• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brackets Resurrection: 8-B

Eh, I partially said id nominate him first, but would a shared nomination count? (Somewhat similar to what happened in the 7-A tournament)

Yeah, I can do a shared nom.

Bertolt is in reserve for who? I thought they swapped for someone else.

Btw, Haku has Speed amps, potential oneshot with acupuncture and Mid-High regen. Seems slightly OP for brackets

Void Knight has a 25m radius EE on death. This would usually make fights incon, so should he be changed for another fighter, or should it still count as a loss for him anyway?

Void: Once the knight is destroyed, it turns himself into a void that consumes all traces of live that cover a radius of 25 m; everything that is destroyed by it disintegrate in both body and soul

Although, it is not an oneshotting power, is "PhR against 160 or damage equivalent to the double of fail level", the EE is the secundary effect. For reference, the same VK would survive even with the minimal roll (assuming its healthy, although, its resistances are a little increased due Nemesis).

Zark2099 said:
Btw, Haku has Speed amps, potential oneshot with acupuncture and Mid-High regen. Seems slightly OP
Apparently the Mid-High's only with Edo Tensei, whatever that is, so perhaps that could be restricted?

Antoniofer said:
Although, it is not an oneshotting power, is "PhR against 160 or damage equivalent to the double of fail level", the EE is the secundary effect. For reference, the same VK would survive even with the minimal roll (assuming its healthy, although, its resistances are a little increased due Nemesis).
Ahh, so it would only kill people if they're low already?

Agnaa said:
Apparently the Mid-High's only with Edo Tensei, whatever that is, so perhaps that could be restricted?
Oneshot and speed amps are still a big deal on their own, and a nightmare combined. Idk, feels iffy

If Haku has Mid-High it might be better to just swap her out for another Naruto character, rather than restrict abilities/equipment.

It has the chance to due so (if lost enough health), also, being out of range save someone from being affected.

For Haku, they can just be used during part 1 Naruto when he was alive. During part 2 Haku was revived with Edo.

I think part 1 Haku, while they're alive, should be fine. Edo isn't equipment but rather a state of being. A revived state.

So I took a look at Itsuwa's first fight. Do we restrict Ouma Kurogane's magic? 'cause "at least Low 7-C with magic" and all that.

Zark2099 said:
Oneshot and speed amps are still a big deal on their own, and a nightmare combined. Idk, feels iffy
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I recall of his fight with Sasuke & Naruto the acupuncture thing is nothing he easily pulls off against a moving target.

I can't correct, I'm just going by the page itself. If he isn't a spammer using them then I'm fine

Uh ..... Haku spams his senbon which are what allows him to acupuncture. Its also not something hard for him to pull off seeing as Zabuza was put down easily, he chose not to one shot Naruto and Sasuke, still put Sasuke into a state of false death and when he was trying against Naruto, Kyuubi chakra countered it.

Restricting Ouma's magic would sort of just make him an abormally strong dudem so it might benefit to swap him out.

I'll use Part 1 Haku, then.

If Haku can one-shot with acupuncture it might not be too wise to let him in.

It seems that of the entries Haku is the only controversial one at the moment. I'll put up the first round soon and hopefully by the time we get to Haku this will be resolved. Otherwise I'll disqualify him and just throw in whoever was next in the queue.

About Ouma's magic there is no need for restriction. He can use his magic "up" to that point. So if he uses his full magic in 1 burst or use his strongest magic technique he can go up to low 7-C. So for bracket's purposes Ouma will be using his magic with 8-B Potency. So all of his techniques will be 8-B (so rather than restricting magic we will restrict his max potency with magic), makes it fair imo. I mean there is no need to restrict his 8-B magic if there is only 1 technique at full power thancan give him low 7-C with magic.

So you suggest that we just assume that the low 7-C character holds back enough to be 8-B?

Stat equalized matches can at minimum not be added. ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

No, i didn't mean that. I mean that he only did that through 1 attack with his max potential. Most of his other attacks could be held back by another guy comparable to him.

What im saying is not all of his magic attacks are 8-B, only a full power Kusanagi is low 7-C but he has been shown to use weaker kusanagi's as well. So it shouldn't be a problem to assume he'll just use weaker Kusanagi's (although it's not exaclty in character for him to do so as the power drops by usage).

Firephoenixearl said:
So it shouldn't be a problem to assume he'll just use weaker Kusanagi's (although it's not exaclty in character for him to do so as the power drops by usage).
...So you do suggest that we just assume that the low 7-C character holds back enough to be 8-B.

DontTalkDT said:
...So you do suggest that we just assume that the low 7-C character holds back enough to be 8-B.
Depends we can just say "Ouma has used Kusanagi twice before the fight". And the fight can go on without holding back (Kusanagi is the only Low 7-C move and by the 3rd use the power drops to about 8-B level).

So either ^^ this. Or we can just completely restrict Kusanagi.

Wait, full power Kusanagi belongs to a higher tier (Compared to non full power Kusanagi's). Restricting higher tier abilities is allowed. Can't we just do that?

So 3 options:

1. Assume Ouma has used Kusanagi twice so he won't be able to use a low 7-C Kusanagi even if he wanted to

2. Restrict Kusanagi completely

3. Restrict Full Power Kusanagi as it belongs to a tier of it's own.

Well, do one of the 3 I guess. I leave it to Dargoo to decide which one is best. Though I'm not sure if any of the 3 options can actually be added.

That said, if Kusanagi is his only Low 7-C technique his page should be edited to say low 7-C via Kusanagi, not via magic in general.

Well i think it's cus he also tanked Stella's attacks with defensive tornado wind magic. But i guess we could specify that (even the calc actually puts him at Low 7-C through the Kusanagi calc).

Antoniofer said:
My God, sure these blackouts wouldn't let me participate properly...
Want me to hold off on Void Knight's first match until you have stable power? I can do the other matches until we're finished with the first 15.

I doubt the electricity will became stable any time soon... At the I have connection from my phone, is the blackout affect the entire state again I'll lost signal soon.

So, if I do not repond within the next 10 m after the current matchup is done, you can skip the fight.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well i think it's cus he also tanked Stella's attacks with defensive tornado wind magic.
Wait, if he has Multi-City Block level+ level feats for wind magic we indeed have to restrict wind magic in general.

Back