• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BoS Fairy Tail CRT

Correct me if I'm making a mistake, but this top panel is the feat being performed right? He's destroying the ground in front of him up to the cliff edge.

And here we can see the distance between him and the cliff edge where Natsu is standing.

Why can't we get the size of it roughly by comparing it to the guy who is on-panel?

That's what I said before. If anything, that panel shows that the crater isn't as big as the former calc suggests unless Zancrow is a giant or something like that.

@Damage

Once again, I didn't use a random tree, I used the trees in the area where Natsu landed, which are the same as on the panel.

As for the feat, the crater(lower-right panel) is a separate mountain, given how the landscape is completely different. Also if it would be the same cliff(top panel), then all the trees on the lower-rght panel would be max 1 meter in height, which is just absurd.

I disagree with using the low-end just because we can, when we have seen the trees in the area up close.

The thing is that the trees where Natsu landed and the ones behind Zancrow are roughly the same size. Right before Zancrow Bellows, we can see the tree behind him which, without even accounting for the distance between A and B, would already be roughly the same size as what Calaca proposes it to be. During the fight we also see that they are in a clearing with the treeline being far away.

I'll say it again

The initial question we need to ask is what Tree size we use and the second question we need to ask is whether or not to use Pulverization or Vaporization

So First everyone, what do you think about Tree size, which do you think we should use, 7 feet or 20 feet

@Mitch; or alternatively we try to scale the destruction from the first panel on this page. If the width of the blast is roughly the same size as the width of the destroyed ground.

But we don't even see the full destruction of the blast, with the crater compared to the tree, we see how much rock he destroyed, with the upper image, we don't see how deep the crater is without using the other crater image the one where you scale a tree

There's no quote that the trees are massive, we just see that there are some trees that are huge compared to humans, like we see how hig they are

AnonymousBlank said:
Chapter 217

Center right and bottom panels show trees being wider than people are tall.

Chapter 218

Bottom right panel shows the trees in the immediate surroundings are far away and unable to be used for direct scaling.

Center panel shows the same thing

Top panel here shows that even when ignoring the distance, the tree is around 7-8 meters anyway

Bottom left panel shows that the trees are definitely taller than 8 meters

Center panel shows even larger trees

Bottom left panel has trees meters away from Natsu and Makarov, being at least 8 meters once more

Chapter 219

Bottom panel

Top and bottom panels, particularly the bottom, shows how thick the trunks are to people

Bottom panel which is meant to show off how impressive the feat is, shows trees to be wider than people are tall once more

Take a guess. Its pretty blatant just how large these trees are supposed to be.
All the trees in the surrounding area are far bigger than 7-8 meters and much closer to the 20m Torch used, if not even bigger. I'll edit the links smaller later.

Both sides are using the same panel to support their claims.

Which panel, of all the used in the arguments in favor and contra, is the first chronologically?

@Alex

The first chronologically is the panel of Zeref in chapter 208(?). This however takes place in a separate section of the island to the Natsu vs Zancrow fight which features much larger trees, similar sized trees can also be seen throughout the rest of the island despite also being in completely separate areas as well.

The trees are also, more often than not, larger than Calaca's estimated height (see links above). Looking at the context if the panels, whenever they appear small, they are just the backdrop to whatever is happening but when they are being interacted with by Natsu and/or Zancrow, they larger than they were just portrayed to be a few pages prior. These are the scans which should take priority for the pixel scaling as they are meant to show us just how large the tree is and even the most scans where they aren't part of the focus, we see them as considerably larger than the 7-8m estimate.

Mrk norifications aaaaaaaaaaa.

Well, it seems that this is nothing new, this is what I said in a similar situation in another thread:

"one panel shows us one thing then the other shows other leaving things to interpretation that x amount of people will either agree or disagree.

Who knows if this ends soon, because the real problem here inconsistent draw; you will get different results for everything here because x guy didn't draw properly and this led to people have their own view of this thing.

I can get a total different result that any other user by giving x reasoning that x amount of people will either agree or disagree, you know what you can do when this happens?

Which lead us to the inconsistent draw argument all over again.
"

Additionally:

"Bottom left panel" From here

And

"every" From here

Are both being used to support the different arguments, I did the math myself when I noticed and the result was ~6.5 m, and still Natsu isn't aside the tree, so this thing is a nei. And all calcs to get the trees' sizes that aren't specifically, like, the closest possible distance between the things you want to use, then they are as mrks as the notifications.

All I can say is go with what is more consistent with the series itself with also its context and what it wanted to show us, if nothing is consistent and there is no way to reach an agreement then don't calc it.

To end, both "Zancrow's Bellow" calcs need to be remade because both are mrks.

AlexSoloVaAlFuturo said:
Mrk norifications aaaaaaaaaaa.

Well, it seems that this is nothing new, this is what I said in a similar situation in another thread:

"one panel shows us one thing then the other shows other leaving things to interpretation that x amount of people will either agree or disagree.

Who knows if this ends soon, because the real problem here inconsistent draw; you will get different results for everything here because x guy didn't draw properly and this led to people have their own view of this thing.

I can get a total different result that any other user by giving x reasoning that x amount of people will either agree or disagree, you know what you can do when this happens?

Which lead us to the inconsistent draw argument all over again.
"

Additionally:

"Bottom left panel" From here

And

"every" From here

Are both being used to support the different arguments, I did the math myself when I noticed and the result was ~6.5 m, and still Natsu isn't aside the tree, so this thing is a nei. And all calcs to get the trees' sizes that aren't specifically, like, the closest possible distance between the things you want to use, then they are as mrks as the notifications.

All I can say is go with what is more consistent with the series itself with also its context and what it wanted to show us, if nothing is consistent and there is no way to reach an agreement then don't calc it.

To end, both "Zancrow's Bellow" calcs need to be remade because both are mrks.
Due to calc revisons they need to be redone

Ask Alex since he was the one that started it EDIT: also the Mass. Hypersonic+ for certain characters needs to be changed

Art isn't actually as inconsistent as it was painted to be. The trees are only ever small (still bigger than the proposed size) when they are background pieces. The moment they are relevant to the panel, they are now huge af, regardless of where on the island the scene takes place for 3 or 4 separate fights. Even the anime supports their enormous height.

I'm Neutral on everything pretty much, Small or Big Trees, Pulverization or Vaporization, regardless I can see both sides making sense

I don't think vaporization should even be in question. The flames are superior to Natsu's which have vaporization feats, we see Zancrow causing trees to steam just from his flames being nearby, we have him scorchingpretty much everything he hits etc.

Back