• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I honestly don't know. I know they oneshot Guardians--who are controlled by Ganon--rather than deleting them, but I don't know how they work on the main antagonist himself. If he can, he should have resistance to Void manipulation/existence erasure, but as I've stated twice, I don't know. Though I'm pretty sure he can, as Light Arrows take precedence in his battle.

The Guardians can be easily destroyed by the ancient arrows but they can resurrected by the blood moon, that means the said weapon doesn't erase their existance. I checked and the arrow doesn't work on Ganon, but it doesn't mean that it could have erased his existance.

I know Guardians can't be erased, just one shot. Ancient Arrows are capable of existence erasing (wish I had the thread), so if it doesn't work on Ganon, then he should have it.

I think it doesn't work because of game mechanics because if Ganon was erased during the fight it would have been not funny because it would have ruined the struggle of the final battle.

Considering how things empowered by Ganon aren't erased, and rather one-shotted, and how minions erased/voided are restored by his power, I wouldn't be too sure.

Then it can be considered as a further justification on why Ganon gets normally sealed or bfr away instead of being erased or fully destroyed by not sacred weapons.

The real cal howard said:
Considering how things empowered by Ganon aren't erased, and rather one-shotted, and how minions erased/voided are restored by his power, I wouldn't be too sure.
Having just checked it turns out that the silver variations of enemies (Which are a result of Ganons magic) get erased as well so its likey not Ganons power that power that stops the Guardians from being erased like other enemies. Im in the boat that the Ancient Arrows not working on Ganon is purely game mechanics as to not make the fight a cake walk.

Dust Collector said:
Its likely that is not Ganons power that power that stops the Guardians from being erased like other enemies.
It must be because of ancient Sheikah tribe's power and technology, but Ganon is stated to to have upgraded himself with same technology.

Oh right completely forget he used the same technology, so I guess Calamity Crenado can have resistance to existance erasure, but since it's likely the Sheikah tech that's protected him it shouldn't apply to any of his other forms.

Edit: Just remembered that Dark Beast Ganon also resists Ancient Arrows and he's implied to be purely using Demises power. I also think we need to determine if the Ancient Arrows really do erase someone from existence, "To be struck with one is to be consigned to oblivion in an instant" could really just be a fancy way of saying instant death, it's not uncommon for fiction to use oblivion as a way of simply describing death.

Back