• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[BORUTO] Versus Momoshiki Arc (Part 2 of ?)

Gonna make this small and quick. Should've done this ages ago but here it is

We currently use the anime adaptation for this arc for most of the BORUTO profiles (Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki etc etc), when we should be using the manga iteration of this arc, as that's the main canon that we use. Naruto, Sasuke, Momoshiki, Kinshiki, and the Kage's profiles also use the manga iteration of this arc, so we should be consistent and stick with the manga. Pretty simple CRT.

Edit: Fights that were offscreened in the manga (Chocho vs Shinki, Mitsuki vs Toroi), should allow us to use the anime since the anime actually showed us the fight.

This changes a lot of the ratings of the profiles so the next CRT of this series will come with proposed changes

Last edited:
Makes sense. I'm assuming the profiles of characters that don't show up in the manga will follow the anime then?
Don't think we have any anime only profiles from this arc, but if we do they should be deleted idk how we'd go abt that tbh

Also I forgot to say this in the OP, but we should be able to use fights that were shown in the anime but offscreened in the manga (like Chocho vs Shinki). I'll add that rq

Also I forgot to say this in the OP, but we should be able to use fights that were shown in the anime but offscreened in the manga (like Chocho vs Shinki). I'll add that
This is actually what I meant to ask. Some events and abilities are anime only I think. I just wanted to know how they'll be handled. I guess you'll use the anime for that then.

Why not make separate profiles for the Manga and Anime counterparts of Boruto?
That's a whole other can of worms that I'm not willing to deal with.
The anime is currently accepted as secondary canon with the anime filling in the gaps of the manga due to a CRT Wrath made some years ago, I don't care to debunk it, and it's also alot more convoluted than one would think, since the manga references stuff that happened in the anime a couple times, as well as the OG writer for the manga being the main supervisor for the anime, as he meant for the anime to work side by side for the manga. So, I'm not really for splitting it completely.

It's similar (yet different) to Dragon Ball's weird canon status on the wiki, IMO.

While this does seem fine, isn't the anime scans okay for secondary canon if that's what's accepted?

While this does seem fine, isn't the anime scans okay for secondary canon if that's what's accepted?
As long as it doesn't contradict the manga, yeah.

So for example Chocho vs Shinki happened but was skipped over in the manga, so we can use the anime for that instance.
But Boruto vs Shinki in the anime never happened in the manga, as the anime completely changed up the events later on in the Exams, so in that case that wouldn't be used.

Thanks for the evaluation

Back