• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Canon Discussion Thread v2

Burning Full Fingers said:
As for any possible Star level discussion regardless of what comes out of this thread, I think we should wait for the next databook before doing anything. If Momoshiki created the dimension with a star, and if he can really destroy a star, the Kishi I know won't hesitate to slap it into our faces. I mean, he did it for Kaguya...
Granted, he's likely not going to write it this time, but we should still wait for the next databook release.
No. Waiting is bad. Naruto databooks come out maybe once every 6-7 years.

Your best option is the Databook blurbs in the Vol. Glossary of each Boruto Manga, which themselves are unreliable.

i dont see the problem. MOmoshiki showing up in the last scenes were in the Nue arc where he was eating a chakra fruit same as the LN

@Astral

I don't like to continuously repeat myself, bro. Everything dealing with momoshiki is one large arc. I.E., the Chunin Exam Arc.

So when I was saying "Chunin Exams", I meant the entire arc.

dude wtf??? Lmao Momoshiki showed up in the Nue Arc in the last scenes i wasnt talking about him showing up in the Chunin Exams.

What we are talking about is something he did during the Nue Arc at the ending in the Light NOvel which we wanna know if its accepted in the anime nue arc which is canon to the manga

AstralKing7 said:
dude wtf??? Lmao Momoshiki showed up in the Nue Arc in the last scenes i wasnt talking about him showing up in the Chunin Exams.
I'm talking about how you keep on bringing up my statements regarding the Chunin Exams. Not nue arc Momo's appearance.

Edit: I'm just touching on every response I didn't respond to yet from earlier.

AstralKing7 said:
Uhh the anime is canon to the manga we just don't use the chunin exams. You were even on the thread a couple of days ago where it was said ƒÿò
This. In that same thread, I you misunderstood me thinkibg I was diferentiating the Chunin Exams from the Arc as a whole.

AstralKing7 said:
i said the same thing you said. We dont use the chunin exams arc in the anime
Ok. Then I misunderstood you. My bad.

When I say Chunin Exam Arc, that Includes Naruto and Kages vs Momo and Kin like the Chunin exams in Pt1 Naruto includes Oro vs Hiruzen and Naruto vs Gaara.

You good as long as we both know that Urashiki is canon I'm happy lol Urashiki is the best think to me in that Arc and just to that he is canon is all good in my book

@TheFinalOrder

The logic is pretty simple. Boruto Novels are canon because they are included in the official timeline, illustrated by Ikemoto, and based on the anime which is currently being directed by Yamashita...

You don't have the justification to say the novel and anime doesn't follow the Manga, when Manga started from Momoshiki arc, and neglected the preceding events. The novels are mainly based on the events that happened prior to Momoshiki arc, so you can't make your claim somewhat entitled.

Here's an analogy to proper relay the point; There's an imprint of an unknown animal foot visible on the ground. A zoologist make notes of this, and decide to follow the foot prints of this animal.

The zoologist however changes his mind, and did not follow the foot prints at all.

Now would you say the Zoologist isn't correctly following the foot prints of the animal, when he didn't begin officially..?

The statement he didn't follow the prints correctly is only true if he had began following the prints, and changed course because he saw the foot prints of another animal entirely.

The anime, and the novels did not start from Momoshiki arc. They started prior to that arc, so they were never trying to follow the Manga, but covering the events the Manga neglected.

There's nothing obsessive of trying to consider the novels canon. By definition, Obsessive describes someone who is fixated on one thing, while ignoring the rest variation of that thing. We haven't ignore the Manga version because there wasn't one to begin with. The Manga started from Momoshiki arc, and conveniently neglected everything that happened prior. Thus, the anime and the recent novels decided to cover these events, and by virtue had every rights to be the main condition regarding its canonicity state.

If the novel comes out tomorrow and add things opposing what the Manga or the anime portrayed, then it's non-canon. So far, it hasn't. If anything, the Manga seemed to be adding things initially advanced by the novel and anime.

The recent novels are entirely based on the anime. The events fit with how the anime portrayed them. The novels only differs because it's more detailed, which should be expected for the reason that the novels is descriptively driven.

"The only thing from the anime stated by Kodachi and Kishi, etc. That is to be taken as "Canon" is the Academy Arc, which is the Nue Arc - Graduation. Nothing else"

It's funny because Momoshiki's feat was from the nue arc, by your own admission, it's canon.

Kishimoto never stated he intended to have Toneri on the movie. Sorry to say, for a site proclaimed to have a lot of knowledgeable Naruto debaters, there are a lot of misinformations going around.

"Neither Kishi or Kodachi has anything to do with the Novel"

Kishi actually illustrated the Shinden novels. Kodachi isn't the supreme author, but Ikemoto is. Like I said, he was the one Kishimoto personally gave his series to handle. Ukyō Kodachi most of the times has his inputs overruled.

Again with the self-entitlement. Just because you said it's not canon, doesn't mean it's not canon. Frankly, the assertion shouldn't even be considered seeing as your points is mostly based on false information.

Furthermore, the anime story has been stated to be supervised by Ukyō Kodachi. Kishimoto even added, "I plan to even make it better than Naruto." Keep in mind Kishimoto was talking about the anime. The statement implies, Kishimoto is heavily involved with the anime, making it canon.

And the fact the novels are based on the anime, makes them canon. Similarly, they are part of the Boruto Naruto Next Generation official timeline and illustrated by Ikemoto, ergo they are canon.

Sorry but I dont see how the Boruto novels that do not contradict the manga are any less canon. I just dont see it they are even put on the official time line.

I think it's just appeal to incredulity.

People are finding it hard to understand something that's quite simple. Everything points to the anime, and the novel being canon, the fact novels are part of the official timeline, the fact they are based on anime of which was stated to be supervised by Ukyō Kodachi, directed by Yamashita, and Kishimoto saying he plans to make it better than Naruto.

OP said we are fixated "on having feats from sources to be considered canon..."

....And there came the greatest irony ever to grace this topic.

I don't know about the novels(i haven't read them).but the anime and manga don't seem to contradict,in fact they complement each other, especially looking at the at the academy arc and momoshiki origins.

From the novels descriptions they also seem canon and don't deviate from the timeline.

I think this is a similar case to the marvel cinematic universe

I agree with @devoyant,there is no reason for them not to be considered canon, at least till they contradict.two cents dropped.

So, I just found out the anime actually borrows some of the events from the novel. For example, the events of Boruto Naruto Next Generation episode 8 was first presented by the novel. Basically, the anime adapted them from the novel.

Kishimoto was officially stated to be involved with the Academy Arc. The fact the anime included events from the novel, under Kishimoto supervision posit Kishimoto acknowledges the novels since he allowed them to be integrated into an arc he was personally working on, ergo they're canon.

Edit; it should be noted episode 8 was part of Academy Arc.

To recap;

The novels are canon because;

• They're part of the official timeline.
    • They're being adapted by the anime, and vice-versa under Kishimoto's nose.
    • They're illustrated by Ikemoto.
    • Ikemoto drew a special Manga page for the novel (admitted this is something I didn't add).
The anime is canon because;

• It is being supervised by Ukyō Kodachi.
    • Kishimoto is heavily involved with them.
    • It is being directed by Yamashita.
    • Some events are based on the novels.
    • Some arcs were referenced in the Manga.
I'll like to add this; the events prior to Momoshiki arc was only portrayed in the anime/novel, not the Manga. That implies the anime and novels are the source materials of everything that happened before Momoshiki arc. By definition, a source material is the original sources, not interpretations. Thus, the argument "the novel/anime isn't canon because they aren't predicated on the manga (the source material)" is invalid on the grounds the Manga did not portray any of the events from the anime, nor the novel. The argument only became true when the anime entered officially into Momoshiki arc. Even then, considering the anime is supervised by Ukyō Kodachi, the canonicity state remains the same.

Back