in Endgame.

I wouldn't call any version of Carol a Mary Sue. Mary Sue refers to a very specific type of character that very few people legitimately fall into.

Rey vs Carol when.

But yeah Mary Sue is a word tossed around so easily. It might not apply to Carol in MCU. Might being the keyword.

Worries me though that even Olsen is unhappy with her.

DMUA said:
You Serious?-1502119321
You Serious?-1502119321

James Joanna Jameson is is the only cure for this...
Gimme one good reason why I shouldn't shoot Matt in the face with a 50 BMG.

That being said, fo' real!?

Ciruno Fortes said:
Rey vs Carol when.

But yeah Mary Sue is a word tossed around so easily. It might not apply to Carol in MCU. Might being the keyword.

Worries me though that even Olsen is unhappy with her.
I mean, it's definition changed a lot with time. Back in tthe day, it was fanfic specific, and now it's less that people misinterpret it's meaning and more that it has no defined meaning, because words definitions simply change.

I tend to go by what this gal explains it to be here, it's pretty agreeable.

Here's the general definition I've heard of the archetype "If the very fabric of the story bends to show how perfect, moral and infallible you are, that's when you are a Mary sue"

To be honest anyone could have seen that "twist" coming, what with the nature of the pet and how prevalent it was in the trailer and its interactions.

This completely invalidates one of the coolest scenes in Captain America 2 when Fury

SPOILER ALERT

Takes off his eyepatch to scan his eye.

No I mean when he does it during the scene, it's cool and badass as the mystery behind how he lost his eye is there. You start speculating about all the cool missions and years of experience because up till that point you've never seen him without the eye patch.

But it turns out he got it from getting scratched by a cat.

Complete and utter let down.

Ah, yeah.

At least we got another weir trailer out of it (the video called weird trailer), that makes it worth it.

Not to Disney. They commited finencial seppuku on this film the moment they brought politics on it, and then started kicking the dead horse with stuff like "she is the strongest here."

I watched the movie.

TBF I was expecting feminist propaganda.

Instead, Brie Larson doesn't shine out as the protag more than Nick Fury or her other pals TBF. Could even get him a profile soon enough.

Spoiler Shit

LOL, Goose scratching Nick's eye out must've been an embarrasment for him to even say it out loud. Them finding out that Nick lost an eye to a cat would be hilarious in and out of itself.

Back