• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros vs Iron Man (5-15-0) Grace

Tony can absorb energy as well.

His Info Analysis also grants him a great advantage in CQC where I think he outskills Boros given he has more than experience stomping people.

Plus Boros wouldn't find Tony if he decides to go invisible and snipe him with Repulsor Rays until he destroy his core. Considering Boros' stamina problem, this is likely going to happen fast.

The Calaca said:
Tony can absorb energy as well.
His Info Analysis also grants him a great advantage in CQC where I think he outskills Boros given he has more than experience stomping people.

Plus Boros wouldn't find Tony if he decides to go invisible and snipe him with Repulsor Rays until he destroy his core. Considering Boros' stamina problem, this is likely going to happen fast.
Does he do that first thing in character though?

How is Tony's energy absorption exactly?

The other stuff can't bypass Boros regen

I suppose it's similar to Carol's.

He can outlast Boros or just destroy his Core. Both render his regen futile.

The Calaca said:
If he notices his opponent is normally 4x stronger he wouldn't rush head on.
Well, he needs to scan Boros' power first, how fast is the scan? I'm pretty sure that Boros would attack him with a punch and that punch would blast in so much energy capable of destroying his own ship and if that doesn't finish it, he always barrages his opponent to death, I would say that that is the most likely outcome of this battle.

His core? Wdym?

Boros has a tiny marble in him that you have to destroy, otherwise he can't die no matter what you do. Even Saitama punching him where his core location is didn't work on him and not even Consecutive Normal Punches from Saitama worked on Boros, even though he was blown to pieces and smitherings, his marble wasn't in sight. It's THAT hidden.

No, there's no such thing as a core on Boros. This is a common missconception from anime-only watchers. His regen is only negated in case he runs out of energy while on Meteoric Burst.

What's specific from outlasting someone who's constantly losing energy and straining his body?

The Calaca said:
What's specific from outlasting someone who's constantly losing energy and straining his body?
The methods to dodge from Boros and that Iron Man doesn't have any knowledge over Boros. That question was pointless tbh, you should know.

Iron Man's systems can tell him that Boros is constantly releasing energy. Tony is Smart enough to notice that's not a good thing for Boros.

The Calaca said:
Iron Man's systems can tell him that Boros is constantly releasing energy. Tony is Smart enough to notice that's not a good thing for Boros.
That's the thing, how much time will his systems tell him that at the beginning of the fight?

Automatically, I suppose. It's not difficult to notice if Boros is literally irradiating energy like a lightbulb.

The Calaca said:
Automatically, I suppose. It's not difficult to notice if Boros is literally irradiating energy like a lightbulb.
I mean, when someone dodges Boros' attacks, he immediately attacks another direction and keeps doing it as fast as he can, attacking unpredictably and making it very hard for the opponent to dodge. Iron Man may not be able to dodge forever...

Speed is equalized so Boros attacking as fast as he can is the same for Tony.

Where has been stated that Boros' pattern is unpredictable?

The Calaca said:
Speed is equalized so Boros attacking as fast as he can is the same for Tony.
Where has been stated that Boros' pattern is unpredictable?
I never said that Boros would be attacking faster than Iron Man, you just made a Strawman Fallacy to make my argument look bad.

4? Why would he think him releasing energy was a bad thing?

It's not a strawman. The way you worded it make it sound like Boros would get faster.

Adress the other point, please.

I'm gonna vote for Tony.

Boros' AP advantage is notable, but it's nothing IM can't handle. His AI is better suited for combat and Boros gets outskilled un CQC. He also has better stamina than Boros, and a Repulsor Ray large enough would obliterate him as clarified in Tony vs Garou.

Tony could absorb some energy attacks and I don't think Boros Will survive long enough until his full power comes into play.

Alright counted. Btw if Boros realizes he wont win would he not just use CSRC?

How would he? He can regenerate as long as his whole body isn't vaporized and would notice that Tony is considerably weaker physically.

Yeah but if he is getting obliterated by energy blast that ignore durability im pretty sure he would see Iron Man as worthy enough to use it against

If he loses a limb he will simply grow a new one. He doesn't have the intellect to know he's being blasted into atoms and will not assume that.

CSRC was his last resort when everything else failed.

• Ragdolled Saitama: Useless.
  • Showed his regenerative powers to impress him: Didn't give a ****.
  • Sent him to the moon: He came back.
All of this happened because Saitama was so much stronger that Boros was trying to win through every method.

In this case we have someone 4x weaker than him who can compete and outskill only. He wouldn't resort to CSRC if IM is giving him a good fight in CQC where he has the upper hand in raw power. Boros wants a good fight and Tony can give him one. He wouldn't end it with his ultimate move unless Tony proves to be tough enough to deserve it.

The closest scenario where he uses it would be one where he notices he's losing too much energy and goes all out, but it's unlikely he'd pull that off before getting blasted by some huge AoE Repulsor Ray.

Wait, so if Boros is able to do what he tried to do to saitama does he not win due to the AP advantage?

He would try to physically body Tony. He'd know he's considerably stronger, but the AI and Tony's skill would make him a good CQC combatant that Boros would recognize as a worthy opponent.

He has no reasons to use CSRC given the confidence he has on his power and his Regenerationn. He'd think Tony can't defeat him thanks to that.

How is Tony tanking multiple 24 petaton attacks?

Also im pretty sure he would realize if his body parts were just, gone, with nothing remaining. I feel as if you are making Boros out to be animalistic

His stamina is good enough to survive a close encounter and his AI would help him not to take too many attacks by reading through the pattern of Boros' style (which is a glorified brawling in my perspective). Add that to his combat experience which should be comparable to Boros and his way better skill and the alien won't deal a big damage during the fight.

Plus, if Tony gets seriously injured he won't go head on and keep fighting where Boros has the advantage. He'd rely on other options, like Sonic to shut off his brain or Cryogenics to mometarily stop him.

All of this discounting the fact he uses Repulsor Ray as a standard move and would use it until he notices Boros' Regenerationn has a limit.

Back