• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

broly child key and some fixing

Sus

A. child keys and oozaru form
  • toei: broly is born with a power level of 10,000, he then gets a zenkai, awakens his power, and grows over the years, he also has his tail both as a kid and an adult, so he gets an oozaru amp, he also survives the destruction of planet vegeta but idk how to calculate it or if it gives a value at all
  • canon: child broly's power varies, but lowest recorded is 920 (stronger than raditz saga goku), maximum is not explicitly stated but is at least 10,000 (stronger than base vegeta saga goku) because it cannot be detected by the 4 digits scouters, is also stated as superior to child vegeta and his father, king vegeta, also can transform into an oozaru (kid only)

B. base broly downscaling from his higher forms
  • toei: while never shown to fight in base form, we see him rampage in flashbacks and him "being weak" is just them hiding his power, he should downscale from his super saiyan form
  • canon: this one is a bit tricky but base broly should be 1/10th of his ikari, as it's explicitly stated to be his oozaru power drawn in his humanoid form, so he should be 6 universes in base, im not sure if he can actually downscale due to how tier 2 works, but i'll try

C. merging keys

not much of a proposal but as of now each broly form has its own key, which is unnecessary, just put em together

his keys should look like this:
canon:
varies from at least Small Planet level up to Planet level (his power level varies from 920 to 10,000 making him more powerful than goku in the raditz and vegeta fights respectively), up to Large Planet level with Oozaru (is 10x more powerful) | Low Multiverse level, higher with ikari and super saiyan ([justification doesn't change except for base broly now scaling to 6 universes])
toei:
at least Small Star level+ (his power rivaled king vegeta as an infant, growing in power even more after a zenkai), at least Large Star level with Oozaru (is 10x more powerful) | High Universe level, higher with Oozaru and super saiyan, far higher as the legendary super saiyan ([same stuff with base broly downscaling])

he can fight, he has known stats, he has a form that his adult self cant access

pretty much needed imo
He's never been in a fight, his stats are almost entirely based on a power level because he lacks feats, and he's never entered his monkey form so just because he has a great ape form that adult broly doesn't have, I still don't see a reason for it. Heck child Broly isn't even shown that much as far as I can remember.

Child Broly just isn't shown doing much worth indexing for a key. However, I'll see what others think.
also, what do y'all think of the base broly point?
Neutral. I'll wait to see what others think.

As for the key merge, the keys might not be needed since the transformations are just appearance change and stat boosters and could all be in one key but that's kinda just a preference, so really it doesn't matter in my opinion, whatever majority think is better I'm fine with.

He's never been in a fight, his stats are almost entirely based on a power level because he lacks feats, and he's never entered his monkey form so just because he has a great ape form that adult broly doesn't have, I still don't see a reason for it. Heck child Broly isn't even shown that much as far as I can remember.

Child Broly just isn't shown doing much worth indexing for a key. However, I'll see what others think
same applies for kid vegeta who has a toei key + even some characters tiering is based entirely on power level without feats, but broly does have feats, he's shown constantly rampaging and destroying planets

there's no specific criteria to have a key for a character that doesn't appear much

as long as it has known, unique stats, there's no reason not to add it imo

same applies for kid vegeta who has a toei key + even some characters tiering is based entirely on power level without feats, but broly does have feats, he's shown constantly rampaging and destroying planets
Kid Vegeta fought those Saibamen

I'm talking about the "never been in a fight" thing
fair, but do we really need an onscreen fight? king vegeta and paragus have stats without any fights

i understand if kid broly didn't have specific stats, but he does, i can actually make valid matches with the key
rather than just a genuinely useless "unknown" key

Back