• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Marvel Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
  • The Iron Man armour used doesn't have any Massively FTL+ scaling
  • The note on Thor's page says he "can limit his speed if he wants to, which should be considered before scaling other characters to him". The stuff on Carol's Speed section don't seem strong enough to support any scaling to Thor's Massively FTL+ feats, when he could've easily been holding back and not using that level of speed in those instances
Note that, much like his strength and durability, Thor can limit his speed if he wants to, which should be considered before scaling other characters to him.
There is a Relativistic+ calc of Captain Marvel flying from Mars to Earth in 17 minutes that was accepted by Amelia Lonelyheart before she left, which would at the very least give her "Relativistic+ flight speed"

Last edited:
This seems to make sense to me, but I thought that Captain Marvel can fly over interstellar distances quite quickly, which requires Massively FTL+ flight speed at least.

This seems to make sense to me, but I thought that Captain Marvel can fly over interstellar distances quite quickly, which requires Massively FTL+ flight speed at least.
Huh, I never knew about that. Cool if that's true. I can edit the op to include it if there is a scan

I am not interested in the current incarnation of the character, so I cannot confirm. Sorry. Further information would be appreciated.

She should still have Massively FTL+ flight speed for other reasons yeah.
But yeah, I don't think anyone should scale from Thor's Massively FTL+ combat speed unless he fights seriously; such as the characters with 3-C scaling. None of those Iron Man models really have combat speed comparable to the flight speed of that other model that ones had it.
I agree with the combat speed downgrade for now though, but where she lands I'm unsure.

I’m fine with knocking her down to Sub-Relativistic combat speed and Relativistic+ flight speed unless someone brings up evidence to the contrary.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.
I’m fine with knocking her down to Sub-Relativistic combat speed and Relativistic+ flight speed unless someone brings up evidence to the contrary.
Yes, I also think that we need some explicit evidence for MFTL+ flight speed for her base level. Otherwise your stated solution is probably fine.

So can the changes be applied yet?
Well, I would much prefer considerably more input here first, but if most of my got-to members for input do not wish to help out here, we may have to apply this without them. I do not like that solution though, so let's wait for a while to see if the members who have responded in this thread agree or not first.

There is not much I can do other than agreeing with the OP, and the other user's suggestions before me

Tho I found certain odditities outside of this, like.. 5B multiple iron man armors...

Well, I suppose that what has been accepted here can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back