• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can we add the MCU iterations of Molten Man and Hydroman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
*Spoilers*

I ask this because, despite being fake, they do have 'lore' and significant feats attributed to them, (With Molten Man particularly having a potentially Planet-level or Multi-Continental feat).

I've seen some verses like American McGee's Alice and Slyrim, which have profiles for seemingly fictional-in-their-verse characters, so I was wondering if it was possible to do so.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
I don't think Molten Man should be multi continent or planet level because that could have been easily one of Mysterio's lies to manipulate Peter
He was stated to be Multi-Continental according to the made up lore Mysterio had. Mysterio's statements are the entire basis for the capabilities of the Elementals

We could have a have a key for their actual potency called "illusion" and one called "Molten Man" which will have to include a note that says something like:

Note: The Molten Man key is based on Mysterio's own in universe story and is not to be confused with the illusions generated by him in the movie.

They never actually were that level though. We can't make profiles based on feats which never actually happened.

@Gyro I think what Zark is trying to explain is we have profiles for characters who are just in-universe stories and is asking if this could apply this to Mysterio's own interpretation (or story) of the elementals, which are separate from the illusions entirely.

The elementals being completely made up is an important plot point, so making profiles for them seems weird. What in-verse fictional stories do we have here?

I don't know any myself, but Zark mentioned some in the OP.

I'm aware, and still don't think it's allowed. Not sure about the context of those other in-universe stories and if it matches with the context here, but I think the closest example would be King from One-Punch Man. He's a hero stated to be able to shake the Earth, fight against God level threats (monsters that threaten all of humanity) and is claimed to be the strongest man alive. The catch? None of these are true, they're all fictional stories made up about him and King has proven on multiple occasions that he's only as strong as an ordinary human, so it doesn't make any sense not to rate him as human level.

The main difference here is that unlike King's statements, Elements show legitimate feats and abilities that are potrayed with reasonable logic, and again, verses like American McGee's Alice have keys for "Dreamworld" versions of the characters, which are events which did not happen in actuality of the game's event. I think this situation would be analogous to the Mysterio case

Legitimate how? That they're theoretically plausible? That doesn't matter if they're not true in the first place, although for argument's sake we never see their feats outside of a simulation, likely based off of Mysterio's statements.

Seems to me like Alice only has that key because the majority of her game takes place in that setting. This other setting doesn't even exist for the elementals because it was all just an elaborate lie from Beck.

We can definitively see Hydro-Man and Molten-Man's destruction caused in the real world, and the only statement we'll be using from Mysterio's lore would be Molten Man's eventual Multi-Continental feat, rest are legitimately attributed to the Elementals.

Majority of Spider-Man: Far From Home is the Elemental stuff, so I'd consider it a significant enough part of the film.

Mysterio is clearly lying when he says that they're a planetary threat in order to gain trust over the gravity of the situation. Like how he says the cloud monster is "An avengers Level threat"

They could never perform those feats, they are based entirely off lies

Disagree with profiles for them.

Hydro Man and Molten Man's destruction in the real world likely didn't go past 8-C, which is their "current" ratings. And even that's just done by drones anyway.

The only confirmed planetary threat is the amped Molten Man and amalgam Elemental, but fine, I suppose. I can get the profiles on JBW or whatever.

I would also prefer if we avoid adding non-characters, especially for prominent franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back