• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can High tier beings like around planetary and above get sick?

if goku gets sick does it matter? does it make him weaker on his durability status? lets say there is this character that is like universal and has a lot of durability feats like tanking big bangs, etc. If he gets sick for a while just for idk...comedy or other purpose, what would happen? Can lowntier characters with disease manipulation kill him? is it even possible for high tier characters get sick by a flu or stuff like that (ignoring the plot of course). Please explain

What does physical durability have to do with your Immune System? Just because I can tank a missile to the face doesn't mean I'm immune to say, Ebola.

Gzartus said:
yeah but i think its quite silly for a multiversal being to get a flu
At such a level I doubt the flu would do much against someone able to manipulate 4D powers, but we're talking about beings that are higher in tier but not an entire dimensionality higher.

Gzartus said:
yeah but i think its quite silly for a multiversal being to get a flu
3-D Flu can't kill a 4-D being. So that's indeed invalid.

It depends on the character. Not all Superpowered Characters can be assumed to have Superpowered Cells and Immune Systems, as silly as it might be.

It also depends on the type of disease. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure a common ability like Self-Sustenance 1 and 2 would be enough to resist most diseases on Earth, including nasty things like Tuberculosis, but not Ebola for example.

I mean, it depends on the degree of potency of the disease or in this case Biological Manipulation in question. Obviously to a 4-D being or higher, the effects of 3D diseases are about as effective as a drawing of a HIV virus attacking you.

Planet to Universe level characters without resistances would still be affected of course.

The issue you run into is the conflation of durability with general resilience.

Germs or virus don't care how strong your body is because they aren't trying to break your skin or anything like that.

Just the same way how some really shitty minerals are great handling heat and some of the stronger ones are really weak sauce. These things don't care about durability much unless you are dimensionally above it in the first place.

Back