• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can IB negate servants?

Could the Imagine Breaker negate the servants, considering that they are not natural beings but spirits? If so, would the fights between Touma and servants always be a stomp?

Logically, yes, it would, due to it being vastly superior to the known potency of most Servants.

On the other hand, the ultimate form of anti-magic known in the Nasuverse, Rule Breaker, only nullifies the contract between a Servant and Master and transfers control over to Caster, even after directly stabbing a Servant in the chest.

I would lean towards yes, if only because Imagine Breaker's feats are greater, but the answer is a bit muddy.

As for your second question, no. The vast majority of Servants have ways of getting around Imagine Breaker, be it blitzing Touma, sniping him, or just dodging Imagine Breaker.

Yes, IB would negate Servants. Its more potent than any anti-magic in Nasuverse. Not even the Magic Gods can get rid of IB.

Rule Breaker works differently than IB, though, as Rule Breaker just severs contracts, while IB nullifies all things supernatural.

@Prom

Straight from the official materials:

"In other words, contracts formed from prana are wiped clean, and life forms created from prana are forcibly sublimated."

Servants are obviously created from mana due to their spiritual bodies, but they aren't outright negated.

Though, I agree. My answer is still yes due to IB's feats.

Must've missed that, then. Nice job for Rule Breaker then.

Would a fight between Touma and servants always be a stomp

Assuming speed is Unequal, yes. For the servants.

Assuming speed is Equal, even though he can negate them and one shot them, all of the servants can easily do the same considering his own physical stats and they're far more likely to get a hit in do to their absolutely ridiculous skill gap between 99% of them and Touma.

If you were asking if it was a stomp, yes, if a stomp for Touma, heck no.

I guess?

But it's a marginal difference, any close range servant worth their salt would absolutely chew Touma up, they need one hit with anything. Touma needs one hit with his right hand.

He's a street fighter with some skill, Servants are ancient warriors who have slayed entire armies.

He can kill them in one hit, but he's hilariously outclassed in everything.

Ok, thank you very much to everyone who answered, I think this thread may already be closed.

I mean, some servants work with Science tho, so don't know if it would work on them. Also Demi-Servants, don't know if it would work on them

Now there is also the question of it he could negate authority

Even though some of them use science, they will still be spirits, so IB negates them as well, and science is a vague term, especially because Touma negates the powers of espers in the same way as magic, and they are based on science.

I do not know what Demi-servants or authority are, so nothing to comment on them.

Yes, is the servant in question a bunch of magic energy grouped together, yes, poof.

If speed is unequal, whether the fight is curbstomp depends on the servants, casters are generally curbstomped into the ground, cause they are generally shit fighters (with some that could fly, but I gurantee they would run out of energy before Touma run out of stamina).

Close range is fuzzy, it depends on the skill of the servant, ideally if they are good hand to hand they can curbstomp Touma. Weapon experts are ironically terrible, cause they are easier for touma to catch. For example Li shuwen can catch touma's right arm and proceed to punch him to death, or Moesashi can cut down Touma easily enough, but good old saber or the gorilla, puuuuuuu. Overall, japanese and other asian martial arts servants have really high chance of beating him.

Long range servants? Not possible, here is a pair of boxing gloves, you can join us in the real world and fight like real man. Seriously don't bother, most range servants pull way too much distance against Touma, with Touma you want to get close and dirty to restrict the processing time of precog, too far away, the sniping would never work.

Gargoyle One said:
I guess?
But it's a marginal difference, any close range servant worth their salt would absolutely chew Touma up, they need one hit with anything. Touma needs one hit with his right hand.

He's a street fighter with some skill, Servants are ancient warriors who have slayed entire armies.

He can kill them in one hit, but he's hilariously outclassed in everything.
Your mistake is that Touma's battle record is already far beyond any servants.

He can also fight against armies,several times.

He survived from opponents far beyond servants,sometimes even magic gods.

He has beaten a lot of opponents which can be top servants tier or even above.

Accelerator also only need one hit with anything,but suffered 3 defeats in a row.

Funny enough, you can also say that ReCreators' creations, including Altair, would be weak to Touma's IB, because they're technically supernatural in nature, especially Altair. So if that were really the case, Touma would practically one-shot Altair if he was given an opening, but ofc that's not likely happening cause she'd **** him over with all sorts of stuff and not let him get close.

P.S. sry for necroing the thread, but I was searching all over recently for a thread like this.

Andrew48 said:
Yes, is the servant in question a bunch of magic energy grouped together, yes, poof.

If speed is unequal, whether the fight is curbstomp depends on the servants, casters are generally curbstomped into the ground, cause they are generally shit fighters (with some that could fly, but I gurantee they would run out of energy before Touma run out of stamina).

Close range is fuzzy, it depends on the skill of the servant, ideally if they are good hand to hand they can curbstomp Touma. Weapon experts are ironically terrible, cause they are easier for touma to catch. For example Li shuwen can catch touma's right arm and proceed to punch him to death, or Moesashi can cut down Touma easily enough, but good old saber or the gorilla, puuuuuuu. Overall, japanese and other asian martial arts servants have really high chance of beating him.

Long range servants? Not possible, here is a pair of boxing gloves, you can join us in the real world and fight like real man. Seriously don't bother, most range servants pull way too much distance against Touma, with Touma you want to get close and dirty to restrict the processing time of precog, too far away, the sniping would never work.
Touma would have to be extremely lucky to squeeze in just a touch with his right hand to win, so it's very dicey, but still more in favor for Servants due to their overall potency and skillsets. Also, Touma isn't exactly a lucky dude, so idk about that.

To give some benefit of doubt, if I'm not mistaken, he has survived direct hits from Aqua, but ultimately he got too banged up to even fight back. Touma ain't exactly good on his resume against Saints.

Dragopentling said:
Andrew48 said:

Touma would have to be extremely lucky to squeeze in just a touch with his right hand to win, so it's very dicey, but still more in favor for Servants due to their overall potency and skillsets. Also, Touma isn't exactly a lucky dude, so idk about that.

To give some benefit of doubt, if I'm not mistaken, he has survived direct hits from Aqua, but ultimately he got too banged up to even fight back. Touma ain't exactly good on his resume against Saints.
Most of the Servants are far weaker than Saints,not all of them are good at fast melee battle.For example,Gilgamesh.

Back