• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Atom Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the speed rating for Captain Atom is too low, FTL for one of the most powerful hero in DC just doesnt feel right.

Green Lanterns have Massive FTL+ speed

Defeated Hal Jorda

Captain Atom tagged the Black Racer not once , but twice

Knocked out an alternate Martian Manhunter

Seized Flash while he was running

Travels from Earth to the edge of the universe in a short amount of time, outpacing the expansion of the universe (n52)

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111245244/5266313-1.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111245244/5266314-2.jpg

As Monarch-

Stomped three green lanterns

Fought an amped Superman Prime

Stomped Red Son Superman, Classic Superman and Chris Kent

He should also have magic and mind manipulation resistance.He's was said to be an "anti-magic" and resisted mind manip from a witch Mordru admitted he was powerless against

I think that this makes sense. If I remember correctly our Captain Atom page is of shoddy quality.

I also think that maybe he should have a seperate key as Monarch after absorbing 51 alternate versions of himself

Also why is Superboy Prime's 2nd key only 3-A? He fought an amped Monarch so that couldnt be right

@TheSandman31 they are severely low balling Superboy Prime if you give them any greater feats than multi universe+ they will call it an outlier

Ex him torturing a depowered Mr. Myxplk (may have spelt that wrong) which is at least low Multiverse but I digress.

Well, having the 2nd key of Superboy-Prime as 3-A doesnt make sense because Atom is low 2-C and Monarch is like Captain Atom on steroids.

So either we downgrade Atom or upgrade Supe-Boy

Well, I suppose that you have a point about Superboy Prime scaling to Low 2-C, but again, it is best to ask Matthew to comment here.

However, Monarch's entire power was only sufficient to destroy a single universe, so any higher ranking than that for him does not make much sense.

Maybe At least low 2-C could work

I already informed him about this thread and about Orion's Astro-Force

Can Captain Atom's exact speed be quantified with a calc or anything? We're using it for a versus matchup and as of now Atom's opponent, who is atleast 54 quadrillion times FTL, blitzes. Now if Atom seized The Flash while he was running, then Atom blitzes.

Hard to tell what feat we can use to base his speed off of. Captain Atom, for his ungodly power, isn't very popular around these parts. Of course, we can just scale him to Superman and the Green Lanterns.

Yeah, I think maybe he should be as fast as them considering that he stomped 3 lanterns as Monarch and has fought and defeated Hal Jordan

Okay, then that change is good to go. What do you think about Prime scaling to Monarch at Low 2-C?

Though, I think Captain Atom should have a seperate key for his 2-C since his other showings are usually lower than that and his universe creation feat happened in the quantum field

He usually limits himself to lower power levels

That may be a good idea. Although I think that creating a universe could be either Low 2-C or 3-A, depending on how the feat was portrayed.

I believe that it is low 2-C, it was said to be similar to the original timeline and even contains its own versions of superheroes, I think it was also shown to have its own version of The Spectre

Well, I agree that it neeeds major improvements.

You should preferably ask Matthew to comment here again.

We might need a 4-B key for Captain Atom's normal rating, and either 3-A or Low 2-C for his most powerful incarnations, depending on if he simply created universal explosions, or space-time itself.

He should be low 2-C in the quantum field, he didnt create his universe in the physical realm but in the realm that fuels his power

Also, he almost destroyed the wildstorm universe, killed Jenny Quantum, though thats becauseof the Void reaction Apollo set off in his body

Okay. The problem stemming from that is that full power Superboy Prime should probably also scale to Low 2-C from Monarch in that case, and Pre-Crisis Superman and Supergirl should probably scale from him.

Well, Prime survived all of Monarch's energy erupting point blank, but I suppose that we could use TheSandman31's option.

Okay. Is anybody willing to update the Captain Atom and Superboy-Prime pages?

I can temporarily unlock them, if you wish.

Before I do this, let's clarify something. Monarch is Low 2-C because he scales to Prime? If so, what did Prime do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back