• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Someone Explain why Sonic being Low 2-C is an Outlier

So ive noticed that you guys consider Sonic beating Solaris and Time Eater major outliers in Sonic's career but the question i have to ask is why is that considered an outlier because i don't recall you guys ever explaining the reason.....So yeah that's all i wanna know

From Solaris page: The Fight with Sonic, Shadow, and Silver at the end of Sonic 06 is considered an outlier and can't be scaled to those three characters due to the next game when Super Sonic passed out from exhaustion against Dark Gaia and numerous other vastly lower level showings for the super forms.

Finalhazard, Metal Overlord and Imperator Ix. Also i have to note that Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed was easily trapped by Eggman, who used his power to awaken Dark Gaia.

Okay but what did Sonic struggle against in the Finalhazard and Metal Overlord fights i don't recall anything that contradicts Sonic being universal happening in those fights unless i'm missing something also note i'm not trying to upgrade Sonic to Low 2-C i feel like he's perfectly fine where he currently stands

All the threats that Super Sonic fought (except for Time Eater and Solaris) were not considered to be universal threats and Super Shadow, who is considered Super Sonic equal did tire and fall down to the earth in Sonic Adventure 2.

There is already a Discussion Rule about this and it says: Do not attempt to upgrade the game version of Sonic the Hedgehog to tier Low 2-C, or Immeasurable speed, based on his feats of battling the Time Eater or Solaris. These are generally massive oddities compared with his normal statistics, and thus are seen as significant outliers, as has been discussed repeatedly, so we can close the argument.

But back on the other thread a rule about refraining from upgrading super forms to tier 2 overall was going to be added.

Back