• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calcing moderate/max effort AP from casual feats

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
I'm unsure of what board to put this on, my apologies.

I think it would be helpful to find a way to calculate a character's maximum/moderate attack potency from their casual feats. My suggestion is through a ratio.

For example, a character's heartbeat generates enough energy to destroy the sun.

According to this, the human heart generates 1.3 to 5 watts of energy (1.3 to 5 joules per second).

Doing some quick KE stuff:

The average human weighs 70 kg and can run at 12.5171 m/s. That generates 5483.72273435 joules.

So that's a ratio of 1.3 to 5483.72273435, a difference of x4218.24825719.

Now, let's take the GBE of the sun, 6.87e41 joules, and multiply it.

6.87e41 * 4218.24825719 = 2.8979366e+45 joules or 28.97 Foe - Solar System level.

That's just the general idea of it. Applying a ratio to figure out someone's AP through moderate or maximum effort strikes. The ratio is gained from the energy output of an average human via mundane body movements, compared to that of the maximum amount of energy a human can dish out.

Any thoughts?

I moved this to the staff only forum, as it concerns wiki policy.

I don't know, sounds kinda suspect and assumes that the ratio would carry over to some rather extreme levels (relatively speaking)

If it can be calculated lie te heartbeat example, then I'm maybe okay with it but I would want to see what others say about it.

If someone does a feat casually with no statement like that, then I wouldn't feel comfortable applying a multiplier.

Yes. I also do not find this to be a reliable method.

That's only the power output of the heart, in seversl sources, the power output of the humans is like 100 W, up to 1000 W when they are hard working; I still thinking that converting power to energy in that way is a mistake, same way to converting force or time to speed (is even part of our rules).

Also, there's no way to known how much someone is containing, is unquantificable, whe just use the At least, or in extreme cases, At the very least.

I'm saying this as a sample.

If it's just done with the flick of a finger then we can adjust the ratio accordingly.

I see a lot of the admins don't seem to be in agreement here, so if this isn't going to be accepted, I'll concede.

I'm just saying that we can change the ratio accordingly depending on what kind of mundane movement was done to achieve the feat.

I think that adding a likely higher/far higher is better. Unless it's stated that the character is using x% of its power or a multiplier of course

It seems like borderline calc stacking?

Just a At least, likely higher should suffice.

The only exception I would be able to justify doing so would be if they stated to be using only 10% of their power, so you could use a 10x multiplier, or something

While it is a cool sentiment, I don't think this applicable 90% of the time. Fictitious characters can often "focus" their power to a point, like when Goku swatted away Trunk's sword with only his finger.

Yep, my vote is against it as well.

Well, it seems like this suggestion has been rejected then.

Back