• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Loser Brackets: Round 6 Dipper Pines vs Dale Gribble

Due to being quite too powerful for this tournament, our last round has been force to an end, and our next round may begin. This time we have Dipper Pines from the Show Gravity Falls, Submitted by Adem Warlock69, going up against Dale Gribble, from the show King of The Hill, Submitted by CBslayeR

The Current Standings

Speed is equal

Both are 9-B obviously

Dipper scales to 516,644.24 Joules

Dale scales to 516,644.24 Joules

That's all, who wins this fight? Let's see!

Dipper Pines:

Dale Gribble: 3

Inconclusive/Draw: 1

One gun makes you not remember anything. Which is incapacitation. The other shoots bullets. And that's something dipper has a specific weakness too. Do both can win

I think I'll vote Inconclusive too. Both of them just shoot each other so we have no way to be certain about who wins.

Actually. Would it count as a tie really? Thinking about it, Dale is still alive if they hit each other. Dipper isn't. Would that count as a dale win, even if his memory is wiped?

Dipper also has weapon mastery and is very quick to use the memory gun. Also, there's the aiming part too, since they start some distance apart from each other

Well. My point is more even if they had dead on even skill and quick draw on each other. Dale would survive. Dipper wouldn't. Since Dippers Gun wouldn't kill Dale, bur dales would kill dipper. He wouldn't have any memory. But also would still be alive. So is that really a tie?

I don't see how he will be as prepared as Dale, who is far older and had been using and storing guns for far longer.

Dipper doesn't even fight much.

Gilad Hyperstar said:
If that's the case, what wincon Dipper still have since he's already dead by that point
His win condition is to hit him with the memory gun without getting shot himself. It just doesn't seem likely since Dale is a skilled shot. If he wipes Dales memory away without dying himself. Then he would win. But if he also is dead. Well. Dale is still alive at that point. Dipper isn't

00potato said:
Dipper doesn't even fight much.
He did fought the Multi-bear (as well as probably some other monsters), Rumble and even tried to punch Bill.

I think we need to give Dipper either prep time (since he can make something useful with it) or previous knowledge

Little to none of those were even close to successful though. He lacks marksmanship training anyway.

They don't stand very far from each other, and the ray is way bigger than a bullet, so the chances of it missing is smaller

He still needs to pull it out first though and aim. Dale is more likely to pull it out first and is more likely to dodge due to Dip's average marksmanship and equal speed.

It seems really out of character for Dale to just shoot Dipper, he's a normal looking kid to Dale and shooting might not be his first option.

Just explain why it would be hard for him to dodge. It's not a bullet, but a ray of amnesia. Also, equal speed means both draw at the same time.

Also Dipper can dodge too

CBslayeR said:
It seems really out of character for Dale to just shoot Dipper, he's a normal looking kid to Dale and shooting might not be his first option.
Since they are willing to kill. Not out of character. Dale is not an idiot, and loves his guns. If he is at gun range. He will pull that sucker out

But dipper isn't as good at handling weapons, so it would take him longer to take it out and aim then an experienced marksman.

Dipper literally had training with weapons and can handle them competently. He also was going to shot Ford with the gun in one episode too and never had an aiming problem with it, even when he's stressed

Didn't he accidentally shoot the glasses. Not his head. He even implied that's where he was aiming for

I'm going with Dipper here to be honest, even if they both draw at the same time they'll most likely have some kind of exchange which would lead to Dipper bluffing or threatening which he does in life threatening situations like with the robot that abducted Ford. He would easily scare Dale and hold the advantage to where he can erase his memory or knock him out.

Buttersamuri said:
Didn't he accidentally shoot the glasses. Not his head. He even implied that's where he was aiming for
He wanted to get Ford away from him, but not to erase his memories. And hitting the glasses is pretty accurate for me given how small the surface area is

I don't think a child would scare him. He is scared by people like hank, who have prove they could whoop him into next Saturday. But he isn't intimidated by kids. Hasn't been by Bobby or Joseph.

He wanted to get Ford away from him, but not to erase his memories. And hitting the glasses is pretty accurate for me given how small the surface area is

He meant to hit head head though. He was trying to wipe his memory. He even freaked out because he almost did it but the shot bounced on his glasses

I doubt Dale would be scared or distracted by a kid he doesn't know much about. That can only happen if Dale hesitates and let's Dioper talk, in a fight, that isn't gonna happen. Dale is more likely to draw first do to his better Marskmanshio (A paranoid older man who has been collecting and using guns for years vs a kid with light training.)

A gun would only set his alarm off to shoot faster. Like any normal person. Especially someone as nutty as Dale. Heck. Doesn't even know what it does or that it's a threat. Really, there's no reason he wouldn't just shoot since he is willing to kill

Buttersamuri said:
A gun would only set his alarm off to shoot faster. Like any normal person. Especially someone as nutty as Dale. Heck. Doesn't even know what it does or that it's a threat. Really, there's no reason he wouldn't just shoot since he is willing to kill
Willing to kill meaning that he's still in-character, but will kill if needed, meaning pacifist characters will still kill even if they have a no kill rule. That means that if he doesn't shoot with his gun first thing in a fight, then he also won't do it here.

He isn't a pacifist. Like. Not at all. The only reason he wouldn't shoot dipper is cause he isn't willing to kill him. Now he is willing.

Buttersamuri said:
He isn't a pacifist. Like. Not at all. The only reason he wouldn't shoot dipper is cause he isn't willing to kill him. Now he is willing.
I never said he is. Willing to kill just makes someone who won't kill, well, kill if he needs to. However, the fighters stay in character, meaning that if they don't use their killing moves immediately (like Dale and his gun), he won't use it instantly here either

Back