• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Atom Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an entire debate about it. Basically, he has multiple feats of scaling from Pre-Crisis Superman, affected the entire DC universe with his 'retcon punches' and planned to trigger a Big Bang by slamming himself onto Oa (and be the only survivor)

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1442460

The thread was closed, but there was an agreement on base Prime being "Likely 3A"

Can you edit it or at least give me a list of scans I can link to for Prime's profile? I don't want to read the whole thread.

edit: His profile is locked. I guess we have to call an admin to help us out again.

I will unlock Captain Atom and Prime again.

Monarch destroyed a universe in the Countdown series, yes.

Okay, although if you upgraded his regular statistics as well, you will need to adjust Sodam Yat accordingly.

I will unlock Prime's page again, so you can add the scans.

So, the Superboy-Prime and Sodam Yat pages have been updated, but the Captain Atom profile is still mostly unchanged.

Is anybody willing to improve on it?

Since it was accepted that Superboy-Prime is comparable to Pre Crisis Superman, i think that the "Likely" in the profile can be deleted at this point.

Antvasima I had time to waste, if you want i could help in update his profile.

Just Universe level+. It is probably also good to give Captain Atom a "base" key statistic of Solar System level, by scaling from the other top tier DC superheroes.

I will remove "likely" from Prime and Sodam Yat.

Antvasima said:
Just Universe level+. It is probably also good to give Captain Atom a "base" key statistic of Solar System level, by scaling from the other top tier DC superheroes.
So something like this?

Key: Base | Unrestricted | Monarch

Yes. Exactly.

A picture of Monarch would also be preferable.

I have done so, and cleaned up the profile a bit as well.

Should I lock the page and close this thread?

Antvasima said:
I have done so, and cleaned up the profile a bit as well.
Should I lock the page and close this thread?
Yes, at this point there is nothing else of actual importance to add in the profile.

@TheSandman31

Please remind me about why those abilities should be added.

Magic resistance and time travel are fine to add, but I do not see any independent psychic powers at work in your scans, and he was also defeated by the Martian Manhunter.

I dont remember him being beaten by Martian Manhunter, maybe you're referring to the n52 version of Captain Atom? I remember Martian Manhunter even got KOd by Quantum Radiation once

Okay. You can add all of the mentioned abilities then.

Manhunter trapped Post-Flashpoint Atom in a dream if I remember correctly.

Okay. I will lock the profile and close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back