• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros vs Battle Beast (8-2-1) Grace Completed

No one has answered my question.

Battle Beast's own scaling chain makes him way too high for Boros to do any sort of damage to him.

Battle Beast's own scaling chain makes him way too high for Boros to do any sort of damage to him.
borse has heat - really hot heat, in fact
i believe the heat of his lasers and whatnot can melt massive portions of his ship, which can withstand re-entry (which, according to this .edu link, is around 1650 C)

he unironically could just dance around BB w/ his speed advantage (which is insane, mind you, imagine someone being able to throw 8 punches in the time it takes you to throw 1) and fry him

I believe it's sheer heat, which can ignore conventual durability to an extent.

I don't mean a Tier 8 character can burn away a Tier 6, assuming no special weaknesses or something, but a gap like this is fine.

Especially when Battle Beast doesn't have any heat resistance to speak of.

borse has heat - really hot heat, in fact
i believe the heat of his lasers and whatnot can melt massive portions of his ship, which can withstand re-entry (which, according to this .edu link, is around 1650 C)

he unironically could just dance around BB w/ his speed advantage (which is insane, mind you, imagine someone being able to throw 8 punches in the time it takes you to throw 1) and fry him
Heat Dura neg only goes so far afaik, and the characters who scale to 32.8 Exatons are literal fodder to Battle Beast as I described earlier. The scaling chain is just too big to assume Boros could just overcome with heat alone.

Also how long does it take before Boros dies. Considering his speed, Boros was already left panting for breaths after what's likely seconds of just throwing Saitama into space.

Boros would likely use CSRC the moment he realizes he can't scratch Battle Beast, like he did with Saitama, and the CSRC is something Battle Beast can definitely survive. Boros would then be left severely out of energy afterwards.

His Ultimate attack isn't even stronger than a bunch of weakened fodders lmfao. It's not rocket science.
Well okay since we’re getting to be smartasses now
You can’t really use his ultimate attack as an anti feat here because it just scales massively insanely far above his MB AP
the fact that it’s considered weaker than crippled viltrumites is purely a consequence of how we treat vs threads here and is not actually something that can be quantified as weaker or stronger, especially when the value gap here isn’t even 10x
As far as a vs thread is concerned, someone a single joule above Orochi’s durability would only be considering = in strength to collapsing star roaring cannon. That’s just the system, but it has nothing to do with this debate. Saying “csrc << weakened viltrumites” serves no argumentative purpose other than shock value and taking it out of context
which still is not very relevant to the primary argument of insanely hot heat manipulation that should be able to incinerate battle beast.

It’s not rocket science.

Heat Dura neg only goes so far afaik
I feel like we should probably set a standard on how much durability can heat negate.

It should negate any gap (Ignoring anything infinite or beyond) if someone lacks heat resistance going by our standards. But in reality there would be a hard limit to this. Since a Tier 7 character would produce so much heat with their movement that fire, magma, and even the surface of the Sun would be nothing to them.

But obviously we can't give everyone heat manipulation/resistance based on them being a high tier. You'd only need to be Wall level to tank touching lava. That's why I said our standards, since we don't give these people heat manipulation/resistance for being a certain tier. Meaning they just have normal resistance.

Scaling heat is extremely iffy. Since heat "damage" comes from temperatures. And heat energy comes from multiple factors and not just temperature.

Example: Take a fire that has high energy (7-C) and covers a large area. But this fire cannot melt steel as it's temperature is too low, as such the damage it can inflict is limited. If an object is heated it usually doesn't get hotter than the source of the heat. This 7-C fire would do less damage than a Tier 8 fire that only covers a small area. Because it can instantly vaporize tungsten or something, despite the fact the Tier 7-C has more energy.

Is a fire that burns a Tier 7 character, but is noted as being unable to melt steel, inferior to a fire produced by a Tier 8 character that can melt tungsten? If we only cared about temperature that means a Tier 8 character can vaporize a Tier 5 character with passive heat aura. Which I don't think is right or should be allowed.

But if we don't care about temperature at all and focus on the type of person it burns, what about the above? Character A's flames can't melt something Character B's flames can easily melt. But Character A's flames can hurt higher Tier characters than Character B. Who's flames are superior in a versus thread in this case?

It's a tricky thing to nail down. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with some satisfactory answer that doesn't introduce problems but I've had no luck.

In case you couldn't tell, I have lots of thoughts about this subject.

I feel like we should probably set a standard on how much durability can heat negate.

It should negate any gap (Ignoring anything infinite or beyond) if someone lacks heat resistance going by our standards. But in reality there would be a hard limit to this. Since a Tier 7 character would produce so much heat with their movement that fire, magma, and even the surface of the Sun would be nothing to them.

But obviously we can't give everyone heat manipulation/resistance based on them being a high tier. You'd only need to be Wall level to tank touching lava. That's why I said our standards, since we don't give these people heat manipulation/resistance for being a certain tier. Meaning they just have normal resistance.

Scaling heat is extremely iffy. Since heat "damage" comes from temperatures. And heat energy comes from multiple factors and not just temperature.

Example: Take a fire that has high energy (7-C) and covers a large area. But this fire cannot melt steel as it's temperature is too low, as such the damage it can inflict is limited. If an object is heated it usually doesn't get hotter than the source of the heat. This 7-C fire would do less damage than a Tier 8 fire that only covers a small area. Because it can instantly vaporize tungsten or something, despite the fact the Tier 7-C has more energy.

Is a fire that burns a Tier 7 character, but is noted as being unable to melt steel, inferior to a fire produced by a Tier 8 character that can melt tungsten? If we only cared about temperature that means a Tier 8 character can vaporize a Tier 5 character with passive heat aura. Which I don't think is right or should be allowed.

But if we don't care about temperature at all and focus on the type of person it burns, what about the above? Character A's flames can't melt something Character B's flames can easily melt. But Character A's flames can hurt higher Tier characters than Character B. Who's flames are superior in a versus thread in this case?

It's a tricky thing to nail down. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with some satisfactory answer that doesn't introduce problems but I've had no luck.

In case you couldn't tell, I have lots of thoughts about this subject.
Interesting, when I asked a calc group member I was told it wouldn't matter and being 8 times would be enough to withstand it (stonewall it), with the 7.5 times one shot being the standard for that answer I asked.

You can’t really use his ultimate attack as an anti feat here because it just scales massively insanely far above his MB AP
The problem is we don't know by how much, and even it's own calculations put it at High 6-A so it's hard to even high ball it to anywhere near a weakened Viltrumite.

the fact that it’s considered weaker than crippled viltrumites is purely a consequence of how we treat vs threads here and is not actually something that can be quantified as weaker or stronger, especially when the value gap here isn’t even 10x
By this logic, wouldn't the same apply for Battle Beast but to a bigger extent? Battle Beast's own scaling chain is arguably even larger than Boros'. What's not to say he couldn't survive the attack when opponents on a similar level to Boros' attacks are nothing to him.

That’s just the system, but it has nothing to do with this debate. Saying “csrc << weakened viltrumites” serves no argumentative purpose other than shock value and taking it out of context
Your argument would make sense if we weren't arguing in Vs wiki, using vs wiki standards. And with Vs wiki standards, the weakened Viltrumites would be stronger than the CSRC

The problem is we don't know by how much, and even it's own calculations put it at High 6-A so it's hard to even high ball it to anywhere near a weakened Viltrumite.

By this logic, wouldn't the same apply for Battle Beast but to a bigger extent? Battle Beast's own scaling chain is arguably even larger than Boros'. What's not to say he couldn't survive the attack when opponents on a similar level to Boros' attacks are nothing to him.

Your argument would make sense if we weren't arguing in Vs wiki, using vs wiki standards. And with Vs wiki standards, the weakened Viltrumites would be stronger than the CSRC
I mean there are literally multiple ways to calculate Boros' crust bust at tier 5, the vast amount of interpretations is why the calc is no longer ued in the first place so it is actually not hard at all to highball it there
it's essentially just an unknown far higher for that very reason. The point of far higher is that it could be literally anything.

also vs wiki standards /=/ vs battle standards, we literally condemn the one shot gap as not being a multiplier and being for vs threads only, so yes there is a difference

anyways heat laser brrr

VS battle standards on this forum literally use VS wiki standards, and I don't see how the second part is relevant here.
I am saying that on the actual wiki nothing prevents CSRC from being > viltrumites, as the “far higher” is used to indicate likely being of a higher tier but unquantifiable. In vs thread rules we have to assume it’s weaker, but it doesn’t actually reflect on the character’s scaling chain. In a vs thread a punch from Orochi is literally no weaker than the csrc is the opponent has a 10th of a joule advantage
But this is all equally irrelevant. The point is that hot laser sizzle sizzle bam bam let him cook W rizz Boros FRA

I am saying that on the actual wiki nothing prevents CSRC from being > viltrumites, as the “far higher” is used to indicate likely being of a higher tier but unquantifiable.
If nothing proves Viltrumites > CSRC, then what exactly proves CSRC > Viltrumites? Beyond just a scaling chain.

And sure, the CSRC maybe stronger than a weakened Viltrumite, but how does that account for the even bigger scaling chain that Batt;e beast has above said Viltrumite.

I am saying that on the actual wiki nothing prevents CSRC from being > viltrumites, as the “far higher” is used to indicate likely being of a higher tier but unquantifiable. In vs thread rules we have to assume it’s weaker, but it doesn’t actually reflect on the character’s scaling chain. In a vs thread a punch from Orochi is literally no weaker than the csrc is the opponent has a 10th of a joule advantage
But this is all equally irrelevant. The point is that hot laser sizzle sizzle bam bam let him cook W rizz Boros FRA
That still doesn’t prove that CSRC is higher than even a bog standard viltrumite. A scaling chain is going to help close the gap but it’ll only take you so far. Congrats, it says “far higher” that just means it’s higher to an unknown degree and there’s no actual feat or evidence to support it being a higher tier.

Boros: the best OPM antagonist to this day
Doesn’t have a complicated and fundamentally kind of stupid motivation like Garou while pretending to be profound
Gets the best animated fight ever
Was drawn in Murata’s biggest W era
Is also one of Murata’s 2 favorite characters despite having scarce time to exist in the story
Truly peak
Boros FRA

Assuming that characters produce so much heat and stuff from their insane energy attacks when they never displayed anything because physics is extremely weird. They are breaking physics consistently but somehow they gotta have that insane level of heat resistance cuz physics.

Boros: the best OPM antagonist to this day
Doesn’t have a complicated and fundamentally kind of stupid motivation like Garou while pretending to be profound
Gets the best animated fight ever
Was drawn in Murata’s biggest W era
Is also one of Murata’s 2 favorite characters despite having scarce time to exist in the story
Truly peak
Boros FRA
this boros d-riding is making me hate him wtf

anyway i'll vote incon

Back