• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burn The Vampire! - Cinder Fall vs Dettlaff van der Eretein

Keep in mind that his reaction and combat speed is higher than hers, even if his movement is lower. He also has forms of teleportation, invisibility and intangibility. I know is AP is lower, but Aura by its very nature can be worn down over time by weaker attacks and one’s own usage of it. I figured all of that made this more fair of a fight. After all, not every battle is over in a single blow.

But she has High 7-C durability. How long can she use her Aura?
From what I know, one’s own usage of their Aura doesn’t usually drain it fast unless they rely a lot on Aura powered abilities such as dust or their semblance. Cinder is a bit heavy on that, but doesn’t seem to care too much. Either due to a confidence in her own swift victory, or because she can last a pretty good amount of time. However, even characters with high Aura amounts like Jaune can be worn down by enough solid attacks connecting.

Given most of Cinder’s strongest fire attacks are telegraphed and won’t be hard to avoid for Dettlaff, I doubt this battle will be a simple one. These two are going to need to use their heads and their determination to keep this going.

I could change it to restrict her, but I was worried that might be a bit unfair. She would have a difficult time putting him down and he’d be more than capable of dodging around and controlling the battle. Maybe that idea is a bit more even than I thought last night in my sleep deprived state, but at the time I considered that this would be more balanced.

It's High 8-C MHS+ against High 7-C Hypersonic+. It's a stomp for whatever side, most likely for Dettlaff. I don't know her good enough to give judgement, but I think vanilla High 8-C would be better.

I’ll wait a bit longer then, but if most people agree with your assessment I might swap it to no Maiden powers and maybe speed equalized too.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that his reaction and combat speed is higher than hers, even if his movement is lower. He also has forms of teleportation, invisibility and intangibility. I know is AP is lower, but Aura by its very nature can be worn down over time by weaker attacks and one’s own usage of it. I figured all of that made this more fair of a fight. After all, not every battle is over in a single blow.
AoE attacks kinda counter that

Range: Several kilometers with her powers

hqdefault.jpg

Cinder vs Glynda, Cinder vs Amber, Cinder vs Raven, Cinder vs Ozpin
Cinder vs. Raven starts with her engaging in a melee fight. She surrounds herself by a sphere of flames after a bit but drops it really fast and continues in melee for the entire rest of the fight.

Cinder vs. Ozpin has her do nothing that hits in every direction.

Cinder doesn't use AoE attacks competently at all vs. two Tier 8s and takes forever to actually take them out of commission despite being very much motivated to beat them fast and get to the Winter Maiden.

Cinder uses a single explosion attack that's tied to a highly-telegraphed projectile in her fight with Amber.

Which leaves Glynda being the only fight where she does use an omnidirectional attack, something not representative of how she fights in basically every matchup after that.

So yeah, Cinder doesn't use anything AoE competently.

Cinder never uses any power but her Storm Creation at that range and has zero examples of accurately hitting human-sized targets at that range with her powers so that range isn't very relevant for her. She'd need line-of-sight to do anything meaningful.

Back