• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah. In case my semi joke didn't give it away, Captian America should take this.

The only think Eevee has on Captian is Danmaku, Sound Manipulation, and AP, and that's literally it (Also not that big as Cap is 333 Tons)

Captian absolutely crushes in terms of sheer intelligent and fighting ability, and the skill gap is more then enough to give him a serious edge.

Danmaku gets hard countered by his shield (Which has 4B Dura) and any form of successful shield throws or shield bashes will do serious damage and with the skill gap he'll do more then enough damage with those moves to take the cute bigger down

Voting Cap

I'm just gonna say this.

Seeing the symbol of USA beating up on a small little fox-like animal has to be the most displeasing of sights to behold.

(Pokemon avatar'd user voting Pokmon in a match that just entered grace period. Whew. I feel a bit guilty, but anyway....)(Also, wait, what? Speed isn't equalized?)

"First form Pokemon and second forms of Baby Pokemon, along with the four aforementioned excluded baby Pokemon should be Multi-City Block level+ scaling from Pikachu."

Pikachu is scaled to Horsea. Horsea 's page:

Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level+ (Can create tornado-like winds)

"Energy produced by a Tornado/Energy to produce a Tornado: 3e+12 J / 717.017208413 Tons of TNT, Multi-City Block level+"

Is Eevee not scaled to Horsea? I'd assume it is.

Schnee One said: "The only think Eevee has on Captian is Danmaku, Sound Manipulation, and AP, and that's literally it (Also not that big as Cap is 333 Tons)"

I understand & readily accept Captain America's shield being 4-B in Durability. I know it's vibranium, mostly nigh-indestructible & he fights all kinds of super bad guys with it.

But if Eevee does scale to Pokemon with scaling to feats of 717 tons of TNT AP, I don't think 333 tons is going to cut it.

Also, this isn't accounting for Adaptability, which boosts moves of Eevee's type. The value the games use is it changes STAB from a 1.5* to a 2* multiplier. So depending on interpretation, if we account for it, it's 33.33% extra, or a 100% extra boost to all of Eevee's attacks that aren't Bite.

Next up, said Danmaku is Swift, which is a Homing Attack; If Eevee aims for Captain America with it, I'd think it's more likely the projectiles are going to go for Cap than his shield.

There's also the matter of Cap losing to knock-out/incapacitation if he observes Eevee using Yawn, as it will put him to sleep shortly after use; By SBA, combatants are willing to use any means necessary to win, but they aren't bloodlusted.

Ergo, if Eevee does put him to sleep, only Pokemon being naturally hardwired for battle & maybe inexperience would persuade it to attack & potentially wake up Cap. It's not entirely stupid, & leaving a sleeping opponent is definitely an option.

Intelligence: Above basic instinctual normally. Above average in battling, as Pokémon are naturally hardwired for battle.

Heck, one of Eevee's main abilities is Run Away; It probably would be quite able, maybe even willing to flee from a sleeping Cap.

(Why Eevee doesn't have Precognition or Instinctive Reaction or ANYTHING listed for Anticipation (Alerts it to Super-Effective, OHKO, & Self-Destruction moves.) nor Perception (A Pokemon Conquest ability, described as): "Allows it to sense attacks from its allies and evade them." is beyond me.)

Then there's Eevee's Statistics Manipulation. Baby-Dolls is a priority (Normally almost always moves first.) Physical ATK reduction move that'll work if Cap sees Eevee's eyes, Growl is an endearing Growl that reduces ATK, Charm is a charming gaze that more severely reduces Physical ATK, & Tail Whip is just Eevee wagging its tail to be cute, which drops the foe's Physical Defenses.

Supposing they're sufficient to get past his resistance to Empathic Manipulation, just looking at or hearing Eevee could drop Cap's stats, & I question that he actually has an AP advantage to begin with!

Another issue if his resistance failed is Covet.

• Covet: The user endearingly approaches the target, then steals the target's held item.
If that succeeded, Eevee could maybe actually steal the shield. Maybe unlikely, though.

Eevee also has another priority ATK in Quick Attack, which would be boosted by Adaptability.

There's the matter of if Eevee has a Z-Crystal & the means to use Extreme Evoboost, which would raise all its stats (By about 2x.).

If we're accounting for Egg Moves, Curse is a way for Eevee to amp its physical stats at the cost of its speed, Fake Tears is Empathic Manipulation Statistics Reduction for special/non-physical defenses, Tickle can drop ATK & DEF, & Wish is a slow form of healing.

Eevee's main issues are using less effective stuff like Tackle, Take Down & Double Edge (Tackle is... lacklustre, the other 2 because recoil.) or Trump Card. But I'm not sure "Above basic instinctual normally. Above average in battling" INT would so readily misuse its abilities, &, AFAIK, the recoil is based on damage inflicted; I'm not sure hitting the shield would do as much recoil as to Eevee as it would if the attack hit Cap instead.

And I'm very sure I didn't take into account all the moves.

Sorry about all the words.

Oh. My mistake. Apologies. Still, I'd argue that some of the "FRA" votes have less valid premises on the grounds of "Danmaku gets hard countered by his shield (Which has 4B Dura)", given that Swift is a homing attack & probably wouldn't be aimed/homing at the shield, but the wielder.

There's also the matter of if Anticipation wouldn't alert it to the danger of the shield; If it really is so much higher, it may qualify as an OHKO move to be alerted about by Anticipation.

(Also, Yawn, Wish, & Extreme Evoboost, as mentioned above.)

Pardon me & all that. (Wish I'd known about this earlier.)

There's also a lot wrong with your assumption Captian America, I mean no offense. But....

333 Tons to 717 is borderline minute, it's a bit over a 2x difference in attack potency, which doesn't even come close to our standards of tanking attacks, and to top that off, Captian America is capable of damaging characters much higher in tier then him, see the Far Higher listed on his profile.

Eevee's statistics amps will not be of use of Captian America frequently attacks using his shield, which is far stronger then Eevee in physical strength as well.

Also, there's a massive misunderstanding with the shield in the following quote.

I'm not sure hitting the shield would do so much recoil as to Eevee as it would if the attack hit Cap instead

Here's the problem, it does not recook back, Vibranium absorbs the kinetic energy of damage, so no form of recoil would hit Cap if he blocks with the shield.

Also, I ask that you actually read the blog I posted above, because it appears many of the abilities aforementioned that Eevee would do such as "Stealing the shield" are answered/corrected in the above

Yes, I noticed I made a couple of errors a bit after posting. (Also, it may be more than 333 vs 717, due to Adaptability, which is times 1.33 to 2x. So possibly 953.61 to 1432 tons, but that's still only a bit over 4 times, at most. All of Eevee's stats would double if it used Extreme Evoboost also. Curse could also up its AP/Durability, at the cost of its speed.)

@Schnee One: I wasn't saying it'd damage Cap if Eevee hit the shield. I was saying it'd do more recoil damage to EEVEE if Take Down or Double Edge hit Captain America, compared to recoil damage to Eevee from hitting the shield.

If a Pokemon uses a recoil damage move like Take Down or Double Edge, that Pokemon's move inflicts recoil damage to that Pokemon itself, based on how much damage was done; Cap would probably take more damage than his nigh invincible shield, so Eevee would receive more recoil for hitting Cap with those moves.

(Also, that blog is very nice & informative, although I have to leave for work in about 20 minutes. Does it address if Cap has anything to deal with Sleep Manipulation/Status Effect Inducement? I don't think Yawn is a drug, & I'm not sure if it counts as Magic-based or Mind Control.)

(I do appreciate your efforts in conversing with me about this, in spite of the post grace period state of this match. Thank you for that!)

If it's over 4x, that should be noted on her profile as that's Low 7C.

Ah it seems I misread, apologies

About status effect inducement, as pointed out prior, the shield itself will likely not be effected and does damage to people in a much higher tier then cap, so status reduction for him alone isn't a problem

I am unsure of how he handles sleep, but with everything noted by both me and the blog I Stop believe he takes this, albeit with higher difficulty then I assumed prior

Status Effect Inducement on the shield, what? If you mean Covet to steal it....

• Covet: The user endearingly approaches the target, then steals the target's held item.
Not really Status Effect Inducement.

Unless you count Bite's chance to flinch, other than Yawn, Eevee doesn't have other Status Effect Inducement, & that just causes beings who observe it (Not Sound-based, apparently; Soundproof doesn't stop it.) to fall asleep shortly after.

As for Adaptability's Boost, it only applies to Eevee's moves that are the same type as it (Normal-type. So everything but the Dark-type move Bite.) & in game it modifies STAB. We definitely treat the ability & its boost as canon, but STAB is often considered game mechanics. So how we treat how much it boosts may be related to that.

That said, Covet, Growl, Baby-Doll Eyes, Tail Whip & Charm will all only work if they get past Cap's Resistance to Empathic Manipulation. ('course, they're based on the user's cuteness, & Eevee is pretty cute. Lol, just fooling around. Not entirely serious.)

In any case, I assume you'd probably change your vote to Captain America, Low-Medium Difficulty or the like, then?

(Anyway, GtG to work now. BBL!)

Stealing the shield is useless as Captian has a magnet that specifically attracts vibrainum, so Covet cannot steal it

Status effect is useless because of the tier of his shield, I don't see if there was something I could have said?

AnonymousBlank said:
Does comics Cap have a magnet for his shield? I don't remember this
Yes he has one. he also has a energy shield that can be expanded into a full forcefield IIRC.

But I don't think you have ever read a comic though.

Schnee One said:
Stealing the shield is useless as Captian has a magnet that specifically attracts vibrainum, so Covet cannot steal it
Status effect is useless because of the tier of his shield, I don't see if there was something I could have said?
His shield being 4-B prevents him from being affected by Status Effects passed on by observation, including supernaturally induced drowsyness? I thought tier didn't affect hax?

Cap does regularly fight against Status Effect Inducement users so...

You're misunderstanding what I mean

Yes, Cap will be status induced, but the higher tier on the shield still keeps it relevant as it can do damage to people in a higher tier anyway

Also his stamina and the super soldier serum make getting sick kinda moot so I'm pretty sure drowsiness isn't a problem

Possibly. I mean, your reasoning has basis, but has he shown resistance to Sleep Manipulation? Nonetheless, supposing he he falls asleep, what stops an attacker from just not ramming into the shield? Is the shield automated?

Ramming into the shield gets damage absorbed

No he doesn't to sleep Manipulation but at this point I feel like with literally every point I discussed sleep Manipulation alone isn't really going to give a win for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back