• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
I'd like to propose the following changes to this profile

• Instead of two keys, I'd like there to be three. One for his armoured version, another for unleashed and one for meteoric burst. All three separate from his planet busting roaring cannon attack.
  • His durability is to be downgraded, as his collapsing cannon attack is Boros using all his energy which (considering how much meteoric burst fatigues him) is a suicidal attack; to scale it to his overall durability is questionable. Using Saitama's serious punch also doesn't make sense, because it managed to render him as a useless husk who later on died.
  • His attack potency for the unleashed and meteoric burst forms shall be evaluated upon based on these scans, Unleashed & Meteoric Burst. If these calculations fail to be impressive, he can be simply scaled to Tatsumaki as a safe assumption.

What amm had proposed seems very reasonable and after careful consideration based on my own knowledge on OPM. I have to sincerely agree with this.

I'm inclined to agree as well, though we don't necessarily need a new key for his ultimate attack, it can just be "[whatever], 5-B with Planet Buster Roar Cannon".

Promestein said:
I'm inclined to agree as well, though we don't necessarily need a new key for his ultimate attack, it can just be "[whatever], 5-B with Planet Buster Roar Cannon".
Yeah.

By the way, Boros would be 6-C at a minimum in his Meteoric Burst, possibly 6-A. Since Saitama's casual moves have calcs that result in that.

Could he be scaled to the damage of Saitama's moon jump in meteoric burst, since that was still "normal" mode for Saitama

@Matt

Saitama's moon jump was calculated at High 6-A, IIRC.

And Boros' attacks can seriously damage his ship, which tanked Saitama crashing into it from the moon.

The Everlasting said:
@Matt
Saitama's moon jump was calculated at High 6-A, IIRC.

And Boros' attacks can seriously damage his ship, which tanked Saitama crashing into it from the moon.
6-A, I think. 5 Petatons or something like that.

But yes, I think scaling it to that is acceptable.

Scaling Saitama's moon jump to Boros sounds sketchy since it's pure speculation as to whether or not he put the same effort into that manoeuvre as he did in those single punches; basing it off the damage he does to the ship would be scaled more from Saitama's kinetic energy rather than the moment from when Saitama propelled himself from the moon. And even then, it would apply for when Boros was gathering up the energy to perform the collapsing cannon attack rather than his other attacks.

Also, isn't the only advantage Boros gets during Meteoric Burst speed? I don't recall it making him more powerful, just faster.

The Everlasting said:
Also, isn't the only advantage Boros gets during Meteoric Burst speed? I don't recall it making him more powerful.
Boros explictly says that it makes him more powerful.

@AMM

Boros' ship endured Saitama's moon jump. Boros was destroying it.

@matt terminal velocity would slow down saitama once he hit air so the strength of said jump could have been heavily reduced.

Just a thought could be wrong.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Grudge

I don't see what could imply that

http://www.*************/manga/onepunch_man/c035.2/3.html
Matt it's just science, it's not a matter of it implies it or not, it's just that saitama jumped to the earth at such incredible speeds that even with terminal velocity and the air reducing his speed it still strong enough to cause some serious damage.

RadicalMrR said:
Would Garou also get downgraded?
Don't know. He stopped a weak Atomic Slash, outsped Flashy Flash, and according to ONE he can go at least toe to toe with Boros. I guess striking strength/AP may be affected, though I could be wrong.

Grudge ain't wrong, Saitama performing the action of propelling himself from the Moon to Earth has more energy than Saitama crashing into the spaceship.

Also, Meteoric Burst is the process of releasing internal energy as a means of propulsive force; performing such an action shortens his life-span (as stated by Boros.) And if that's the case, then using all of his energy so he could use his cannon attack is pretty much suicidal; if not, I still don't know how it would be scaled to his durability (especially considering Saitama's weaker attacks were able to harm him greatly).

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
if not, I still don't know how it would be scaled to his durability (especially considering Saitama's weaker attacks were able to harm him greatly).
Unless Boros gets a DB-esq universal stat increase, yeah. A single punch by Saitama caused massive internal damage (judging by the pop sfx)

http://www.imgur.com/a/VMFD4

And the consecutive punches gibbed him

http://www.imgur.com/a/50nyh

RadicalMrR said:
Would Garou also get downgraded?
He would be, even more so considering that he doesn't have a finishing move like Boros does; it isn't implied he'd be able to counter it either (like Saitama did). Since all that was said about it (from ONE) was that it'd be a hell of a fight and that he'd have the edge over him in cqc; even if Boros had to use his finishing move to take down Garou, it'd still qualify for being a hell of a fight.

Quangotjokes said:
Boros dura is as strong as his energy.
On what grounds,when commenting on a content revision thread please always provide a reasoning or evidence for your proposals othe wise this is just a empty statement.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Quangotjokes said:
Boros dura is as strong as his energy.
On what grounds,when commenting on a content revision thread please always provide a reasoning or evidence for your proposals othe wise this is just a empty statement.
In Mb he transorms his energy into kinetic energy which in turn boosted his stats beyond his narural limitations. Thus, in boros case, DC = Dura.

I agree that his durability scales to his attack potency during meteoric burst; if this were not the case Boros would have most likely fried himself with his attacks. However, the same cannot be said for Boros using his finishing move for reasons aforementioned.

I was curious and here's a guidebook translation

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMa...ranslate_this_databook_page_for_lord/cywgtd2/

It does mention his destructive force rivaling a meteor, but that's vague since meteors can vary pretty widely in power

> kinetic energy which in turn boosted his stats beyond his narural limitations

It only says power and speed. But due to recoil I guess he has to be strong enough to take whatever he dishes out. But since the CSRC requires all of his energy, shouldn't the inverse be true (requires all of his energy to survive a surface wipe/planet bust)?

Well, do keep in mind that internal energy doesn't mean much for durability. For example, a human body has about 70 watts or so stored within, yet I'm very certain a 70-watt laser would burn me severely. There's also the fact that Boros is an alien who's anatomy differs greatly from ours, so it's also possible that the internal energy he releases is contributing more to his Regenerationn than actual durability (the link you provided actually proves his latent energy aides his Regenerationn). It would explain why Saitama's weaker attacks were able to gravely injure him; on some occasions, blow him apart.

Jonathanlighter said:
The profile is fine... ...
Again ON WHAT GROUNDS, come on people provide your reasoning or evidence for your claims otherwise you look stupid or useless(this a message for anyone who does this.)

Okay jeez... no need to be a dick about it. The reason why i think his profile is fine is cuz boros's CSRC is his OWN attack generated from his OWN power. THEREFORE ITS PERFECTLY REASONABLE for him to he at least high 6-A, its his OWN POWER. If boros needed to borrow power from a different source, such as a machine or a weapon to generate the CSRC, THAN his tier should change, but thats not the case. But i do think boros should have a separate key for meteoric burst

@Jonathanlighter the message wasn't about you specifically it's again like I pointed out for everyone in general. However I just wrote above to another user the same thing you did so you should have payed attention to that, but agian no hard feelings.

I mostly agree with Azathoth.

However, my memory of Boros' fight with Saitama is vague. Why should Boros have lower durability than attack potency rating? Even if an attack state is temporary, it still requires comparative durability to perform a physical attack of a certain magnitude.

"Why should Boros have lower durability than attack potency rating?"

Because unless you want to argue Saitama was using attacks with higher power than his Serious Punch (as the value for the CSRC exceeds it) throughout the whole fight, more casual attacks were capable of blowing apart his arm, leaving indents in his stomach and on occasion being blown to shreds.

you can argue that saitama didnt need the serious punch at all and used it due to respect to boros' final attack.

Saitama use the serious punch becuse he proabaly thought that if he let that energy attack explode on him this will sill destroy some part of erath\surface

So Boros is not scaled from his own attack? Because lower durability than his own attack potency in terms of striking strength would automatically destroy his body.

I agree with Ant. If his durability was lower than his AP, he would have had to regenerate his fists every time he punched Saitama

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Nothing suggests PBRC is a suicide move. What is suggested is that it will leave Boros completely drained for a while, after. What was suicidal was using it against Saitama, as he had zero means of defending after using it.
Aside from that I agree with this.
I agree with Azathoth and Ant.

PBRC simply draws more of Boros' own energies than his regular attacks. By that logic, any energy attack like your ordinary Kamehameha would not scale to a character's own power and would need a separate key.

The Saitama Punches Vs. Serious Punch argument makes no sense. Boros could endure normal punches from Saitama, even if they hurt him, meanwhile the Serious Punch left him a decaying husk.

But Boros still briefly survived Saitama's Serious Punch, which is even stronger than his PBRC. Even if he did die, it wasn't instantaneous. That implies that his durability isn't nearly as low as AMM is suggesting. It'd have to be at least somewhat comparable to his own PBRC and Saitama's Punch for him not to die instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back