• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BoS Fairy Tail CRT

I still need Alex to check the Calc, but Captain Torch misread the Volume, which is what Alex pointed out

@Mitch

If you do recalc the feat, do you mind making a version where the tree height is scaled to the width of the trunk (if you can't find a full tree in a panel)? Natsu and Zancrow destroying those tree trunks is close enough to the cliff where the bellow happened for it to be a potential end. Its also more accurate than using the Ultear tree for the height since its a tree in the area rather than on the otherside of the island.

@Alex

Could you do the calc how you think it should be done, because we have 3 versions and you haven't accepted any of them, and I don't exactly know how to calc this properly

If not, we can just scrapt this calc

Alright, so the calc's final official value is Low 7-B (2.4 Megatons), I'm pretty sure that's an Outlier

Well, I would wait for the calaca to see if he has something new to say about the tree size just to be sure, since he made this thread to begin with.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Alright, so the calc's final official value is Low 7-B (2.4 Megatons), I'm pretty sure that's an Outlier
That is frighteningly consistent with Low 7B.

So the result is similar to the previous one.

I noticed that the scan used to scale the hole uses the top of a tree but uses the full height of the tree. Isn't that wrong? I suppose calc should use an average percentage of how tall the top of a tree is to find the ratio with Tenrou's trees (if we're going to accept their height).

@Schnee but it makes the jump between Oracion Seis Gray's feat to Tenrou Island way bigger, while on the other side we have Second Origin to justify the power jump.

I think the truth is just that this calc is an Outlier, the X784 character's shouldn't be on par with the X791 Characters

It means the feat we should use to scale the X784 characters is the Gray Ice Wall

Indeed

The Low 7B+ is from a ALOT more powerful Base Natsu so this one that close to the Low 7B+ is an outlier

If a downgrade is imminent, just scale everyone up a lesson I learnt from Fate) so time to start arguing for the sake of it ovo Maybe I might make sense somewhere along the way

The gap between Natsu and Makarov shouldn't be the difference between practically baseline 7-C and Low 7-B. Not only was Gray tired from spending the day fighting and beating dark guilds through the forest as well as the initial stomp OS handed the Alliance when he made the ice wall, Team Natsu was able to slightly harm Hades, Zancrow (comparable to most of Team Natsu) was able to harm Makarov, injured Erza was able to harm Jose who is = to Makarov by statememts. Note that Makky only won with Fairy Law which is an "Omae wa mou shindieru" button so nothing says they aren't roughly comparable in power.

Low 7-B for the X791 cast comes from Gray not even requiring much effort at all. The same Gray who, with the aid of his Ice Make, could land a kill shot on Silver who is around 25 megatons. If we have GMG and Tartaros as one key (we do) we can't just ignore Natsu and co being able to fight 7-B characters like with Natsu vs Jackal, Erza vs Kyouka, Twin Dragons vs Jiemma (Jiemma was said to be stronger than the 9 Gates, presumably any individual member). I'd mention the Mira vs Sayla fight but that was a total mess for scaling and was full of crap.

Before anyone argues, the gap between Etherious and base is not that large as Natsu was able to take multiple hits from Etherious Jackal despite them being comparable in base. This is also consistent with Dual Elements being comparable as after the first use, its not as strong as before so Gajeel's ISDM being used against Torafuzar doesn't support it being such a huge gap.

My suggestion would be to move the main X791 cast to 7-B, the X784 go to low 7-B using the Zancrow calc and Hades's casual Ama 100 which is High 7-C as reasoning. Also while we're at it, could we calc Jackal's explosions he dumps all over that town along with the Erza's busting the island? I know its a bunch of explosions but he did it with a wave of his hands so it would just count as a single AP feat.

You gotta admit, this makes more sense than any of us thought it would. Won't call it iron clad or anything like that but there is a decent level of consistency.

Baseline 7-C is the start of the line. There is an obvious scaling chain behind, but it's unquantifiable.

On the other side, the X784 scaling is inconsistent. Natsu is portrayed as comparable to those people you mention but at the same time he's easily manhandled by Laxus, Gildarts and Makarov.

Plus, Zancrow having a feat stronger than Hades who used a spell that, IIRC, even Makarov was surprised of. It's a big problem no matter how you look at it.

The X791 scaling has nothing to do with this. We're discussing if this feat is reclinable for scaling the X784 cast. The arguments of the X791 cast scaling to 7-B isn't the intention of this thread and should be discussed in another CRT.

Never said comparable. I said their base was comparable to but weaker than Etherios forms, which LFDM was able to slap (Jackal's at least but he was on the weaker end of the 9DG anyway). Base Natsu was also even with Franmalth using Hades who tanked the 7.1 megatons so its just more stuff that points to their X791 forms not being Low 7-B at all.

Makky's Maximum defense seal appeared around Ama 100, ie closing both himself and the Ama 100 off from the rest of the island. High 7-C was the left over after most of it got directly tanked by Makky and his seal.

The main reason for not scaling is that it puts X791 and X784 as too close to each other which scaling the X791 cast higher completely fixes so that is relevant.

Either way its still an outlier altogether if one of the calcs to close to another but the latter is WAY stronger

No i read it. It just some of those are still outlier

Ex: Hades wasnt trying aginst Team Natsu and he was destroying them so they hurting him isnt the case, Zancrow was stomping hard on Natsu so that is also a no, iirc Erza couldnt even hurt Jose whos equal to Makarov >> Erza so thats another right there. Iirc Silver let himself get hit on purpose for Gray to win (again iirc)

Also to just move characters up so an outlier doesnt become that anymore with assumption to their strength even though they were getting destroyed isnt good

We should just scale X784 Characters back to 7-C (7.32 Kilotons) based off Gray's Huge Ice Wall, it's not a big change, same tier, lower AP

Back