• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how does reaction speed work in a verse where almost 100% of humans can process information faster than even nowadays' best computers

Hello everyone I was wondering that because I think the verse Scarlet Nexus as well as it's Main characters and enemies/bosses might deserve their own page. but before that I thought It'd first be fair to determine the bare minimum level of speed for weakest characters from that verse: normal citizens. Context: we live in a world where humanity evolved a lot (and we're at least 2020 years (likely a lot more) after our era) but not just technologically, humans became mentally and psychically a lot stronger and 99,9% of the population has a psychic power. In addition to that, a person who's specialized in technological related things state PCs can only be found among antique dealers or other things of that kind because they're described as a obsolete thing since a long time ago due to the fact human brain power, processing speed and calculation abilities far exceeded ones of any PC (so only collectors have them but just for fun: they have no concrete utility).

That statement made me wonder: if 99.9% of the population (civilians included) is "cerebrally" superior to even the best PC we have nowadays and since they can mentally perform more tasks than a PC and process information faster, does it mean they have a faster reaction speed? And if yes how much faster should they be compered to a normal person from the real world iyo? My knowledge is limited but I found an article that states our conscious mind can treat 40 to 50 bits of information per second. So, how much faster can a PC theorically react compared to a normal human (preferably we should use the very best supercalculator on earth because it is safe to assume normal PCs from several millenniums after our era can easily perform at that speed)? And if we manage to find a ratio between current normal person and current best PC will it also apply to the reaction speed of normal citizens from scarlet nexus?

Also do not hesitate to tell it if I should move that to the calc group discussion. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone I was wondering that because I think the verse Scarlet Nexus as well as it's Main characters and enemies/bosses might deserve their own page. but before that I thought It'd first be fair to determine the bare minimum level of speed for weakest characters from that verse: normal citizens. Context: we live in a world where humanity evolved a lot (and we're at least 2020 years (likely a lot more) after our era) but not just technologically, humans became mentally and psychically a lot stronger and 99,9% of the population has a psychic power. In addition to that, a person who's specialized in technological related things state PCs can only be found among antique dealers or other things of that kind because they're described as a obsolete thing since a long time ago due to the fact human brain power, processing speed and calculation abilities far exceeded ones of any PC (so only collectors have them but just for fun: they have no concrete utility).

That statement made me wonder: if 99.9% of the population (civilians included) is "cerebrally" superior to even the best PC we have nowadays and since they can mentally perform more tasks than a PC and process information faster, does it mean they have a faster reaction speed? And if yes how much faster should they be compered to a normal person from the real world iyo? My knowledge is limited but I found an article that states our conscious mind can treat 40 to 50 bits of information per second. So, how much faster can a PC theorically react compared to a normal human (preferably we should use the very best supercalculator on earth because it is safe to assume normal PCs from several millenniums after our era can easily perform at that speed)? And if we manage to find a ratio between current normal person and current best PC will it also apply to the reaction speed of normal citizens from scarlet nexus?

Also do not hesitate to tell it if I should move that to the calc group discussion. Thanks in advance!
A computer can proceed 1,000,000,000 (billion) bits per second.
There you go.
Hope this is helping.

Thanks a lot for your reply. And sorry for the time I took to reply myself: I was kinda not expecting someone to reply ^^.

So basically if humans are at 50 bits/s does it mean normal civilians in scarlet nexus should have a reaction speed that is at least 20 000 000 of times faster than normal humans in the real world?

Thanks a lot for your reply. And sorry for the time I took to reply myself: I was kinda not expecting someone to reply ^^.

So basically if humans are at 50 bits/s does it mean normal civilians in scarlet nexus should have a reaction speed that is at least 20 000 000 of times faster than normal humans in the real world?
I think that very blatant, so yes.

Came across this while perusing. Hey Jeunne, I think you'll be happy to know the page has been made.
Working to get scans and references in as well as formatting the pages. And Naomi needs an Other key. But it is up.

As usual you guys did an awesome job! And yeah that's pretty much what I anticipated: I estimated they (most characters) were around large building level and were pretty fast for their AP. Thank you again for all that work ^^

Back