• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Boros vs Iron Man (5-15-0) Grace

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Tony can absorb energy as well.

His Info Analysis also grants him a great advantage in CQC where I think he outskills Boros given he has more than experience stomping people.

Plus Boros wouldn't find Tony if he decides to go invisible and snipe him with Repulsor Rays until he destroy his core. Considering Boros' stamina problem, this is likely going to happen fast.

The Calaca said:
Tony can absorb energy as well.
His Info Analysis also grants him a great advantage in CQC where I think he outskills Boros given he has more than experience stomping people.

Plus Boros wouldn't find Tony if he decides to go invisible and snipe him with Repulsor Rays until he destroy his core. Considering Boros' stamina problem, this is likely going to happen fast.
Does he do that first thing in character though?

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
How is Tony's energy absorption exactly?

The other stuff can't bypass Boros regen

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I suppose it's similar to Carol's.

He can outlast Boros or just destroy his Core. Both render his regen futile.

The Calaca said:
If he notices his opponent is normally 4x stronger he wouldn't rush head on.
Well, he needs to scan Boros' power first, how fast is the scan? I'm pretty sure that Boros would attack him with a punch and that punch would blast in so much energy capable of destroying his own ship and if that doesn't finish it, he always barrages his opponent to death, I would say that that is the most likely outcome of this battle.

His core? Wdym?

Boros has a tiny marble in him that you have to destroy, otherwise he can't die no matter what you do. Even Saitama punching him where his core location is didn't work on him and not even Consecutive Normal Punches from Saitama worked on Boros, even though he was blown to pieces and smitherings, his marble wasn't in sight. It's THAT hidden.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
No, there's no such thing as a core on Boros. This is a common missconception from anime-only watchers. His regen is only negated in case he runs out of energy while on Meteoric Burst.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
What's specific from outlasting someone who's constantly losing energy and straining his body?

The Calaca said:
What's specific from outlasting someone who's constantly losing energy and straining his body?
The methods to dodge from Boros and that Iron Man doesn't have any knowledge over Boros. That question was pointless tbh, you should know.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Iron Man's systems can tell him that Boros is constantly releasing energy. Tony is Smart enough to notice that's not a good thing for Boros.

The Calaca said:
Iron Man's systems can tell him that Boros is constantly releasing energy. Tony is Smart enough to notice that's not a good thing for Boros.
That's the thing, how much time will his systems tell him that at the beginning of the fight?

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Automatically, I suppose. It's not difficult to notice if Boros is literally irradiating energy like a lightbulb.

The Calaca said:
Automatically, I suppose. It's not difficult to notice if Boros is literally irradiating energy like a lightbulb.
I mean, when someone dodges Boros' attacks, he immediately attacks another direction and keeps doing it as fast as he can, attacking unpredictably and making it very hard for the opponent to dodge. Iron Man may not be able to dodge forever...

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Speed is equalized so Boros attacking as fast as he can is the same for Tony.

Where has been stated that Boros' pattern is unpredictable?

The Calaca said:
Speed is equalized so Boros attacking as fast as he can is the same for Tony.
Where has been stated that Boros' pattern is unpredictable?
I never said that Boros would be attacking faster than Iron Man, you just made a Strawman Fallacy to make my argument look bad.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
It's not a strawman. The way you worded it make it sound like Boros would get faster.

Adress the other point, please.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I'm gonna vote for Tony.

Boros' AP advantage is notable, but it's nothing IM can't handle. His AI is better suited for combat and Boros gets outskilled un CQC. He also has better stamina than Boros, and a Repulsor Ray large enough would obliterate him as clarified in Tony vs Garou.

Tony could absorb some energy attacks and I don't think Boros Will survive long enough until his full power comes into play.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
How would he? He can regenerate as long as his whole body isn't vaporized and would notice that Tony is considerably weaker physically.

Yeah but if he is getting obliterated by energy blast that ignore durability im pretty sure he would see Iron Man as worthy enough to use it against

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
If he loses a limb he will simply grow a new one. He doesn't have the intellect to know he's being blasted into atoms and will not assume that.

CSRC was his last resort when everything else failed.

• Ragdolled Saitama: Useless.
  • Showed his regenerative powers to impress him: Didn't give a fuck.
  • Sent him to the moon: He came back.
All of this happened because Saitama was so much stronger that Boros was trying to win through every method.

In this case we have someone 4x weaker than him who can compete and outskill only. He wouldn't resort to CSRC if IM is giving him a good fight in CQC where he has the upper hand in raw power. Boros wants a good fight and Tony can give him one. He wouldn't end it with his ultimate move unless Tony proves to be tough enough to deserve it.

The closest scenario where he uses it would be one where he notices he's losing too much energy and goes all out, but it's unlikely he'd pull that off before getting blasted by some huge AoE Repulsor Ray.

Wait, so if Boros is able to do what he tried to do to saitama does he not win due to the AP advantage?

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
He would try to physically body Tony. He'd know he's considerably stronger, but the AI and Tony's skill would make him a good CQC combatant that Boros would recognize as a worthy opponent.

He has no reasons to use CSRC given the confidence he has on his power and his Regenerationn. He'd think Tony can't defeat him thanks to that.

Also im pretty sure he would realize if his body parts were just, gone, with nothing remaining. I feel as if you are making Boros out to be animalistic

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
His stamina is good enough to survive a close encounter and his AI would help him not to take too many attacks by reading through the pattern of Boros' style (which is a glorified brawling in my perspective). Add that to his combat experience which should be comparable to Boros and his way better skill and the alien won't deal a big damage during the fight.

Plus, if Tony gets seriously injured he won't go head on and keep fighting where Boros has the advantage. He'd rely on other options, like Sonic to shut off his brain or Cryogenics to mometarily stop him.

All of this discounting the fact he uses Repulsor Ray as a standard move and would use it until he notices Boros' Regenerationn has a limit.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Boros got his arm blown up by Saitama before and regenerated just fine. He would pay no attention to the damage because as long as his whole body isn't vaporized or his stamina reserves empty he can regenerate from that.

How would he know the difference between getting his arm blasted or exploded by an impact? He doesn't have Info Analysis or some form of ESP to notice how the damage is done.

He can... parry the attacks. Or call another armor to get extra protection. Seriously, Boros isn't landing too many hits here, why is that a big deal at all?

I do not see how he is not landing many hits, cause his first moves are usually barraging his opponent like with saitama. And Iron Man cant do much about that, even if he blocks the attacks his armor would still be taking heavy damage.

Calling another suit ?? That is not going to happen imo.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Barraging is one of the most basic movements in a fight. It's something people with no martial skill does and trained persons know how to deal with.

You're ignoring that Tony not only outskills, but his AI would help him to avoid Boros' attacks. He's too simple of a fighter and has no actual skill.

Can't Tony call in his Iron Legion squad to help him out with Boros, making this at the very least a 2 or 3 vs 1 scenario.

The Calaca said:
It's not a strawman. The way you worded it make it sound like Boros would get faster.
Adress the other point, please.
It is a strawman, you're just trying to make it sound like it's not.

If Boros gets one kick in, he wins. Boros' AP is way higher than even Garou's, being able to launch someone to the moon in one kick, without his full power. He also has a lot of extremely powerful beams of his own, without needing to go full power and how in the hell is Iron Man going to survive Collapsing Star: Roaring Cannon? It would be WAY too powerful for Iron Man to take.

You're ignoring that Tony not only outskills, but his AI would help him to avoid Boros' attacks. He's too simple of a fighter and has no actual skill.

Boros is not a "simple" fighter, he's actually a very experienced and tactical fighter. Your argument is wrong.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Sending someone to the moon is 9-B. And Boros is 24PT from his own feat. If he hits harder than Garou, that means Garou downscales from the feat.

See the above. Boros wouldn't use CSRC before he gets blasted.

Prove his tactical skill.

See the above. Boros wouldn't use CSRC before he gets blasted.

Now you're not even knowing that speed is equalised so therefore you've contradicted yourself and have made a fool out of yourself. I have won this argument now because you clearly don't know simple facts and what do you mean by "Prove his tactical skill."? It's right on there on YouTube, are you too lazy to actually do your research that will take on average ten minutes? I'm sorry, I'm trying to be respectful, but I don't like it when people jump in and vote when they know nothing about the other character.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
What? Did you read my comment on why Boros wouldn't use CSRC before he gets blasted or are you assuming I think Tony would blitz him?

No, I can't look at a YouTube video. Is that a problem for you? Post the scan where Boros' skill is proven or get back.

No, I can't look at a YouTube video. Is that a problem for you? Post the scan where Boros' skill is proven or get back.

Oh, that's depressing. Anyway, that's a misconception, Boros uses CSRC when he knows that his life is truly in danger and needs to really use his full power. You only want Iron Man to win because you hate Boros, I don't see why you wouldn't since you lowball Boros.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I know firsthand the amount respect you're capable of. Watch it.

You don't equalize beams in combat, from what I recall. So Iron Man still has light speed beams (I may be wrong though)

At best you'd have disproven our arguments (arguable still), you haven't won anything. And you can't "win" a debate online anyhow. This isn't a debate contest.

"It's right there on YouTube" Excuse me what? Do you think everyone has 10 minutes to spare? It's literally your job to back up your claims.

And woopidy-doo, guess what? That would imply no obscure character should get a match-up. Do YOU know the 50+ years of Iron Man history? No? Then you don't get to judge either.

It's sad that when the exact same thing happens to me by someone else, no one defends me but when a moderator gets it, they automatically get defended... Mod priviledge... I really wish that I could be treatly equally...

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
@Zark all speed is equal. The beams move at the same speed.

@Madotsuki appeal to motive without knowing me. Perfect. That's what I needed to hear.

Anyway, prove Boros has skill remotely close to Captain America's level and we will talk. Otherwise, he's like a kid fighting a Black belt Karate master in the form of an armoured Man who can blast him with hax.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Anyway, we're at 5-5 here, but I'm not sure if the arguments for Boros work.

AP gets negated by superior skill, versatility and numbers (if Tony calls for a Party).

Regen gets negged by Repulsor Rays.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
While i do agree Boros' is less skilled, the skill gap isn't enough to make Boros literally unable to hit IM, and if he does, well, 4x AP gap isn't a small one exactly. IM lacks the stamina and willpower to win against someone who not only has a 4x AP advantage but also has high-mid regen that IM would, at the very least, find good difficulty to bypass.

Boros' regen isn't bypassed through Repulsor Rays unless IM hits hits entire body with it at once, anything aside from that on IM's arsenal can't stop it.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Proof of Boros skill.

Iron Man isn't only trained in martial arts, he has used his AI to compete with Captain America, whose skill might be even greater than Garou's if not for Garou's crazy abilities.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
The Calaca said:
Proof of Boros skill.
Iron Man isn't only trained in martial arts, he has used his AI to compete with Captain America, whose skill might be even greater than Garou's if not for Garou's crazy abilities.
Boros is completly average in combat skill, this is common knowledge. What i'm saying is that IM lacks a skill advantage that can make up for a 4x AP difference.

What his AI does exactly? And what are CA's skill feats?

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Boros doesn't rely on ranged attacks. He didn't do so against Saitama who was blowing him up with every single punch.

In fact, does Boros has any ranged attack outside of CSRC?

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
He does, he used one against Saitama before going in MB, but it showed no visible result so he took a CQC initiative after that.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I see.

Well, it's not going to do a great thing. Iron Man can either dodge or absorb the energy if needed.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
I'd vote IM if it wasn't for Boros' high-mid regen and CSRC. High-Mid regen gives Boros the opportunity to stay alive until he feels like one-shotting with CSRC, tho would that be inconclusive since after using CSRC Boros turns into a grey grape?

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
He shuts down the functions of the brain, not getting your brain exploded to pieces
I know. Regen covers that kind of stuff depending on the way it happens.

By instance, Yujiro can make people faint with a light tap in a pressure point, but Ryuko resists it thanks to her regen.

The main thing that made Boros utilize CSRC in his battle against Saitama after being torn to pieces when Saitama used Consecutive Normal Punches, the equivalent of being spammed with energy beams that vaporize you. So it basically goes like this: Boros tries CQC first, lands a few hits even if less skilled, Iron Man goes for a ranged fight, Boros gets vaporized to hell just like in CNP and then utilizes CSRC

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
See the above. Boros wouldn't notice Tony can atomize him because his regen would work as long as his body still exists.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
What's the difference between beind reduced to small pieces via atomization or via impacts from punches? The result, on Boros' end, are all the same. He'll feel threatened and willing to use CSRC.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
He didn't feel threatened until he was blown to a pulp of blood and after trying everything else.

I'm honestly tired of discussing Tony vs OPM High 6-A for today. I adressed those concerns above and I don't want to repeat myself over and over. So if you have anything to say, please don't use something I already adressed.

Voting Tony, because even then he can just pull off that disintegrating explosion around himself whenever he wants.

That being said i don't think cryogenics would work against a being who emanates enough heat to instantly melt large holes in alien alloys created for space travel.

Same thing with sonics and shutting of the brain of a guy who got turned to lasagna and didn't even lose conscience.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
Depends on the speed we're equalizing the characters to here.

By instance, if we are equalizing the speeds for Superhuman, it's a solid BFR. But if we're equalizing the speeds for Relativistic or something in these lines, it's not.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
It doesn't matter at what speed we are equalizing them here.

Both at Rel? Boros kicks and sends Tony at Rel speeds, but Tony reacts and fly at such speed as well.