• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HwG-Bracket Round 7 (Lara Croft vs Dale Gribble)

Dale has clearly the AP advantage from his reasoning.

Dale also has tons more items on him but there is the problem. All are put on Standard Equipment but that's kinda impossible for him to carry all that as he doesn't have the lifting strength or the way to carry them all without dimensional storage.

Both have martial arts, pressure points, weapon mastery, vehicular mastery, and pain tolerance so it should be an equilibrated fight.

Dale also has explosive manipulation, poison manipulation, and stealth mastery which would help in the fight.

Seems kinda that Dale has the better win-cons but his martial arts is only "claimed to know" so it likely he didn't show them. He's also out-ranged by Lara.

I lean for Lara thanks to her actually having the martial arts, range difference, and of course because she can carry all that weapon on/with her compared to the impossibility of Dale.

Yeah, Dale probably will have to discard a pile of weapons at the start of the fight if he wants to move around lol

All his standard equipment spawns in a pile beside him and he gets 20 seconds before the fight starts to grab whatever weapons he wishes to use.

Well, he will get a good advantage then as he has them around. I think you should ping those that chose the fighters again and give their arguments and the like cause I know nothing about both (didn't see the animation or the movie). I just made my conjunctures from their profile and for Lara (from the game a bit).

@Naitodesu I think you mentioned in the sword bracket that you're busy or something.
So I will for now skip ahead and do the next match. If this didn't get anywhere by the time this must be decided, I will just count whatever there is for votes.

In any case, the next match comes soon.

Alright, I don't think I have much to add that Zaratthustra hasn't said so I'm leaning on their opinion instead. Lara does lead with superior range if possible and is trained in MMA so she has a slight advantage on both fronts in terms of both close combat skill and her superior range.

Slept on making the next thread and we may as well finish this now, I guess.

As it stands I'm also leaning towards Lara.

I moved some of Dale's stuff to Optional Equipment since he doesn't carry all that shit with him 2/4

Well, that for sure seems more carryable. In that case, we know his equipment more closely now and we don't need the pile of equipment thing anymore.
IMO that gives Lara even better chances, as he now can't counter pick against her all too well.

So Lara seems to be winning. Don't think we will get more comments here. Sincerely expected more people to participate in the bracket but they all seem to wait for their characters.:unsure:

Yeah, would have thought people that nominate characters would be more active, too.
As it stands I'm glad if the people at least show up for their characters and have active debates, as then we at least can properly vote.

Anyway... this time for real: I will make the next thread in a few hours.

dale has a decent way to keep a lot of weapons on him he has a gun holster around his ankle but anyway I think dale could just shoot Lara to death since it's shown that he keeps a handgun on his ankle also dale could get the jump on her since he's a sneaky man since they're in a town and it's most likely what he'd go for there's a lot of places where dale can keep his distance and shoot before Lara could draw her bow

Next match.
I will still wait with the final count of votes on this one, though, as it seems like maybe a debate can happen.
Aaaah how good is she with the gun because we’ve seen dale working with guns in flashbacks
No idea. Haven't seen her movie and her profile doesn't tell. Maybe one of her supporters will clarify.

Back