• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calc group i summon you

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
So which scaling should be used for Nagato's Chibaku Tensei? This or this

Note: If the first one is choosen then the speed of various characters will also change.

It is probably best if you leave personal messages on all of their message walls instead. Simply highlighting something usually does not work for me.

I like your scaling more since it's not eyeballing. But those clouds could be altocumulus (lower parts are 2-6 km above the ground), not just plain stratocumulus (lower parts are 0,7-1,5 km above the ground).

I'd actually prefer the first scaling, just because it doesn't use cloud height which is already very inaccurate in Naruto scans.

Nagato's CT isn't Island Level, yea.

How would this affect the speeds, though?

In the comment's section, in your reply to Ant(I think?), you've stated the speed of a lot of characters would be changed.

Nagato dodged Naruto's Rasen Shuriken which crossed the entire CT crater in 1 sec ,the result for Nagato's speed from my scaling is mach 43 but the other calc gets a bigger value and thus the speed result would be bigger as well.

Cloud scaling isn't very reliable.

Then again the montain he scales in the first one is a different one from the other ones in the picture, right?

Edit: Is it a safe assumption that nagato is in the center of the tree?

fewer panel scaling to get a result is always to be prefered over multiple panel scaling

in the second scaling its only one panel and i am fine with cloud scaling - i do it myself regulary

i vote for second.

In my own opinion the 1st calc should be more accurate.

While it is true that Kkapoios calc isn't a multi step calc, Waka's calc is acceptable. He scaled the size of a mountain and applied that to the biggest mountain on panel. I'll even quote from his blog "Just gonna scale the largest mountain I can make out here."

If anything, Waka's calc is a low-end because he is applying a random mountain height to the largest mountain in the area.

I would also like to point out that cloud scaling is pretty bad in Naruto. If you scaled then Shinju roots from even the biggest clouds, then the roots would be only singular digit km or very low double digit km even through the roots are comparable to the Chakra Barrier.

Looking at the two calculations by comparison, it seems that the:

1st calc has:

• directly scales the mountain height from the tree height (by extension, Nagato).
  • yields a more realistic mountain height of 1212.2 metres tall.
  • I would have scaled the thickness of the tree off of Naruto standing instead of scaling it from Pain
2nd calc has:

• assumed cloud height, which can vary the result of the calc.
  • as Alakabamm stated, cloud height is very inaccurate as shown in Naruto scans.
I vote for first, although there could be a few adjustments here and there.

@Lina - I completely disagree with the first calc because of the fact that, if you look at Kurama's size and compare it to the sphere, it does not add up in the slightest -- I feel like Yang Kurama's size shown be taken into account rather than simply scaling it to the mountains or the clouds because neither would be consistent. I suggest looking for the best scan with Kurama's size and using angsizing to find a more accurate answer

Also, This scan makes the first calc seem way over-sized when looking at Pain's POV and seeing Naruto in CT, making Kka's resulting distance from the crater more realistic.

Either way, with whatever result, there needs to be an "At least" before the CT AP for Pain and Nagato since Pain was about to enlarge the CT before Naruto regained control of his body.

"How did we get 1 second for the timeframe though"

Pain said he had 1 sec left to use his Shinra Tensei, but by the time the second had passed the FRS had already crossed the crater and was in mid-expansion, which means that it took less than a second to cross the crater only.

@Cin: First of all, do we know what the exact size of the Yang Kurama in that state? Unless there is an official size for Kurama in that state, your suggestion cannot be used as the Kurama formes in general vary wildly in size.

@Lina I'm pretty certain we can scale his size to Naruto's height given how much we see them together, but you are right to be skeptical about his size since inconsistencies would be pretty unavoidable. All that would really be needed however is the width of one of his tails or the size of his head/skull.

This one scan seems ideal for scaling

Kurama's size is inconsistent ,one time it seems like he is 10 or 20 meters and other times he is hundreds of meters tall.

Since the first one has the most votes so far i will redo the calc tomorrow (since it's night here and i want to go to sleep) and i will change the profiles accordingly.

Well, after thinking it over even though we can not be sure which of those mountains it is in the end I guess the first calc is preferable. Cloud scaling just really isn't a good idea most of the time.

So I agree as well.

@Lina is it possible that the timeframe is a little lower than that? It took 1 sec for it to cross the crater and was in mid-explosion before the second was up. In my own opinion maybe it took .75 sec to cross the crater and another .25 sec to explode and expand? Just my suggestion tho.

@SwordSlayer: Well, I think the value for 1 second is a lowball of sorts based on what OBD said, but if it did cross less than 1 second to cross the crater...

Mach 128/0.75 = Mach 170.67 (keep in mind this is just attack speed)

This places Pain and Sage Mode Naruto solidly in the MHS range. This would scale to Edo Itachi and Edo Nagato who are solidly in the middle of the MHS range.

I would say Mach 128 Naruto, if that FRS crossed the crater in 1 second. Are you sure that FRS crossed the diameter in 1 second though?

Well, Pain clearly stated he had One Second Left for his ST, but in that span of time, FRS crossed the crater and was expanding, if iirc.

Now I am wondering, was there any specific evidence that the Edo formes of both Itachi and Nagato gained a massive boost in speed compared to what they were before?

I believe Edo Itachi was Mach 449 or something. Edo Nagato could be comparable to that.

^ Well, Edo Itachi could keep up with EMS Sasuke + SM Kabuto.

Edo Nagato, no noteworthy speed feats for him, but the immediate chapter after the one where he was sealed, Kabuto states that Nagato did not have complete mobility. That might have something to do with it.

@Lina - So, would the PE translate into Nagato and Pain's AP or what would it be? This is precisely why I don't touch this stuff (shouldn't have started the topic lmao).

As I already mentioned - the calculation was made around stratocumulus (the lower clouds), but we can try to calculate with altocumulus (the highest clouds of such form - 2-6 km).

@Yamato: This would mean that the height of the mountain is only about 200m tall, which is not the case due to direct scaling (using the radius of the tree that Nagato is in) from the calculation that I linked above.

@Cross and Kka - Would the Chibaku Tensei creation being Large Island translate to AP, though? Enlighten my ignorant ass if it does xD.

The Speed is actually pretty acceptable, imo. SM Naruto and Deva Pain (due to scaling to Nagato) along with a few characters like Kakashi, Obito (it makes sense since he can somewhat keep pace with BM Naruto) Sakura EoS, etc... being MHS is more consistent with end series.

Kakashi and Obito's speeds being MHS is more consistent with EoS (Kakashi being MHS+ vs Kaguya). Sakura could react to EMS Sasuke and PBM Naruto's speeds, so being MHS is also consistent.

I approve of the Speed upgrades 100% since it is far more consistent with end series speeds, however--what does this mean for Deva Pain and Nagato's AP with Chibaku Tensei?

You'd have to ask Kka himself only on thta, Cin. IDK jackshit about how this would translate to AP.

Then again we have Naruto and Sasuke at their strongest as Moon+ due to both creating their moon so......there's that?

@Crossverse - A Large Mountain being such as the Nine-tails was able to break from the Chibaku Tensei.

I'd understand lifting strength being upgraded to Class T for Pain and Nagato, but the AP doesn't make sense with it mainly being DC, but not for killing a opponent of considerable strength.

But like I said, this is why I'm asking.

Don't get me started with N + S's CT xD

@Kka - What would the AP be with this upgrade? Environmental destruction and Lifting strength should be upgraded to their necessary levels, but I don't know anything about AP when looking at this feat.

Back