• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Kars fights another vampire. Dettlaff is in his "monster form" and Kars is in his normal form.

Speed obviously equal and SBA.

Kars' profile (Massively upscales from 2 tons calc, 6 tons with his blade)

Dettlaff's profile (6.8 Tons)

Difference is 3.4 times in AP.

Kars: 2

Dettlaff: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Kars can just "absorb" Dettlaff, right? He's also way more intelligent and has far superior regeneration.
I think Kars takes it, despite the AP disadvantage.

Well, he can absorb but he never used it iirc, not "in character" I guess. Or he didn't just use that because he only fought dudes comparable to him or ******* Joseph who wouldn't let this happen lol. Still a valid wincon, vote counted.

Yeah, I think he just never got the chance due to his opponents or the situations he was in, but it's a pretty basic Pillarman ability. Literally part of his physiology lol.

Kars can just "absorb" Dettlaff, right? He's also way more intelligent and has far superior regeneration.
I think Kars takes it, despite the AP disadvantage.
Does Dettlaff start with QcQ in character? Also Dettlaf has intangibility in his ability section. That would mean Kars would have to incap him before absorbing him, right?

Does Dettlaff start with QcQ in character? Also Dettlaf has intangibility in his ability section. That would mean Kars would have to incap him before absorbing him, right?
His most in character move is creating large claws and trying to blitz and stab people iirc. His intangibility is in the form of turning into mist, but I don't remember him abusing it in combat all that much.

Dettlaff can’t be easily absorbed due to his own strength and his intangibility, meaning Kars would need to beat him some other way. Dettlaff can also outlast Kars until the sun comes up. Only one of them is cripplingly weak to that, so I reckon Dettlaff has the better odds of victory here. Even if Kars tries to hide under trees and in buildings, Dettlaff wouldn’t have the hardest time making dangerous openings to the light or simply forcing Kars under it’s rays.

And he‘d know about the sunlight weakness too when Kars makes sure to avoid it as the battle drags on. Dettlaff has had plenty of experience with lesser vampires, so exploiting that weakness is something he’d consider.

His most in character move is creating large claws and trying to blitz and stab people iirc. His intangibility is in the form of turning into mist, but I don't remember him abusing it in combat all that much.
I can imagine him trying to stab Kars, only to get his hand melted off and starting to use his intangibility more frequently.

I'm just really not seeing what Dettlaff can do about Kars' regen and absorption.
He can put him to sleep or hypnotize him I guess, but that's kinda out of character. I don't remember him using these things at all.
There is that Intangibility I suppose, but it'll only be good for avoiding Kars' absorption. It won't really help him defeat Kars due to his regen.

I can maybe see an incon if Dettlaff just indefinitely stays in mist form, but how in character is that? I'm sure Dettlaff is smart enough to use it if need be, but since he starts out with melee more often than not, I just think he'll simply get absorbed tbh.

Also, I don't think Kars' intelligence should be overlooked here. He has Extraordinary Genius level intelligence for a reason, and there's pretty much nothing that Dettlaff will think of that won't cross Kars' mind, such as his weakness to the sun for example.

I'm just really not seeing what Dettlaff can do about Kars' regen and absorption.
He can put him to sleep or hypnotize him I guess, but that's kinda out of character. I don't remember him using these things at all.
There is that Intangibility I suppose, but it'll only be good for avoiding Kars' absorption. It won't really help him defeat Kars due to his regen.

I can maybe see an incon if Dettlaff just indefinitely stays in mist form, but how in character is that? I'm sure Dettlaff is smart enough to use it if need be, but since he starts out with melee more often than not, I just think he'll simply get absorbed tbh.

Also, I don't think Kars' intelligence should be overlooked here. He has Extraordinary Genius level intelligence for a reason, and there's pretty much nothing that Dettlaff will think of that won't cross Kars' mind, such as his weakness to the sun for example.
Because of this argument I still with My vote to kars.

Back