• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers EMH Reaction Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes characters, such as Hulk are listed as having Relativistic+ combat speed with FTL reactions. However, I think this is flat out false. First off, both these stats come from the same feat. The Relativistic+ comes from the speed of Cap dodging the laser, the FTL comes from the time it took him to react. However, if I'm not mistaken, based off the speed page, the time it took cap to react is simply his perception speed. The distanced he moved is his reaction speed. So this means all EMH characters that are currently listed as Relativistic+ combat speed with FTL reactions should be downgraded to just Relativistic+ combat speed and reactions.

For further evidence/explanation, this calc resulted in Komaru having Relativistic+ reactions based off the distance she moved, not the time it took her to react

Tbh, the calc itself is kinda bunk, since it gives no evidence that what Cap dodged a realistic light-based laser, unless there's something in the episode itself that suggests this

But I guess this should be okay. I'll wait for more input though

Tbh, the calc itself is kinda bunk, since it gives no evidence that what Cap dodged a realistic light-based laser, unless there's something in the episode itself that suggests this

You're right actually. I've heard other people claim it's plasma. I may look and see if I can find any other feats on this level

I've looked, and the best feats aside from blasts and stuff, I'm only seeing Supersonic feats. Like Hulk's thunderclap, and Ironman catching up to a ship that was moving at 800 mph. So the verse is at least that fast. But I'm not seeing anything else suggested Relativistic+. There is lots of blast dodging, but I've not seen any evidence that any of these are light. So I might be onboard with downgrading the speed of the verse entirely unless we can find more evidence backing the current rating

I've looked, and the best feats aside from blasts and stuff, I'm only seeing Supersonic feats. Like Hulk's thunderclap, and Ironman catching up to a ship that was moving at 800 mph. So the verse is at least that fast. But I'm not seeing anything else suggested Relativistic+. There is lots of blast dodging, but I've not seen any evidence that any of these are light. So I might be onboard with downgrading the speed of the verse entirely unless we can find more evidence backing the current rating
Thor does have a Massively Hypersonic feat and Maverick Zero X requested calcs for these feats

Thor does have a Massively Hypersonic feat and Maverick Zero X requested calcs for these feats
Oh ok! The Thor feat does say that it's just flight speed, and not combat or reaction speed, but, from my understanding, travel speed generally inherently translates to combat speed since you can attack while traveling

Also, I'd love to do those calcs! Do calcs in that thread have to be done by calc group members? Also, how fast are gamma blasts?

Oh ok! The Thor feat does say that it's just flight speed, and not combat or reaction speed, but, from my understanding, travel speed generally inherently translates to combat speed since you can attack while traveling
On many occasions, yes. Pretty sure Thor would count for that
Also, I'd love to do those calcs! Do calcs in that thread have to be done by calc group members? Also, how fast are gamma blasts?
Nah, any user can do them. Lightspeed, from what I remember

On many occasions, yes. Pretty sure Thor would count for that

Nah, any user can do them. Lightspeed, from what I remember
I'll get on them then! Also, did some looking, and yeah, gamma travels at lightspeed. The calcs might take a bit, as the Thor and Iron man dodge in a separate frame, so finding distance would be hard, if possible. And the Black Panther one looks like it would require angsize calculating, which I have no experience with yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back