• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Reaction Speed be used to find KE?

Looking at the Rhedosaurus page and seeing how his Ap is based on a KE calc that's using his Reaction Speed rather than conventional running/travel speed made me wonder, is using a character's reaction speed to find their KE even applicable? Not just for Rhedosaurus, but for any character/KE calculation?

That I believe cannot, since that is Calc Stacking. For example...

A man fires a gunshot at someone, who dodges it. Said speed of the one who dodged it would apply to everyone else who can jeep up with said person, but it is flawed because it was meant to be reaction speed, not their true movement speed.

Just by using the stat on the page? No.

But that stat is based on some feat and if that feat can be used to calc AP within our standards one can use that.

And another thing that's off about the kinetic energy Calc that's on Rhedosaurus's page is that it assumes he can move his entire 500 ton body at 265 ft./s because he dodged a Bazooka round, but when you watch the clip of him dodging the Bazooka round You can tell that's not what happened, he simply moved his head out of the way of the Bazooka Round, not his entire body out of the way. I don't see how that translates to him being able to move his entire 500 ton mass at 265 Feet per second.

So I personally think that The kinetic energy calculation on his page is false/cannot be used. What do you guys think about it?

This is pretty much a similar case with Balloon Fighter. Just because he is Massively Hypersonic in reaction speed does NOT mean he should get KE from that, for that is calc stacking. I have a gut feeling that Rhedosaurus may get downgraded, if thats the case.

Oh yea, if enough people agree with his KE being false then he'll definitely get downgraded since he doesn't seem to have any other Blatant 8-C feats. Whoever supports his page should probably go back to the movie and find out a way to calculate his actual running/travel speed to get a real accurate KE result for him.

If he doesn't have any other showings of moving as fast as a bazooka round/something similar then he probably should be downgraded.

Back